[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A pic from the north

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: img_2070.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
img_2070.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
I always run to the help of my grandma, up in Marie Pigg in the north of Sweden first floor always snows in in the winter. I shover her out and she makes me a good dinner :D, then i ask about grandpa and she goes silent.

Worst winter i have ever experienced was 5 meters of snow (20 feet of snow) then the cold set in, -50C.

Just this summer they found several german wwii and soviet wwii skeletons in the mountains.

Its not like its as cold as in siberia in north sweden its just the damn hurricane force winds blowing all the time in the winter.

Even in the summer many tourists die of exposure or getting frozen into waterfalls or trying to wade over -2C creeks. They go in, loose control of the body due to frezing limbs and then drown.

I am kind of believing in the midst of winter when it blows at its most and is as cold as it gets, only swedes can even survive outside. Cooling effect is like -100C to -150C and you cannot even stand because of the force of the wind. Still over the centuries people adapted and learned to live up here in frozen over hell :D.
>>
>>986300
>only swedes can even survive
lol
rofl
[spoiler]rip swedes tho srsly[/spoiler]
>>
File: 20150725_152753_001.jpg (821KB, 1024x760px) Image search: [Google]
20150725_152753_001.jpg
821KB, 1024x760px
>>986300
A pic from last summer. The hat of the lost one. This all that is left of a woman heading into the mountains in the midst of a hurricane wind.

Nothing was ever found of her but the snowcap she wore when she went out.

The force of the winds up here makes it very probable she blew over to Norway or even into the north atlantic.

Still we always kneel down at her hat and pay her all the respects (and a tear). Sooner or later though her hat will be lost so we have started to think about rising a stone monument to remember her by, Hjordis was lost, Hjordis will be remembered always.
>>
File: 20150725_143103_10001.jpg (563KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20150725_143103_10001.jpg
563KB, 1024x768px
The frozen lake, this pic is from the 25 july last year and this is the frozen lake or as it is called in the local tongue "the lake of throlls".

We believe when this lake thaws its the end of the world as we know it, all north will go on a killing spree in pure madness and grief killing everything until all is dead inkluding themselves.

Then life starts allover again ...
>>
File: 20150725_143647_10010.jpg (384KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20150725_143647_10010.jpg
384KB, 1024x768px
Thunderstorm over the mountain valleys, my ears was numb a day or two after that, luckily the thunder storm went into the valley to Norway but still i have never seen so many cuddled up crying tourists :D.

Actually i like to play tough but i was as scared as everybody else, a thunder storm coming into a mountain valley at high altitude is a really scary thing.
>>
>>986310
Swedes are bad ass, moran. They might have to turtle up in the mountains when their government totally cucks them, but they'll be back. They'll be back.
>>
>>986329
To be honest we like to think we are badass but still nomatter how crazy our beliefs are to others we are still just humans living in an inhumane climate.
>>
>>986338
To be honest i would like to visit Greenland, Iceland and Svalbard. Maybe even the Faroe islands and Ireland and Scotland.

Been a lot to Norway, Denmark and Finland. Even been thinking about visiting the Baltics.

I know it sounds silly but i like the north and the people up here. Speaking to a north feels so good, they are so nice people and try to help.
>>
>>986338
I'm an Angloanon and like to go /out/ in cold weather wearing shorts and stuff (I get told I'm a weirdo.

>Last summer I was hiking up some mountains in the south of Switzerland with a group and my guide was a Swede.
>It was of course warm at ground level but at 2500m it started to drop to freezing.
>Still wearing my shorts till we sleep.
>We stayed in some tents at that level and overnight there was a blizzard, it dropped down to -30C.
>The next day I decide its waay too cold to wear shorts.
>My swede instructor shrugs and just carries on wearing his.
>During the day we summited the mountain at 3000m and that point there was still a blizzard at -20C ish.
>Asking my Guide whether he was bothered by the change of weather he said: "This is typical warm Swedish weather".

Since then I have wanted to visit Sweden cos you ppl seem hard af. I also refuse to wear trousers just to try and build up my cold resistance.
>>
>>986312
>brb guys just catching the 10:15 westbound wind to Norway

Is this thread real life?
>>
File: IMG_4951.webm (3MB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4951.webm
3MB, 740x416px
When it gets in the negative temperatures and is windy where live I go innnawoods. It almost looks like smoke but it's blowing snow off the trees.
>>
bunch of stone age astronauts
>>
When did Jaden Smith start coming to this board?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.