[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in Hawaii so I do a lot of beach camping. Hawaii has a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: 61FMoXbqApL._SL1500_.jpg (46KB, 1500x299px) Image search: [Google]
61FMoXbqApL._SL1500_.jpg
46KB, 1500x299px
I live in Hawaii so I do a lot of beach camping. Hawaii has a pretty bad mongoose problem. I'm sick of these little fuckers sneaking into my campsite and fucking with my shit. I've decided to get a BB/pellet gun to deal with the issue.
Do you think a standard Red Rider would do the trick? Any other suggestions? Nothing too big or fancy but whatever I buy, I need it to also to be able to take down birds for food purposes.
>>
>>986915
You prefer snakes?
>>
>>
File: crossman1077.jpg (4KB, 451x112px) Image search: [Google]
crossman1077.jpg
4KB, 451x112px
>>
File: IMG_0689.jpg (1MB, 4032x2177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0689.jpg
1MB, 4032x2177px
>>986915
Red Ryders are weak as fuck. You're gonna have to go a little stronger.

Gamo makes some straight .177 air rifiles that will shoot lead at 1000fps for around $100-$150. Whenever the pellet gun threads pop up, there's bound to be people recommending hardcore shit but you probably don't want to spend an arm and a leg for pest control.

Just remember the break-barrel spring piston guns are one pump, one shot so you gotta get those fuckers the first shot. Otherwise there is CO2 and the newer compressed gas ones. CO2 guns can be nice because you can fire off a dozen pellets in a few seconds but not quite as strong. Don't own any of the newer compressed gas ones but I'm assuming you can get semi-auto type ones, just not sure what they would cost if you really want the power to take down small mammals.
>>
File: Umarex 2254804 XBG Multi-Shot.jpg (14KB, 355x272px) Image search: [Google]
Umarex 2254804 XBG Multi-Shot.jpg
14KB, 355x272px
>>
>>986935
Lel yeah those are great little guns for the price. Took down a possum with mine. Only problem is they don't come close to the power you can get in a spring piston you can buy for only slightly more. That will def matter at range, the possum was only like 15' away and one shot got it squealing and 2 or 3 more made it stop. No issues taking down small to medium birds with the 1077 tho. But 1000fps+ break barrels will turn pidgeons into a plume of feathers real quick.
>>
>>986945
And for this, pistols are fun but it's really hard to hit birds with them and most of them are like 400fps. 400fps won't even break the skin at much more than 20yds.
>>
>>986915
Red Ryder can take down anything. Just make sure you aim for the eye.
>>
>>986946
thx for the info
>>
File: trap-1-300x263.jpg (21KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
trap-1-300x263.jpg
21KB, 300x263px
Don't forget snares and traps. A spool of steel wire and you can kill hundreds of them around the clock.
>>
>>986915
You'll put your eye out with that, kid.
>>
>>986918
Shoot the snakes too
>>
>>986915
No. A Daisy Red Ryder carbine action BB rifle is not a hunting gun. You may get lucky and kill a couple of Tweety Birds with it, but it is not accurate beyond 30 feet.
From some asshole on arfcom 9 years ago...
>Velocity is about 280 FPS, energy with a standard 5.5 gr steel BB is about 1 ft-lb. The effective range is probably out to 30-50 feet, but it is likely that the BB could carry for some distance beyond that if the BB gun were fired with an elevated muzzle. I've heard the extreme range being stated as '200 yards" by Daisy, but I have my doubts.

A mongoose weighs about 1-1/2 pounds. You need at least 9 grains (lead .177 pointed) leaving the muzzle at around 750 fps to retain maybe 4 ft lbs on the target. A .20 or .22 spring powered at 800fps would be preferred. You do the math, because /k/ tier thread has been saged.
>>
File: red ryder.jpg (504KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
red ryder.jpg
504KB, 750x1000px
>>987087
OP didn't necessarily say he wanted to kill the animals, just "deal" with them. Honestly it's a hell of a lot easier to just pop them a few times with a steel BB and have them scamper off than to kill them and have to deal with the body and possible legal consequences of killing the animals.

>>986915
I love my red ryder man. I bought it so I could shoot innawoods behind my apartment and because .22lr prices were going through the roof. It's not for hunting, but it hits pretty hard and most animals would GTFO if they got popped by it.
>>
>>986915
They are fun to shoot the cockroahes but do not hit the water pvc pipes they run on.
>>
>>986915
Can you even own a BB gun in that degenerate liberal hive? Then again if you're black you can shoot up a whole mongoose neighborhood without protest.
>>
>Do you think a standard Red Rider would do the trick?
absolutely fucking not
>>
>>986915

Just body slam them.
>>
Crosman 1377
>>
>>986915
Idk the law reguarding black powder stuff. But in my state its considered a gun and not a firearm. There for you can go hambroni and fire off black powder shit in neighborhoods and it be perfectly legal... Now there is a law in place where firing a projectile into or over someone's property results in a felony.. Yes. Launching a marble into someone's yard with a sling shot (their considered weapons here) and its off to the pokey with you kiddo! But go ahead and fire off black powder shit in your back yard... Just make sure it stays there.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SswFXSqD1zU
>>
>>987822
>black powder

The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>988772
That's clearly some kind of fleshlight like sex toy
>>
>>986915
have fun with that. hawaii is one of the most cucked states for weapons so i wouldn't be surprised if they executed you for having a bb gun, let alone a real gun.

use snares like >>986966 suggested
>>
Black Ops Gas Piston Pellet Rifle, for under 200 bucks you'll be able to humanely kill small game... Even larger game if you're an expert marksman.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.