[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the frick tree is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: cvAUixY.jpg (208KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
cvAUixY.jpg
208KB, 750x1334px
I have 9 of these native australian trees alongside my driveway that I need to cut down. Before I want to get quotes from businesses I want to be a bit more informed in the information I tell them. Is there anyone here that knows what type of tree this is? stands about 5 to 8 metres tall and is apparently a native australian tree. I've tried google image searching with a relevant picture but it won't work. Help is appreciated
>>
This is /out/ cut it down yourself fag
>>
>>984493
You're right. I am a fag. Maybe that's apart of my ploy to get a nice handsome lumberjack to my door.. but thanks for pointing out that bit of obviousness duh. I don't want to get my fingernails dirty. So back to the question.. do YOU know what tree this is or are you offering to come help sweety?
>>
Dont cut it down you fucking yobbo, why would you want to do that? Just trim them back. Go down to bunnings and buy some gear and just knock them back so its out of the way.

Its a Callistemon, probably Callistemon viminalis. common name is Bottlebrush.
>>
>>984495
Thank you very much sir. Unfortunately I have to get them cut down because they're damaging my neighbours driveway (cement) and fenceline. He's threatening further action if we don't take care of it.

Once again, I appreciate the help... even if being called a yobo!
>>
>>984496
we can help you kill your neighbour
>>
>>984496
Tell him to get fucked. Contact the coucil for a 5 minute phone call first. Dont cut them down if you dont have to, if you cant be bothered. They're a great resource for local birds and spring time aesthetics
>>
>>984497
Haha! he is an old arrogant sod. Very annoying.
>>984498
I've told him to get fucked already. He was trimming all the branches and dumping them all over my property. We have a lot of gardening and we couldn't keep up with how much he was also throwing over.

I love the trees, we have heaps on our property. It's a shame people like this make life hard. He's also trying to claim it damages his 4WD everytime he drives in and out the property so he has to cut it. It's a revolving circle.
>>
>>984499
Eh. Call the council. If its extending onto his property it should be up to him to cut them back to the fence line.
>>
>>984499
i don't think he can take much "further action" other than cutting the branches into his property and giving them back to you
those trees look beautiful, fuck that old pig and leave them standing, if you cut them then you'll have to watch his ugly face everyday instead of the trees
>>
>>984491
Its marijuana. Dont smoke it. Its deadl
>>
>>984491
Second the other anons, it's a bottlebrush variety.

Also contact your council first, but you don't need to do shit, your dick neighbour is blowing hot air because he can't do sweet fuck all about your trees.

But if you really want to, get a good pair of loppers and hit some of the most offending branches.
>>
Thanks all for the posts. I'll call the council and see what they say. If the council tells him to get fucked that's all i need.
>>
>>984516
Quick addendum:

If the branch hangs over his side of the fence, he's free to cut it down and remove it, but anything on your side of the fence is totally out of control. Worst case, he might get sneaky and dose it with herbicide or cut it when nobody's looking, but it'd have to be bad to resort to that.

If council gives you the okay keeping the trees, go for the high score and put water and groundcover plants near them to attract more birdlife. If you get lorikeets, wattlebirds and friarbirds in them, you're bound to make his fucking blood boil from the noise.
>>
>>984519
This is absoloute amaze.

I've sent an email off to the council to see their response. Meanwhile, does anyone recommend any specific trimmer/lopper for getting those high branches?
>>
>>984521

Any Bunnings jobbie should be fine (I've mostly used Fiskars) or a good saw if they're more than ~30mm thick. If you need to climb into the tree to get to them, consider getting an arborist if it's really sketchy.

I've climbed into a big bottlebrush before with a folding saw to prune it for solar panels, doable but hairy as shit.

Honestly, if it's more than a few inches thick, I'd save it for a chainsaw or arborist. or just prune all the little branches off it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.