[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/doors wear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: fe899d23745440558f26e73e9dc72045.jpg (641KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
fe899d23745440558f26e73e9dc72045.jpg
641KB, 1024x681px
If any of you were to design an outdoor clothing range for yourself, what would you think to be the most important points to remember when designing. What are you essential items and essential elements within those items. Am a young clothing designer who wants to start making clothing that'd be good for going /out/ in.
>>
Lots of pockets(can't have too many)
Sturdy, no tight fit just a bit baggy.
As for looks I like earth like colours, hazel brown and olive green I like.
Keep it comfy though, I have pants with lots of pockets but with zippers in awkward spots where they sting in your legs when kneel down.
>>
Manufactured here in the States, in my case (or wherever you're from) with excellent quality control and customer service.
Durable as shit. Heavy tech fabrics, quality metal hardware, designed from the bottom up to be serviced and repaired.
Classic, low-profile appearance. No flashy colors or branding.
Anything more would be activity-specific: for hiking, keep in mind the way pieces will layer and handle moisture, temperature, etc...
I wear a merino base, a beautiful heavy wool sweater and a technical shell. Most folks would probably prefer some kind of fleece/down mid. If you design shell layers, spend extra time perfecting the underarms for ventilation and mobility. Got any sketches you can share?
>>
Materials may be the most important factor.

Warm insulating layers for winter.

Moisture wicking breathable fabrics for summer.

No fabric that absorbs and holds water (other than wool).

Function over style, but if you want to sell clothes, they have to look good as well. Some spregs will buy new clothing that looks milsurp, but 99% of the population wants style with their clothing.
>>
A goth ninja style water repellent poncho that fits into a pocket and doesn't fucking deafen me with rustling would be great. I don't care if it doesn't breathe. Easy to fold easy to unfold easy to wear, rain? Wind? Hail? Surprise snow in the mountains? Just break out the poncho and give 0 fucks.
>>
Be very specific about what the clothes are for. I've seen so many otherwise semi-skilled people buy the wrong clothes for the activity that they had in mind. I made some mistakes myself over the years too. So IMO be clear about what your clothes are designed to be good for and include a simple no-bullshit description on that peice of clothing so that also the rookies will know.
>>
>>984009
Not OP, but can I trouble you for an example?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.