[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a dream...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: rv-boat.png (18KB, 296x234px) Image search: [Google]
rv-boat.png
18KB, 296x234px
For the price of a home and property you could get 2 RVs and 1 boat.

Use one RV in the America's to travel. Use the boat to travel between the America's and Europe. Use the other RV to travel Europe and Asia.
And use all three in combination, leaving one behind, to travel the globe.

What will you do for money? Hmm. Fish n Chips? Cross country taxi? Tourism?
>>
>>987460
You do know that as soon as you buy that house and RV, you lose like $50k worth of depreciation within a day. If you buy a house and take care of it in the right area, it will always be worth money and probably go up in value.

I mean your plan sounds fun, but let's be realistic about buying an RV instead of a house.
>>
>>987460
RVs are cancer of the road
Keep them out of the mountains
>>
>>987460
Any boat that is sea worthy enough to cross the Atlantic is going to cost as much as a house itself.

You also need to pay to store the boats and RVs somewhere.

You'd also need the skill to perform a cross Atlantic trip in a boat.

It's a pipe dream at best.

Get an RV and travel the USA. Take a flight when you want to cross the Atlantic, and rent a car in Europe. You'll be a lot better off.
>>
>>987462

>lose like $50k worth of depreciation within a day.

Maybe he is not a stupidhead. Maybe he buys it from someone who bought it yesterday, thus saving $50k. Or if he very smart he buys it from guy who bought yesterday from guy who bought the day earlier. Personally I just take the price new/$50k and just go back that many days to get it free or 1 extra day if I want a $50k profit. Try thinking next time Mr brainiac.
>>
>>987603
He didn't say that it was 50k each day retard.
>>
Maintenance and insurance will be pretty expensive. At least $80k a year.

Those coach RVs cost close to a million new.
For 250k you might get an eight year old model.

A motor yacht? At least half a million for a decent used one. Crossing the Atlantic will also set you back few $1000 in diesel.

Also, you can rent it out when you're not using it. Plenty of people do that with their vacation homes.
>>
>>987879
There are lots of class A diesel pusher RVs for well under a million. Only the most expensive ones are close to a million. You can easily get a high end class A for $250k. If you want a cheaper model, you can spend closer to $100k, although it would be a gas engine.
>>
>>987460

Good luck driving between Europe and Asia by road. You eventually get some very questionable places to drive through.
>>
File: rv.png (72KB, 320x273px) Image search: [Google]
rv.png
72KB, 320x273px
Fuck RVs
Stick to the parking lot instead of taking up space in the campground
>>
>>988686
Campgrounds are just parking lots you jealous faggot
>>
>>988686
Why dont you just stay at the jelly school and keep away from the campgrounds?
Campgrounds are for RVs
>>
>>988694
>Parking lots have pit toilets and pick nick tables
>>
>>987487
And the prairie, and the valleys, and the steppes, and the rest of the world, while you're at it.

I guess if you feel like parking your giant box in the city or suburbs or driving it on the interstate you won't be too obnoxious.
>>
>>987603
Not sure if bait.
Learn economics either way, ye twat.
>>
>>987603
You sound stupid and that's why you are broke. Everyone I know buys stuff (not just RVs and boats, but milk and gasoline and clothes) from people who bought it yesterday. Only retards pay full price from stores.
>>
>>987460
Just buy a $300,000 boat that you can live on. Bring bicycles. Hop around various ports. Build seafaring skills without being too far from land before you take it to a foreign country. Forget the RVs.
>>
>buy motorcycle
>buy tent
>travel america
>flips shades
>>
>>989132
But RVs in the mountains really fuck over anyone else on the road who wants to get anywhere other than at a snail's pace
Some places have no RV rules just because they are so cancerous
>>
>>989275
Get an RV you lazy fag.never look back
>>
>>987460
Do it. There are a few people who have gone from full time RV to full time boat living too. RV's are great. Fuck these poorfags.
>>
>>987879
Other tham renting this expensive shit out maybe started a youtube or sell swag bud iffy
>>
>>987462
Air streams hold value.
and who buys a new boat? besides stupidly rich people. normies always buy used.
>>
>>989132
Just park it bybthe cars at the truck stop or in a lot.

Stay the fuck away from the yrucks tho u little fuckstick 4 wheelers
>>
>>989275
He doesnt crall the 3 sisters in 4th gear ima 18 speed at 4 fucking mph. Git gid son
>>
>>990095
We already covered this buy boats from people who bought boats yesterday from retards who bought the day before
>>
>>990117
two best days in boat owners life are the day he sells the boat and the day he buys.

sadly my dream is to refrub a 1950s new England trawler... even in my dreams i pick an unpractical money pit.
>>
>>987460
Or... or... buy property and build your own boat and RV's.
>>
>>989229
Yeah. I only buy shit that's on sale/clearance. I just got a fixed blade knife for 6 dollars today.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.