[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S/out/h

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2291.png (32KB, 572x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2291.png
32KB, 572x371px
Live in TX but wanna explore elsewhere in the southern region. Any recommendations?
>>
If you enjoy forests, the Ouachita National Forest isn't too far from Texas, and just an hour from there is the Buffalo Wilderness Area. Both great places to go /out/ in my opinion
>>
File: DSC_3874.jpg (151KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3874.jpg
151KB, 1024x684px
Me, too. I've lived and traveled almost exclusively west of the Rockies, so the gulf coast in particular was really interesting. Just taking a walk through a park somewhere near New Orleans was full of new stuff. You've got wild anoles! And vines of all descriptions, and leafcutter ants, and giant fucking orb weavers. It's all so differenty.

I'd very much like more of that, but it seems like to get really properly off the beaten path you need a boat or something. And there are people everywhere, and not a ton of public land.

Where's a guy to go?
>>
>>984319
You basically described south florida. Plus pythons and gators and iguanas everywhere.
Florida has tons to offer in terms of unqiue species but I have always been a fan of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
>>
>>984269
This.. I regularly hike on the eagle Rock loop in the ouchitau forest, also I'll be up there car camping and fishing on shady lake week after next. Awesome area all around.
>>
>>984229
Ozark mountains look pretty sweet, everglades, and longleaf pine forests of Florida.
>>
File: IMAG1001.jpg (4MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1001.jpg
4MB, 2688x1520px
>>984366
Picture from last year on the eagle Rock loop
>>
>>984319
Fun fact: biologists in Puerto Rico have documented evolution in anoles over spans of 30 years to adapt to the urban environment that has taken over the island. Most species even small changes taken hundreds of years.
>>
>>984269
When's the best time to go you think?
>>
>>984371
Thinking of hitting up the ozarks come fall
>>
>>984642
Either April into May or Mid-October. Anytime is a great time to go, but those two times are the most beautiful and are just the right temp before the extremes that Arkansas can get
>>
>>984372
This
>>984661
Do it! Lots to enjoy in the Ozarks. Like I said in my post, Buffalo River or the Ouachita Forest if you're going to be in Arkansas. There's a lot of nice areas in lower Missouri, too, but I haven't been there yet. I'll post here when I do!
>>
>>984573
Guarantee anoles arent the only species adjusting quickly to urban sprawl in the topics
>>
>>984882
Green iguanas aren't doing so bad either.
>>
>>985306

It must be really easy being green.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.