[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleeping in a car for a week?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: animal-gifs-dj-kit-n-kat1.gif (1MB, 306x272px) Image search: [Google]
animal-gifs-dj-kit-n-kat1.gif
1MB, 306x272px
So I'm flying to the Southwestern US next week for a big road trip. I'm currently debating whether I should 1) pack a tent and sleeping pad (and risk having oversized baggage) 2) Skip the tent and sleeping bag so I have space to pack other things like cooking supplies and just sleep out of my rental car.

Has anyone done this before? The car in question is a Nisan Versa, which looks like it would be... ok to sleep in.

Also, best places to see in Southern Utah besides Zion and Arches?
>>
I've slept in my car a few times. Catholic Church parking lots are my go to place. Usually Catholics aren't dicks. Never tried it at a protestent church. I have a coupe so I laid back in the passenger seat as far as I can in my sleeping bag. The only thing is that you kinda feel vunerable.
>>
>>985744
Pack an extra bag for versatility
What is it, $50?

Bryce is nice
>>
>>985782
walmart will let people do that too actually. Usually camper vans and RVs but if you're not making trouble I don't see why not. There are about 20% that don't allow it though. I'm guessing in really urban areas.

http://www.walmartlocator.com/no-park-walmarts/

for the OP, sleeping in the car sucks though unless you're really short or are driving something like a big SUV in which case it's actually quite comfy. You said you're in a versa so that will suck hard. Even after a single night in a corolla I feel like shit the next morning.

Secluded industrial areas are also usually pretty quiet at night. pick a really quiet little side street. Often passersby just assume its someone on the night shift's car. Parks will be patrolled and usually have specific open hours so cops check em late at night. One option is to just drive out of town until you find a roadside rest area and sleep there. No one is going to argue if you say you felt it was unsafe to drive because you were too tired.
>>
>>985744
Got a spare 30 bucks? I'll admit though, I usually sleep in the back seat of my 03 volvo s60 when I have to do a pm to am shift. The slight angle of the seat and the loss of space from the floorboard kind of sucks, so I'll be trying this out soon.

I also hang a blanket from the head rests on the front seats to the back seats to make a somewhat tent in my car. Great for covering the windows, blocking out light and getting some privacy.
>>
It's more like $35, which is both ways, so $70, which is like $100 CAD, which is more than my tent is even worth, so I'd rather not pay extra. I'm already spending enough on the flight and car rental as it is.

Good idea with hanging a sheet for privacy anon
>>
File: IMG_3415 - .jpg (3MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3415 - .jpg
3MB, 2816x2112px
>>985744
>>986388
My first question is how many nights? I've had to do this, its uncomfortable but doable for a few nights at least. More than 2-3 and I'd do the tent thing.

Hopefully the back seat in a Versa is big enough to lay down on because sleeping in the front seats is really uncomfortable -- its awkward as they don't recline enough and your feet are down.

Regarding baggage fees, well, you'll definitely need a blanket as nights can still get below freezing this time of year. Especially at elevation. You might be better off buying once you get to wherever you are going and then throwing away before you leave.

Pic is southern Utah.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.