[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REI dividends are in!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1098.jpg (60KB, 624x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1098.jpg
60KB, 624x460px
I got a little over $40. Already planning on buying a Sawyer Mini, what other neat item could I get for around $20? I might actually buy a food can come to think of it.

What are you guys gonna get?
>>
File: sleeping pad.png (85KB, 131x440px) Image search: [Google]
sleeping pad.png
85KB, 131x440px
dividend + 20 % off full priced item + 20% off clearance item got me a pair of kahtoola microspikes and a thermarest sleeping pad with an r-value of 4.9 for less than what the microspikes alone go for at retail. gonna need both those things at 12k feet in the sierra this june. fuckin snow.
>>
File: harmony-house-backpacking-kit.jpg (95KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
harmony-house-backpacking-kit.jpg
95KB, 500x395px
I'm pretty set on hard goods, so I'm gonna get a box of Harmony House food. With my coupon and my dividend it's gonna cost me like $5.
>>
brs3000t

cant get at rei tho, gotta get online
>>
I just moved to an area with a REI this past year, but I've got around $25 going toward next year. Does anyone have the REI mastercard? I'm 23 and figure it's about time to get a credit card. The $100 gift card is appealing but is it a good card?
>>
>>988175
This worth it/any good?
>>
>>988231
Dunno yet, first time trying it.
Gets pretty good reviews.
>>
>>988233
It seems so piratical but also something I could so on my own. I've been on the fence with this for a while.
>>
>>988207
Ye
>>
>>988207
do it

even if you only use it once you still steal that $100
>>
>>985837
Is that the trail pro? I got it, very warm. 10/10 would recommend.

I just used my dividend to upgrade to an insulated inflatable pad, the trail pro was just too thin, I'm a side sleeper and just could not get comfy, ergo could never get enough sleep.
>>
>>991131
i got a large women's trail lite. cheap and warmer than the men's version.
>>
Fuck REI.

I bought a hydroflask from them on sale and that shit broke in three months time. Contacted corporate and they told me to just go to my nearest REI store and just exchange it there to forgo the mailing-it-in costs. I planned a trip and the worker at the customer service didn't want to exchange it without having me pay the difference between the price I paid and the price listed as new. Needless to say I refused to pay more to exchange my defective one for a working unit.

I have never experienced anything like that. She was very condescending too. She said "what part of our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee do you not understand?". She obviously didn't understand that I did not want to pay more money to get a unit replaced. I have done many warranty claims/exchanges and not once did I have to pay a dime more.

I called corporate again and they apologized stating that what they did was wrong on their behalf and to contact the manager of the store to get something worked out. The representative again reassured me and stated that no money should be involved in the exchanging of a defective unit.

When I contacted the store via phone the worker apologized about what had happened stating that they have new workers and that they might have misunderstood their warranty/exchange policy. She said that the best way to contact the manager would be via email which she readily gave.

I wrote the manager the email informing him what had happened. After two weeks he finally emailed back and he defended his worker and stated that because I bought the bottle at a discounted price that I would still have to pay the difference to get a new one. He said for the inconvenience he is willing to give me 30% off on the next bottle. What a crock of horseshit.

Needless to say I am very disappointed on how shit went down. I got sold a defective unit and I have to pay extra to get a new working one.

Fuck REI once again
>>
>>991146
You're going to have to explain how you broke it before I choose sides on your story
>>
>>991146
>I bought the bottle at a discounted price
why was the price discounted?
>>
>>991214
I didnt use it for a week when it broke. It was left alone in my gear closet and when I finally used it for some hot cocoa I noticed that it was transferring heat to the outer body. Bottle was well taken care for and had not suffered any major drop. Just a small one about a month before it stopped working.

>>991219
It was either an end of year sale or winter sale. Honestly don't remember. I purchased it in November last year.
>>
>>991455
so they were clearancing out last year's model. that's why it was cheap, and that's why you needed to make up the difference.
>>
>>991482
That sucks. Really disappointed with the result of it. I'll just take it up with hydroflask then.
>>
>>991495
dollars to donuts the price ended in .73. that's their marker for closeout items.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.