[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clothing for hunting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Real Faggotree.jpg (183KB, 970x540px) Image search: [Google]
Real Faggotree.jpg
183KB, 970x540px
I know for hunting you have to find clothing that doesn't make a bunch of noise and a camo pattern similar to the environment, but is there anything else I should know about?
>>
File: 08-2936000000_1.png (872KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
08-2936000000_1.png
872KB, 1000x1000px
>>980822
Depends on the hunting, how much you need to move around. I wear swiss alpenflage in the winter because of all the pockets, its warmth, and the camo does a great job blending in everywhere, even snow
>>
>>980822
Alot of fags thinqk the camo has to match exactly, but the more you roll around in dirt and leaves, the more stains you get and the more it looks right. Well worn acu blends in to whatever because of all the white squares that stain.

In my opinion it is better to do your stalking before hunting season and set uwp a stand or blind where you predict the game will go. If you do that you can wear blue jeans and a tshirt if you want.
>>
File: 1462778873046.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462778873046.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>980822
Wool camo clothing is the best of the best of the best in comfort, noise reduction, and warmth.
>>
>>980822
Depends on what you're hunting.

Camo only matters when you're hunting predators, turkeys, waterfowl or something that sees in color with sharp eyesight.

If you're talking big game I'd worry more about scent. I don't mean spraying deer piss all over yourself, I mean being mindful of the wind.
>>
I started with Kuiu for their rain gear and now going all the way with their base layers and mid layers. My hunts involve a lot of hiking in shitty terrain and shitty weather. Kuiu's gear is light and breathable af if you're doing some intense shit and can afford higher end gear.
>>
Don't use Tide or other high-end "brightening" detergents. Wash your clothes at least once in just plain water. The "brightening" factor comes from adding adherents that reflect UV, which will make you glow like a light bulb to turkey and deer. For deer or other animals with a sense of smell, detergents are an obvious no-no as well.
>>
Also, check into the HECS suit. I have no idea why it works, and if I worked for their company, I'd damn sure figure out a better way of marketing the science behind it. But it fucking works like you wouldn't believe.

I first saw it on a Youtuber's video, Florida Bullfrog. He wasn't marketing it, just noting some things he observed about it. I've since bought one and had the weirdest things happen. Deer walking within a few feet of me when I was kicked back in camp, dove landing beside me. Closest I've ever felt to invisible. No, I don't give a shit if you buy one or not, but if you know someone who owns one, talk to them or borrow it. It's just weird how well it works.
>>
It's quite similar to hiking, really. Base layers for wicking/comfort, lightweight packable fleece, and a packable rain layer that isn't noisy. Some people prefer wool, but I find it heavy, uncomfortable, more prone to ripping, and more work to launder compared to fleece.

Are you stalking properly or just sitting in a blind? What are you intending to hunt, and what with? Where do you live/what is your climate?
>>
If any of you were to design an outdoor clothing range for yourself, what would you think to be the most important points to remember when designing. What are you essential items and essential elements within those items. Am a young clothing designer who wants to start making clothing that'd be good for going /out/ in.
>>
>>980822
Hunting clothed is a sin against the Goddess! Real men hunt butt-naked and only armed with a sharp rock!
>>
>>980965
This anon gets it. Try to put a hole in it from abrasion, wool wears like a cast iron bitch. You'll be able to pass quality wool clothing on to your son; most of my stuff is around 30 years old.
>>
>>980846
why are mountain kikes so good at everything?
>>
>>982430
>Fit, first and foremost.
It seems like clothing designers nowadays inly make skinny tall fitfag athletic cuts (marmot, fjallraven, silicon valley "out gear") and heavy and baggy rughed cuts (hunting clothes, Cabelas, Duluth, etc.) It seems to me that clothing made before 1990s fits my body way better, a solid middle ground that feels and looks good. Old school Pendelton and Woolrich are my favorites. Corner this middle ground, and you could sieze a sizable market share.
>Quality
shit always be ripping on these shitty imported clothes. Seams always blowing out, stitching fails, knees run thin. If I get a hole in my older clothes, I fix them because I know that something else isn't going to fail next week, and it's easier to repair natural fabrics.
>>
>>982477
Their surplus is top notch because of the small size of their military and extreme national wealth. I mean, I know everybody gets conscripted, but there can't be that many people in the Land of the Mountain Jew.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.