[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is living in the west like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

What is living in the west like? I have been looking at Colorado, Arizona, Idaho, New Mexico and Montana.

I just graduated from college with a business degree and I have a web design service. I live in the midwest, but I would like to live near deserts or mountains for more /out/ stuff.

My mom lived in the west for 20 years and said the landscape gets old for a while, and that I should just stay in the midwest because there are more jobs here and the people are nicer. What're your opinions?
>>
>>984448
It sucks.
We're full.
>>
OP here

I have traveled and hiked around the west a bit. My favorite state was New Mexico, but I talked to a friend who lived there for a few years and he said it fucking sucked after a while. He said the jobs are shitty, too many mexicans, and not enough to do besides /out/. He worked in manual labor though.

I thought Boise ID looked pretty nice. Lotta young people, conservative, and close to the mountains.
>>
>>984448
>web design service
nojobs
try Seattle
>>
>>984454
Seattle kinda looks like a shit hole. Reminds me of Chicago, which is where I'm currently located.

What's the job market like in other places in the west?
>>
>>984452
New Mexico is too full already, Idaho seems like a good choice
>>
Imagine a place that LOOKS AWESOME but is actually conttolled as fuck by federal regulations and full of people with no morals what so fucking ever

Could've been God tier, but satanic californians and facist government ruined it.
>>
File: scipio.jpg (972KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scipio.jpg
972KB, 1920x1080px
>>984458
Utah is booming like crazy. Mormons are kinda ding dongs but the landscape is 11/10.
>>
>>984464
If you are into the BBC, Boise is great thanks to the 17 refugee centers and even if you aren't into cuckoldry you will be soon once you learn it's benefits. Great Somali population of doctors and scientists and also a booming community of Mexican intellectuals all of whom you can submit to. So much fun you won't ever feel the need to waste gas driving to the mountains. Shalom
>>
>>984448
>landscape gets old
And the midwest doesn't? Top fucking kek.
>people are nicer
*people pretend to be nicer. But are actually passive aggressive cunts.
>>
>>984448
Apart from being dry as everliving fuck in most of those areas, not so bad.
>>
>>984550
mormons arent so bad. Their faith is a cult, but in general they are nice, wholesome people. Would rather interact with mormons in pleasant Utah than deal with southern bible thumpers who are at a minimum >300lbs and a majority of are functionally illiterate. People shit on mormons but in my experience they are the most tolerant of non believes out of all the Abrahamic religions
>>
>>984553
I thought Idaho was far-right? Why are they taking refugees? Don't they have white supremacist communes in the mountains?
>>
>>984727
Would you rather have humidity?
>>
>>984778
Boise is to Idaho as Missoula is to Montana
>>
>>984741
I was metal detecting and I asked for permission at an old house, and the guy gave me and a couple buddies a two hour tour of the house and property and an hour long preach session that ended up at me being invited to the largest Morman gathering at a pagent in central New York. The house was actually one of the major events of the second wave of Mormonism to Utah and was the house where the Utah Morman patriarch was converted. Cool stuff but he didn't let me metal detect. He was nice.
>>
>>984448
>Montana
Literally no jobs. Unless you want to work for the government, or babysit Indians
>>
>>985078
>Literally no jobs
I'll do anything anon. Anything.
>>
>>985078
Yeah fuck that shit. I was reading that montana doesn't have jobs.

Why don't businesses invest in a location like Montana? Everybody wants to fucking live there.

What western states have jobs?
>>
>AZ
>It's hot
>But I have great gun rights so whatever
>>
>>985097
>What western states have jobs?
Arizona as far as tech goes. Lots of stuff has been slowly moving here since it's cheaper than commiefornia and especially San Fran. Intel and Paypal are both established here now. But rural AZ is a whole lot of nothing.
>>
>>984741
Every religion is a cult if you buy into it enough. Every Mormon I've ever met was a really nice person, and I live in Phoenix so I've met a fuckton of them. Hell, half my class at my dental school is Mormon.
>>
>>985097
Bozeman and Missoula both have burgeoning tech sectors. I mean obviously not on the scale of the Bay Area or Seattle, but compared to 20 or 30 years ago there's more opportunity to make a decent living.
>>
File: JUSTONE.jpg (33KB, 430x294px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTONE.jpg
33KB, 430x294px
>>984458
>like Chicago
Shut your whore mouth. But seriously...

I live in Seattle and go out every weekend. Even living in the city it's a pretty short drive. If you like mountains and want a tech job, it's the place to be. You don't have to live in the city proper, anyway. It gets plenty rural 35min from the city center, or less if you don't mind the Olympic peninsula.
>>
>>984512
Pretty much this. The West is truly God's country, but the people, at least in the Arizona area, fucking suck. Most people move to Arizona because it's cheap, and therefore they're cheap, or their health is fragile, and therefore they're fragile. So you get a bunch of cheap, weak people who only live here because it's NOT like other places, and since the culture is predicated on NOT being like other places, it ends up being a bunch of people doing nothing with nothing to live for.

Phoenix has always felt like a really big campout of 4 million people, who at any moment, could just get up and leave.
>>
>>985453
The people in both cities are just awful so OP shouldn't have a hard time transitioning.
>>
>>985453
Interesting. Obviously /out/ in Washington looks phenomenal. I'd like to get away from the types of creepy people that major cities attract though. I could probably tolerate Chicago if there were mountains in driving distance. Right now I have to drive an hour into Wisconsin to go hiking.

>>985507
I've heard this is the major criticism of the west. People move in and move out within 3 years, so the "culture" is pretty weird. Like the Midwest has long lines of families who have lived in the towns for like 110 years and stuff. I hear the west attracts people with no morals and with nothing to lose. I personally don't like most people I've met in the Midwest though, so I wouldn't mind living around shitty people for better /out/ options.

>>985360
I just looked up Missoula. Looks like they do have some tech jobs, but I bet the competition is tough because it's a college town.
>>
>>985829
Honestly bro, don't move to Arizona or the West in general. Buy a summer cabin/home here, for sure, but until the West has like 200 more years to develop a culture, all you're going to find is weird people without any real identity or purpose in life, and that's going to rub off on you eventually. And I mean it, seriously. For all the benefits the West has as far as /out/-related activities, it comes at the cost of quite literally everything else. Move to Chicago, or Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, or Victoria.
>>
>>985882
Coastcucks never fail to amuse me with their entirely unwarranted sense of superiority
>>
>>986088
I've lived in AZ since I was born, you retarded fuck.
>>
>>985882

It's probably because the most productive citizens in Arizona are the 2 million illegal immigrants
>>
>>985882
>Moving to the West for the people
Who gives a fuck, normalfag? It's all about the guns and land. People universally suck everywhere on Earth.
>>
>>985882
Yeah I gotta say many of the people you meet in the midwest are ugly, retarded, and degenerate 80% of the time.

On top of that, there is pollution, bad /out/ access (besides UP Michigan and northern Wisconsin), a weird economy, freezing winter 9 months of the year, and generally bland landscapes.

I don't completely hate it or anything. But the way that people describe the issues with living in the west really doesn't sound that bad.
>>
>>986169
Then fucking leave if it sucks so much you loser
>>
>>986913
I am getting the fuck out of here you double nigger. May 22nd and I'm gone.
>>
Midwesterner hear. Lived out West for a bit and want to return.

Denver has tech jobs. It's getting expensive and crowded but you can still get OK deals if you look hard. Rocky Mountains are amazing.

Las Vegas is trying to get a tech scene going, with a little bit of success. Obviously the city has a shady side to it, but it's close to amazing desert nature, is cheap, and has top notch food and drink thanks to all the money that pours in from tourists. And there are very nice neighborhoods. Hot as Hades in the summer, though.
>>
>>984448
New Mexico is a shithole.
>>
>>984778
>Don't they have white supremacist communes in the mountains?
pls develop, I saw someone claiming that on /out/ before.
>>
>>987095
I've seen a lot of information on it. They have the highest amount of "hate groups" in the country or something. Google it

Kinda sounds fun desu
>>
File: retards.jpg (184KB, 1296x864px) Image search: [Google]
retards.jpg
184KB, 1296x864px
>>987120
I actually went and look it for a couple minutes and damn dude am I cringing.
These people are legitimately retarded and a disgrace to whatever cause they support.

And I don't say it because muh racism, they're probably too stupid to understand any concept of racial identity. They also all seem to be huge crack heads.

>tfw this are the cunts that most people see as a prototype right wing person.
>>
File: retards 2.0.jpg (392KB, 1920x830px) Image search: [Google]
retards 2.0.jpg
392KB, 1920x830px
>>987133
>>
>>987133
>m-master race
>all of them are ugly as sin
Top jej
>>
>>987133
>>987134
>>987147
Yeah you just gotta start your own white commune in Idaho and only let in 10/10 alphas
>>
>>987147
>ugly as sin
Of course they aren't anywhere near to the aryan posterboy bur It's not even about that, they simply look like trash low life pos. I have my doubts than every people on those pics can even read.
>>
>rural az

Fuck off, full as fuck.
>>
Lived all around the US and I just want to say no one is actually all that more lose morally so much as they don't hide their aggression as well. In Arizona now and it's alright. Phoenix seems kind of soulless compared to say Flagstaff or Tucson though.
>>
>>987120
Not sure how it is there, but when the Klan ran my county litterally everything and everyone was better off. Even the nigs. Standard of living has sharply declined since.
>>
File: 1490501891992.jpg (76KB, 500x704px) Image search: [Google]
1490501891992.jpg
76KB, 500x704px
>>987158
>doubts than every people on those pics can even read.
>>
>>987186
Southern Hospitality and Midwestern family values are a meme
>>
File: greatgallery.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
greatgallery.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>985121
Arizona Mormons aren't like Utah Mormons. You have casual Mormons. We have Mormons with a taste of power and Mormons who run the entire state. It's different up here.
>>
>>984448
We're full. Try Michigan.
>>
>>985829
Avoiding creepy people in Washington is like avoiding flies at a garbage dump.
>>
In college for IT right now I want a comfy state. How is Coeur d'Alene? End goal would be buying some land but obviously I'd need to be in a more urbanized area for work and shit. Any suggestions.
>>
>>984450
truth
>>
File: US_population_map.png (454KB, 992x793px) Image search: [Google]
US_population_map.png
454KB, 992x793px
>we're full

The fuck you are. The rest of the country is going to continue pouring in because we're actually full.
>>
>>993355
There are 2 (((hate groups))) there fwiw. 1 hall of cost denial the other , general hate
>>
>>994830
That map lies. We're already overpopulated.
>>
>>988651
yo is that the maze
>>
>>987044
where to?
>>
>>984553
Anon is right. I live in Boise Idaho right next to a low-rent rapefugee village and I had my car and my truck rummaged through over night. A few years earlier it had happened again and they also stole my bike.

Aside from that though, we have a BOOMING population of old cat ladies and (Asian) Indians. I like the fact we have new buildings going up downtown though! Big beautiful mountains surrounding a beautiful downtown area. Real cozy aside from all the fat pigs, cat ladies, brain-dead Muslims, and blacks. Plenty of beautiful women, some of them are cool.
>>
>>985078
>or babysit Indians
ok but my fee is $500/h and I get 2 Popsicles from the fridge.
>>
>>984452
Too many Mexicans in New Mexico didn't see that coming.
>>
>>984448
following my girlfriends move to montana. it's beautiful there. you'd love it. 20 minutes to the mountains. never moving back to florida.
>>
>>994830
ill level with you

those green areas are not exactly easy living. No jobs unless you have the capital to start a farm or ranch

no we're not full, but there's a good reason for that. The cities are getting fuckspensive to live in as well
>>
>>995469
>Boise, Idaho
>muslims

really? when and why?
>>
File: 20170403_183229.jpg (639KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170403_183229.jpg
639KB, 1600x1200px
Bunch of wordy slack-jawed faggots itt.
>>
File: 20170312_130649.jpg (760KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170312_130649.jpg
760KB, 1600x1200px
>>996036
Feelings? Fucking good, man.
>>
File: 20170401_071828.jpg (724KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170401_071828.jpg
724KB, 1600x1200px
>>996039
>my yard has bunnies
Anymore feelings and I'll need a Tampax!
>>
File: 20161203_121704.jpg (2MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161203_121704.jpg
2MB, 2560x1536px
>>996043
Great, now my vaggie's leaking googoo.
>>
>>996034
Because kebab religion is the one with biggest growing in the world and it's cool to import them into the country.
>>
File: 20161203_121502.jpg (2MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161203_121502.jpg
2MB, 2560x1536px
>>996054
Specified.
>>
>>996054
I didn't know America was even bringing in Syrians, let alone Boise fucking Idaho lol
>>
>>996060
It's probably some retarded Christian organization doing the middlemen job.
But yeah why would you ruin another place instead of just putting them near their pars in some shit hole like San Fran or Chicago
>>
>>996128

>why would you ruin another place instead of just putting them near their pars in some shit hole like San Fran or Chicago

You have to ruin the nice places or people will notice that white cities are not hellholes like brown ones.
>>
>>984841
Sadly, yes
>>
Anybody know why Cheyenne, Wyoming has so many blacks?

Drove through, saw more blacks than whites.

Was pretty confused.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.