[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Powerbank general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: pwrbnk.jpg (65KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pwrbnk.jpg
65KB, 1000x1000px
what is an /out/ approved power-bank? I'm on a tight budget and looking for something that won't set me back 50 bucks.

What do you guys use?
>>
I got a little power pack out of a case of beer. Enough to fully charge my phone once.
>>
>>986681
Thanks for your contribution
>>
>>986681
the company i worked for handed those small ones out too. They are good for one solid lode.
I use my phone to navigate, and it needs to be charged every 1.5 days in flight mode.

was thinking more along the line of 20k mAh.
>>
I have the one from the photo. Got it from Amazon Warehouse, was maybe $38 or so? I think you can get them from aliexpress for about that as well. Works well, I've not gotten it wet or taken it /out/ but it holds a pretty fucking good charge and the reviews seem good.
>>
>>986673
I have been looking at a good power bank option for myself and have been drawn toward the models that are combined with a flashlight or lantern. Just seems to make sense. That's my two cents.
>>
>>986673
>What do you guys use?
Nothing that requires power
>>
I have a kmashi power bank off amazon. They're really cheap, under $15, and I've never had a problem with mine. It's not waterproof or anything, but I just keep it in my pack and it's never gotten wet.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P7N0320/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A294P4X9EWVXLJ

the larger version is good too if you are thru hiking and use like your camera/phone/tablet/whatever else and need multiple charges or want to skip towns but this one is perfect for maybe 3 phone charges and its way smaller/lighter. If all you have is a phone its pretty much perfect EDC. Pair it with quickcharge wall plug and you can be in an out of towns in a couple hrs with all your batteries fully charged
>>
>>986684
>20k
>mAh
Why not just say "20Ah" and dispense with the redundancies?
>>
>>986673
What's a power bank? Do your topo quads need elektricdy?
>>
>>986770
was for
>>986683
not
>>986684

Sorry about that. By way of recompense, have a link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016HNALOI I realize you don't want to break the bank, but you get what you pay for, and Anker is the only brand I trust when /out/.
>>
>>986673

Buy a diy 18650 power bank where you supply your own cells. Then fill it with ncr18650gas. Some power banks of this type accept up to 6 cells. With that cell type, 3.5ah per cell you are looking at a fuckton of energy.

Alternatively if you are an actual babby who needs a prebuilt, buy Anker.
>>
>>986778

High five Ankerbro. Like Sawyer, it is one of my trusted /out/ brands.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-07-10-45-09.png (303KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-07-10-45-09.png
303KB, 1080x1920px
Got this gem recently when I was needing to replace my old /broken bank.

Charges my phone 4 full times. Quick charging too.

I just used it on a 4 day hiking trip to keep my phone, and head lamp charged.
>>
is there one where you can use a hand crank to charge it?
>>
>>986828
You can modify a power drill and charge from that.
http://www.electronicproducts.com/Power_Products/Batteries_and_Fuel_Cells/Charge_Your_Cell_Phone_with_a_Cordless_Drill.aspx

>>986789
High five, Sawyerbro. I've got a pair of minis, one for myself and one for the missus. Good stuff.
>>
>>986843
i set out to find hand crank power packs on youtube and look what i found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5pZ7uR6v8c
next time a primitive tech thread pops up i'm gonna post this shit. a single man could build stonehendge with patience and thinking and the use of levers.
>>
>>986703
well some people like to have phones in case of emergencies or for pictures or hell even games/music for when they lay down to sleep.

dont be "that guy". we do this stuff for fun, if they wanna bring their phone, more power to them.
>>
>>986703

A phone has GPS, a flashlight, offline maps, and the ability to call for help if shit goes wrong.

I would GENERALLY agree with you, with the sole exception of a modern smartphone. It is just too all around useful, and if you only have the one thing to keep charged, carrying enough power to do that for long periods isn't difficult or burdensome.
>>
File: 71V7yso1CKL._SL1000_.jpg (168KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
71V7yso1CKL._SL1000_.jpg
168KB, 400x400px
>>987182
a few month ago I hated it when people bring their phones, notebooks, music players wateva into the woods. today I would do the same. because twitter is so powerful when it comes to early warnings (russian invasion etc. pp.)
>>
>>986673
If you have an Android just buy 2 or three spare batteries and a charger and don't browse Facebook the whole time.
>>
is there such thing as a solar power pack that'll charge a laptop?
>>
>>987299
in newer phones you can't just switch the batteries. the life expectancy of the battery is the same as the cycle the phones get replaced.
>>
>>987193
>GPS
Only works when you're in cell range, and even then it's based mostly off triangulation and some math. It's not real GPS.
>Flashlight
Use an actual flashlight, it's brighter and more rugged
>Offline maps
Use a regular map, the smartphone is gunna be useless outside of cell range because of the aforementioned GPS anyways
>Ability to call
Only real reason to bring one.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170411-163623.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170411-163623.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>986673
Dat 12ah pocket juice and hex 80i blie tooth speaker are my two best impulse buys. Sadly pocket juice is going to shit. Been a few years with heavy use. Gonna gut it and get new usb ports and build an 18650 cell pack

Need to find a good powered 4 port hub and build a big 12v pack. Need 12v for lights anyway.
>>
>>986673
Actually not trying to shill but i am making packs soon. If my house doesnt burn down i imagine i can build cheap packs custom. Getting a bunch of cells like the tesla. Panasonic 3.7v i think like 2.6-3.1ah depending on cell. My pocket juice is 12ah and will last all fucking day long. Svreen on bright and hardly any app managment. 4 or 5 cells would match that for under 15 bucks not counting the bms. Cant quite figure out what bms to use. Then find old cell phone chargers i guess or buy new.
>>
>>986782
Ima build a fucking suitcase
>>
>>986828
Could probably get a hand crank charger and plug it in
>>
>>987846
I can make it of not.
>>
>>987299
Android S6 and s7 sealed. U wat
>>
>>990253
You must have a shitty phone. Good ones have real GPS.
>>
>>987846
There are solar charged power banks but the they suck. It takes so long for them to get enough for even a full charge that it's almost not worth it.
>>
For sheer practicality, nothing is worth looking at except Anker unless you actually need something sealed against water and dust.

Lepow makes the best looking batteries. I don't have a recommendation for something sealed, but try to get something that uses Panasonic cells inside.
>>
>>990750
2nd panasonic. Elon musk uses them. Must be alrught.
>>
>>990253
I still use my Blackberry 8130 because it has a legitimate GPS in the device and BlackBerry maps tuned to trails.

I also carry 3 removable batteries on full charge that can last me 2 weeks
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.