[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to pack lighter for my overnight bushcraft/fishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: rush12.jpg (249KB, 541x700px) Image search: [Google]
rush12.jpg
249KB, 541x700px
I'm trying to pack lighter for my overnight bushcraft/fishing trips so I've bought myself a Rush 12. I don't want to go ultralight, just carry less unnecessary shite. How do I figure out what I do and don't need?
>>
What are you doing, where are you doing, what are your requirements?
>>
>>986385
Fishing and bushcraft overnighters. I've got the fishing bit down but I'm pretty sure I carry way to much stuff for a bushcraft overnighter. I'm in the north of Scotland. As long as I'm warm, dry and not trekking in a tenth of my body weight in equipment I'm happy
>>
>>986369
Practice.

Make a first draft of what you think you need and go out with it. You'll find what you would like to have and what you never use in pretty short order?l.
>>
Best thing could be lay all your usual shit out and decide what you put in there on the off chance or just incase.

Need a stove? or a flint & tinder, a few bits of old newspaper in a ziplock bag? buy multi tools as well, saves room and is typically lighter.

I go lure fishing for pike/perch in the UK and the way I cut stuff down is to try and limit the lures I take, the ones I know catch first and perhaps the odd one I want to use and get better at after.

Also a good one is to buy lightweight stuff, which sounds really basic but I keep falling into those traps because to me heavy = sturdy and reliable lol

Hope this helps I'm not an expert.
>>
>>986369
>How do I figure out what I do and don't need?
put a piece of masking tape on everything you pack. when you use something pull off the tape. anything that still has tape on it when you get home gets left behind next time.
>>
>>988321
Not OP but thanks for that tip, I'll use it.
>>
>>988331
sorry, but that tip was exclusively for the op of this thread. if you'd like to use it you must start your own thread and hope that i am gracious enough to suggest it to you.
>>
>>988321
That's a fantastic tip I'm for sure going to steal that tip, call the police if you lie they can't catch me, especially as I'll be travelling lighter than ever!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.