[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jacket thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: paramo-alta-jacket-34.jpg (395KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
paramo-alta-jacket-34.jpg
395KB, 2000x1333px
What is your outdoor jacket? Recommendations?

Pic related. Really want but too poor:
http://www.paramo-clothing.com/en-in/explore-range/product/?pk=7E4E57C9-1B9D-4E57-A523-45E45CA56D38
>>
File: ythjudfuijytrhdcy.jpg (184KB, 963x963px) Image search: [Google]
ythjudfuijytrhdcy.jpg
184KB, 963x963px
>all purpose
Patagonia Nanopuff jacket. I've worn it under my ski gear and used it on colder spring to fall days comfortably. Primaloft is awesome.
>rain jacket
BD Liquid Point shell, traffic cone orange. I had a marmot precip but it wetted out too fast even with techwash.
>>
>Fjällräven Keb
>Arc'teryx hardshell - I forget which
>Barbour Gamefair

Covers me for most /out/ situations.
>>
File: $_58.jpg (125KB, 1440x622px) Image search: [Google]
$_58.jpg
125KB, 1440x622px
I use a Frogg Toggs for three-season wet/windy, with a whole complement of underlayers to choose from.

I use a Walls (generic Carhartt) work jacket for the really cold. Is nice.
>>
File: Picture 15.png (478KB, 501x614px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 15.png
478KB, 501x614px
I'm a big fan of windproof smocks. I think they're worth considering for how versatile they are, but don't expect comfort and utmost performance in all situations; they're always good but never best. I generally try to manage how wet and cold I get rather than try to prevent it outright, I don't blieve you can completely prevent it, so I just have a separate lightweight gortex shell only for really wet weather.

The one I have is plain ripstop polycotton treated with water repellent stuff that does a pretty good job, I wax the shoulders the chest and the upper arms sometimes for the winter. It will shrug off short showers and I find it does well against prolonged drizzle for quite a while but will eventually start to get sodden and allow layers underneath to become damp. But it's good at cutting out wind and being breathable, it's also not very warm since I like a hard wearing outer shell and rely on other layers for warmth. It's light enough that you can open all the zips and cuffs up and wear it in summer, although you will sweat more than if you were in just a shirt, to keep the sun off you.

Primarily though it's best for its abrasion resistance, resistance to tearing or snagging and for stopping the wind. I don't stuff the pockets but if you're the kind of guy who likes to carry a lot of stuff on you then it's great for that. And since it's just regular ripstop it can be easily repaired and be as good as new, you don't have to worry about water-proofing qualities or a membrane.
>>
Are there any decent quality jackets out there below $200?

I'm going to Japan during the peak of summer, so it's going to be filthy hot and humid, but probably rainy too. I want to go up Mt. Fuji, but it's going to get quite cold up there. So I was hoping to find something lightweight, rainproof, and complementary with some warm layers when it gets cold. Does such a thing exist?
>>
>>982835
Inner: $10 hoodie from thrift store
Outer: $200 Carhart with hood
>>
>>982921
Windbreaker plus a sweater or two.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.