[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some /out/ places I can visit in beautiful British Columbia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

What are some /out/ places I can visit in beautiful British Columbia?
>>
>>983351
Most of it, really.

The West Coast Trail is one of the nicest hikes in the world, if you get good weather
>>
>>983351
where abouts? smithers has a bunch of nice hiking in the hazeltons and babine provincial park.
>>
>>983388
The West Coast Trail is a meme trail. It's overcrowded with tourists and people who know shit all about camping.

Instead consider:

The North Coast Trail
The Juan de Fuca Trail
The Sunshine Coast Trail

Also all the Crown Land imaginable on which you may do what you please.
>>
>>983351
Friends and I will be doing the Cape Scott trail for a week in the summer. I have read up on the North Coast Trail (Cape Scott would be a part of it I think) and we're not experienced enough to attempt it. Someday I guess
>>
>>983351
literally everywhere
>>
>>983351
Jasper's pretty nice
>>
>>983659
That's Alberta m8
But yeah it is nice there, saw an elk here casually walking over the train rails there.
>>
File: me at nct.jpg (325KB, 1257x1233px) Image search: [Google]
me at nct.jpg
325KB, 1257x1233px
>>983629
Mostly this. But despite everything he's said the WCT is great and you'll be having bone dry campfires with QT's every single night. NCT is miserable rain and probably not worth it, even if you'll be mostly on your lonesome. ALSO Fuck the jacked-up ferry expenses, the front desk lady is a bitch

Alberni inlet trail is a fun day-long one on the island. Varied terrain and a mountainous clime- although part three is a road to nowhere that you'll have to sneak into through a fishing community (supposedly off-limits). You can also walk the railway from Parksville to Alberni for a longer but legitimate trek. Nanaimo has a connecting railroad system too but they'll police it once you enter the city

>Am I out, /out/?
>>
>>983875
>those clothes
>that shit around your neck
>that shit draped over you pack
you're /out/, not out.
>>
File: mfw out.jpg (31KB, 232x476px) Image search: [Google]
mfw out.jpg
31KB, 232x476px
>>983878
water bottle, food pouch, goods pouch. I had ready access to everything I needed . That's my jacket on the pack. multicolour hiking ultalite gear's for faggots
>>
GF and I want to start /out/ing. I want caves, where do I go?
>>
>>984691
To a cave
>>
>>984691
Vancouver island has Horne Lake Caves, which are open to the public during the summer even if smaller. You can pay for the guides to take you deep inside as well. There's also caves upisland around port hardy that I've never visited
>>
>>985349
Sup Islander, where from?
>Horne Lake is crap mate
>>
>>984691
Horne Lake if your looking for somethong touristy. Personal fave is the upana caves, easy acsess, but far enough off the beaten path to keep tourists out. No nannying either.
>>
>>983632
cape scotts fun as hell, enjoy yourself, check out the devils bath and the fountain of youth well your up there, i mean your going all the way to hardy mind as well see a couple of the cool things cause the towns boring as hell.
>>
Islander here. heard the spine trail is finally almost done. there are some really cool managed trails that can only be accessed by boat or plane as well.
>>
>>985987
tfw we rushed through the tail end of cape scott because our guidebook said the landscape sights were "boring"

>>985370
thanks mate. But it's literally the only cave complex I've ever visited
>>
>>983902
What kinda boots are those?
>>
>>986823
military surplus
>>
>>983875
>i go /out/ to impress girls
>i don't liek rain :(
>>
>>987672
>dude, you mean you don't enjoy hiking for 6 out of 7 days in torrential rains?

for the money I paid, no. The NCT had it's moments but WCT was far better. As for your schizoid problems I'm laughing
>>
>>983388

This.

BC's Sunshine Coast has some really nice hikes. Just ask the locals where to go once you get across to Gibsons. Don't miss Molly's Reach while you're there. The ferry ride back is free.
>>
>>986776
How was the weather? Did you encounter bears and wolves alot? Want them for pictures but also concerned over safety
>>
surprised that garibaldi park isn't mentioned. huge fuck park with lots of trailheads. most trails are "crowded" till about the 10k mark then all the day hikers dissapear and its just you and the glaciers and trees. elven lakes trail to ronson pools is amazing hiking the last 3k's on soft pumice is a dream.
>>
>>987887
on the cape your almost gauranteed to see wolves. just dont approach and your good. exactly 0 wolf attacks in bc. though last year grizzly's were seen for the first time by port hardy
>>
>>988000
I didn't realize there were wolves up there, did some conservation organization reintroduce a bunch up there a few years ago? Never ran into any last time I was there
>>
>>987887
I'm the guy bitching about having done the NCT which included cape scott. We would hear wolves at night howling from time to time, but never saw any. Bears I didn't see whatsoever. If you carry bear spray and don't do stupid stuff for photo ops I am certain you'll be safe

like I said before, it rained 6 out of the 7 days pretty hard. But in the Cape scott region things were sunny so it might be nicer over there. I really wish I'd saved more time to look at the pioneer cabin structures in the early NCT trail system near where the ferry drops you off. The middle is mostly just mud, roots, and rope line inclines. The cape scott region had a lot of people around
>>
>>988111
I'm just hoping that there'll be clear skies at night (which will probably never happen). I want to try some astrophotography and just shoot regular photos during the day
>>
Im from the okanagan area and it should be a must visit. I recommend kamloops and revelstoke area
>>
>>988986
Anything real cool around Kamloops?
>>
>>991119
lots of trails and park. I know of a place called margaret falls and its quite nice! If you go a little out of the way and go to Enderby you can hike up Enderby Cliffs and it is a beautiful view!
>>
>>991119
these sites could help as well!
www.teresathetraveler.ca/
http://hikekamloops.ca/
>>
>>991119
There's Chase.
>>
>>991156
>>991140
>>991139
Thanks dudes, will definitely walk enderby cliffs eventually.
>>
>>991349
No problem! You will love it!
>>
File: purcells.jpg (460KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
purcells.jpg
460KB, 1024x682px
>>983351

The Purcells are pretty dope.
>>
Is April Vokey still taking on sports?
She's really nice and knows some awesome fishing spots. I met her once at a trade show and have to say, April is a down to earth genuine person with a love of angling.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.