[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bug repellers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170401_171540.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170401_171540.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
I spend many hours walking my dog, often in woodsy areas. I treat her with Frontline so I'm not worried about ticks on her, but I want to mosquitoes and shit off of me.

I was looking at ultrasonic bug repeller/repellent, but they all seem to have trash reviews. Is there one that actually works and ideally doesn't drive the dog insane?

Am I better off with just spraying myself with OFF every day?

Pic related, its my walking buddy.
>>
sonic bug repellent is scam tier, they don't work for shit

long, loose fitting clothing combined with either DEET or picaradin based bug spray but it's not perfect, you will still get bit just not as much
>>
>>985143
Birch tar my man. Been used for a long time to protect from the mosquitoe swarms in Siberia. I also hear lavender oil works too so maybe you should give that a go.
>>
>>985201
I was afraid you'd say that. Thanks for the reality check. I guess just bathing in DEET is my best bet.

>>985239
The better three-quarters has some lavender oil she uses for tea and shit. Can't hurt to try.

Thanks for the suggestions.
>>
>>985143
That thumbnail looked like you have a bear.
Also what >>985201 said.
>>
>>985143
The barrier method is the only way to go when skeeters get intense
It's hot, but it works
Also, if you are moving, they won't get you, so keep walking
When you stop, deploy your barriers
>>
>>985792
Googling 'barrier method' just gives me a bunch of garlic-based sprays. I'm guessing you meant something more along the lines of a mesh-type suit?
>>
Just get a deer spray, picaridian spray, or a newer oil based spray like Repel Lemon Eucalyptus spray. Recently a large publication, I think consumer reports, did a big bug spray trst, and many sprays failed or just didn't work. The only ones that dis, are the ones I listed. The Repel Lemon Eucalyptus spray tested really high. I've used it a d it doesn't smell bad either.
>>
>>986669
That's DEET spray, not deer spray. Sorry.
>>
>>986669
>>986670
Yeah I figured you meant Deet. I'll look for that stuff.

Happen to know if its dog-safe?
>>
So I heard mixing lavender and geranium rosa essential oils works well for repelling ticks and other bugs. Is it a meme or does it actually work? Anybody have any tried-and-tested natural repellents?
>>
>>988017
Forgot to say that I intend to use it both on me and my doggo companion
>>
How well does permethrin work? I have some (issued) uniforms impregnated with the stuff.
>>
>>988020
I would be careful with that, many essential oils are toxic to pets and a probably less effective than what is used for that purpose.
>>
>>988148
Will do some more research into animals and essential oils then.
Any other natural repellents though? Not really fond of applying too many chemical products on my skin or my doggo's
>>
>>985201
Yeah mang. Enough deet to melt an egle egg.
>>
>>988020
TerraShield by DoTerra oils. I use it on myself and my dog with no reaction. It's expensive, but it works and its natural.
https://doterra.com/US/en/p/terrashield-spray-oil
You can also email [email protected] and ask them specifically and then consult your vet before applying anything to your dog, natural or otherwise.
>>
>>985143
buy anything with
>DEET - anything between 20% and 50%. anything with more than 50% DEET doesnt work better than 50%
>oil of lemon eucalyptus
>picaridin
>IR3535
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.