[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Road trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: open road.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
open road.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
We are planning a road trip from seattle to washington DC, we have about 20 days, any suggestions on what to see/do and what to bring and how much money will i need for food we will be camping most of the time
>>
Bumping this thread, it seems like a cool trip

I would recommend bringing plenty of music, it's gonna be a long ride
>>
a) when?
b) round trip, or one way?
c) buy an "america the beautiful" pass
>>
>>985917
I drove from DC to Seattle in 3 days

ama
>>
>>986721
>grind out 3000 miles in 3 days
>having anything informative to add to a 3 week sightseeing trip
pick 1
>>
>>985917

What do you want to see? What route do you want to take? How many people are going? What type of vehicle are you driving? What's your budget?
>>
OK buddy, you need to take Highway 101 south from Seattle all the way down through Northern California. It will take you a long possibly the most beautiful leg of your trip, dropping you in the redwood rainforests of Southern Oregon and Northern California. You can from their head down through New Mexico and Nevada and Arizona and see all of that beautiful desert, yeah yeah yeah. The redwoods. Hit up Trees Of Mystery inland from Crescent City, although the best tree there got struck by lightning and is now sadly gone. 'Family tree' it was called.
>>
>>985946
Audiobooks or podcasts too
>>
File: i-M6mQgt6-XL.jpg (89KB, 432x767px) Image search: [Google]
i-M6mQgt6-XL.jpg
89KB, 432x767px
>>987025
>Audiobooks
>podcasts
this
music gets old real quick

Your local library probably has a section for books on tape. Bring a laptop, grab a couple of those that look interesting off the shelf, rip 'em to MP3 in a quiet corner of the library, put the CD wallets back on the shelf.

Get a library card (also free), some libraries will pick books you choose and bundle them up... swing by on your way home from work/school, rip them at your pleasure.
>>
>>987033
>The Dollop

My mothafuckin' nigga(ry)
>>
>>987033

You'll also be in areas of the country where all you get is crazyjesus radio.

It's entertaining for about 15 minutes.

Coming from the northeast i dont know how the rest of you fuckers deal with that shit
>>
>>985917
Swing by the black hills in South Dakota, you can climb Harney peak in about 4 hours and see mount Rushmore. theres a few great caves you can go take a tour of, i'd suggest Jewel cave out near Custer. If your into micro breweries too there are a few in Rapid City that are decent.
>>
>>987097
>>987033
Sirius XM is GOAT for long trips. I just like to do sports radio when driving by myself. If you have passengers you can always talk to them and jam to music. But the sports radio or funny podcasts are good for when they are passed out.

Comedy Bang! Bang! podcasts are pretty good. Find one with James Adomian or Paul F Tompkins as a guest and you won't stop laughing.
>>
>>987101
>Black Hills
Nice.

>Mount Rushmore
God awful tourist-trap. Spend 15 seconds looking at a picture to get an equivalent experience. No, you can't fight on top of it like in North by Northwest.

If you want to be in that part of the country, you could also visit northern MN and UP Michigan. Isle Royale and Voyaguers National Parks are pretty neat and they don't get the same crowds that a lot of other parks do.

Isle Royale may be a longer time commitment than you're looking for.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.