[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got this reel and i cant figure out how to adjust the line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: reel.jpg (63KB, 747x747px) Image search: [Google]
reel.jpg
63KB, 747x747px
I got this reel and i cant figure out how to adjust the line tension, the silver thing by the handle is just a cap, can some1 help plz?
>>
>>983305
Use the star thingy (drag adjustment) behind the handle.
>>
the cast is messed up, i shouldnt have to adjust drag for every cast
>>
>>983305
Or if you're talking about spool tension, put that little cap back on, screw it all the way. Loosening in very slight increments will loosen the spool.
>>
>>983316
You just have to set spool tension to match the weight of the bait you are casting.
>>
that cap is just a cap it doesnt change anything, there is a little knob under it not sure how to turn it cant find my needle nose pliars
>>
i cant set the spool tension, i contacted okuma but they are in taiwan so goodluck to me there i guess
>>
>>983305
Sometimes the spool tensioners just look like caps so you tighten it up a little once you start feeling some resistance and then go from there.

You should be able to tell without even casting whether or not it's working. Press the spool release button deal and if they aren't engaged at all it should spin freely and it will be really noticeable as soon as it starts to grab.

>>983316
Does it have brakes too? If it's like the low profile memecasters, normally I adjust the spool tension with different lures and weights and brakes get adjusted with wind
>>
>>983322
i have taken the cap off completely, and tightened it all the way it made no change to tension
>>
>>983325
You probably lost the spring that was under the cap. Sometimes, if reels are sitting out at the store, people will loose the spring while checking out the reel. Sometimes people will purpusfully take the spring out to replace ones they've lost. This happens alot on the common Abu combos. Hope it's not keeping you from fishing. You could mcgyver a spring if you look at a parts diagram on the webs
>>
>>983316
It's not a reel made for casting. It's made for trolling. Its called a Line Counter. Digits indicate how much line has been let out so the user can control the depth of bait or to adjust the active depth of diving body baits like a ShadRap or a Hot-n-Tot
Don't try casting with it. You'll end up throwing it away out of frustration.
>>
>>983429
It still has a spool tension adjustment. I can cast mine about a third the distance of a spin cast with identical terminal tackle. I did backlash alot before I figured it out. But yeah, I generally just use it for dropping live/cut bait strait down in at least 80 feet of water.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.