[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Storm Chasing Season

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: vn-2.jpg (95KB, 650x426px) Image search: [Google]
vn-2.jpg
95KB, 650x426px
>Does /out do this?
I've been interested in storm chasing for a few years. I'd love to drive to North Dakota and all up and down the plains following storms. For a first try I think I'll aim for the area around the boarder of New Mexico and Texas (based in LA).

Trying to do this on the cheap.
>camp in pickup truck
>shower at truck stops
>plan ready to eat meals or cook on my Coleman stove.
>>
File: IMG_5627.jpg (95KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5627.jpg
95KB, 960x960px
>>983057
Go to Kansas m8. Pic related was taken last August when I was passing through.

It only takes about 6 hours to cross the entire state with plenty of places to stop and view the storms.
>>
>>983103
>Go to Kansas
I thought about that. Drive to Denver and take I70 across Kansas. The past few years I've watched some big storms form on the weather maps right on the Colorado/Kansas boarder.
>>
>>983057
Storm chasing... Haven't heard that phrase in years... BECAUSE EVERYONE THAT DOES IT HAS DIED. Seriously bro, "storm chasing?" How about changing the name to "come and get killed by some FRICKEN LIGHTNING?"
Are those who participate in "storm chasing" (AKA "come and get killed by some FRICKEN LIGHTNING?") known as Darwin Award winners? Or is that only after they are gifted with the joy of having their brains smashed open by a hailstone?
>>
>>983121
is this a pasta
>>
>>983121
>mfw
>>
>>983121
Are you trying to tell me this is not a accurate depiction?
>>
I would love to do this with a vehicle that can be bolted into clay and armoured.

The only downside is if you get hit by large objects being thrown around in the storm that could knock your vehicle out.
>>
>>983103
ayyyy i was watching that storm too

>>983117
you better be sure there's storms or your in for the most boring drive in the country next to going through Iowa
>>
>>983218
>you better be sure there's storms or your in for the most boring drive in the country next to going through Iowa
Yeah the sucky thing is I could have about 24 hours notice of good convection but it takes me about 17 hours to drive there. So it'll probably be hit or miss.
>>
>>983234
Yeah weather reports are shit too dont listen to them, you gotta know your stuff. From growing up in Kansas those dudes are right maybe 5% of the time, it would suck to drive 17 hours to just get rained on a little.
>>
>>983218
>I almost met a fellow /out/ist on some shitty interstate outside of bumbfuck Kansas watching the same storm I was fascinated by 1300 miles from home

I should've never left the basement.
>>
>>983271
Ruff
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.