[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ctrl+f = no multitool thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 18

File: P_20170329_155909[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170329_155909[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
lets talk a bit about multitools . i wanna acquire one , and i am not sure which one i should buy . in general . do /out/ use multitool ? or is it just a piece of trash ?
>btw does multitool in pic is good and the pricetag is fair ?
>>
>>980615
That's an insane price for a wingman.

Here in Canada they're $45CAD.

If you are spending that much, just get a Wave, much more versatile.
>>
>simultaneous multitool shill threads on /diy/ and /out/
Seems pretty shady if you ask me.
>>
>>980667
Nah, multitool shills are common on both boards. Plus the /diy/ thread's OP has different sentence structure, not to mention it was made 6 days before the /out/ thread.

I doubt they're related, but I appreciate your shitpost detector.
>>
File: qurak.png (175KB, 470x333px) Image search: [Google]
qurak.png
175KB, 470x333px
>>980806
>>980667
i see what you guys did there . but no . i just posted on /out/ , wasnt even on /diy/ ever .
so i browse ebay now , and i found wave for about 95 eurobucks . what do ? should buy ? or look elsewhere
>>
>>980840
That's almost double what it is in US, unless the exchange rate went to hell. You should be able to get a Charge Ti for that.
>>
File: wut.png (375KB, 763x960px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
375KB, 763x960px
>>980866
>charge TTI
140-160 eurobucks on ebay ...
can someone source me good and reliable shop where i can purchase common wingman ? for a reliable price ofc
>>
>>981043

You should be able to buy most multitools on Amazon for a fair price, unless you're in some country they don't service.
>>
>>980615
Skeletool if anything.
>>
>>980667
It's not shill, although I was the one creating the multitool thread on /diy/ and I have /out/ as my main board I wasn't the opie in this thread.
>>
File: 20170330_225215.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170330_225215.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
Can't find my victorinox huntsman but that is an exelant choice too
>>
>>980866
>That's almost double what it is in US
>89 american pesos on amazon.com
>89 euro fake money on amazon.es/pacos
seems like you might be ten years later or something, anon
>>
File: JS69400272.jpg (54KB, 615x439px) Image search: [Google]
JS69400272.jpg
54KB, 615x439px
>>981080
Bin that knife, bong
>>
File: muh knives.jpg (1MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
muh knives.jpg
1MB, 1500x1125px
>>981083
which of them should i bin?
also im not a bong at all
>>
I like the Sidekick for the belt clip and spring loaded pliers. It's a little heavy but not so much that I care to replace it.
>>
File: fresk.jpg (49KB, 425x319px) Image search: [Google]
fresk.jpg
49KB, 425x319px
>>981083
lol what the... something like this exist ?
>masjid
why im not suprised . muslims removing way to defend from brits .... top fucking kek
>>981087
>i give you a tip which
NONE . what are you ? casual ? to throw a knife away ?
>>981073
welp . i was faster than you m8
>>
File: 444663099_edf5b56820_b.jpg (357KB, 1024x772px) Image search: [Google]
444663099_edf5b56820_b.jpg
357KB, 1024x772px
>>981087
You have a nice collection, kinda jelly desu. I confused your trip with the other tripfag Drafaend or something like that. Though you Danish cunts don't have it much better, I recon.

>>981102
>he doesn't know about knife British bins
SURRENDER THAT WEAPON
>>
>>981082
Yeah. My bad. € went to shit.
>>
>>981108
>you Danish cunts don't have it much better, I recon.
you recon wrong, your knife laws have gotten looser and looser by the last laws, restrictions on length = removed. restrictions on opening mechanism = removed. restrictions on shape = removed.

insted they have moved to a more
>if you have a knife at the club, we dont give a shit about the shape, but you shouldnt have a knife here,
kind of laws, as to not hurt fishermen, hunters and outdoor people with laws designbed to keep the inner cities safe,

good move
>>
>>981122
>your knife laws
no, "our" knife laws

>insted they have moved to a more
i dont know what the fuck i was typing with this.

i meant
>our laws are more like this now
>>
File: IMG_9161.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9161.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>981054
Skeletool is nice if that's all you need, but I would've ever rip on somebody for getting a bigger one if they will actually use the bottle opener and 3" saw and file and so on.

>>981083
Jesus christ.

>>980615
Does that have a locking knoife?

And Jesus H. Christ, you Yuros and Auscunts get stuck paying way too much for this shit. I feel bad. I'm about to start ordering shit for Yuropoor anons so they can get stuff at US prices plus maybe $5-$10 for the int'l shipping.

Either way, even paying the tall €€€ for it, you can't really go wrong. As long as you don't lose the thing, it should last for years and years of use.
>>
>>981122
fair enough ya cunt.

>if you have a knife at the club, we dont give a shit about the shape, but you shouldnt have a knife here
I still can't agree with this. I mean in my country we have this too at major events obviously but at clubs it is the club's choice.
>>
>>981126
>I'm about to start ordering shit for Yuropoor anons so they can get stuff at US prices plus maybe $5-$10 for the int'l shipping.
PLS do it. A couple years ago I suggested this but no one was interested, seems like people are ok with overpaying for stuff. For me it's a reason to not buy it instead, which sucks since some of the best /out/ and general use gear is US made.
>>
>>981130
i dont agree with it on an ideological level,
i think clubs should be well within the law to make their own fucking lawns. but my point is just that laws made, to secure night life, should not impact recreational fishing and camping, claiming it should would just be none nonsensical, and im not saying you say that, at all. but it is a step towards "localizing" things so that they just happen to the peple they are working on
>>
>>981135
But even the shit that is made in China but sold by a US company still tends to be overpriced in Yurop.

Like fishing stuff, this one company called Pure Fishing owns a ton of the major brands. The company is worldwide and most of their stuff is manufactured in Korea and even then it's hard for Yuro anons to find a lot of the stuff at a good price (if they can find it at all). There is a real lack of good retailers too which sucks because it's not like people don't use knives or fishing rods.
>>
File: my_tools.jpg (75KB, 606x610px) Image search: [Google]
my_tools.jpg
75KB, 606x610px
I have a little Craftsman Multitool was has been a mainstay for like 17 years. Also a Huntsman SAK which is an errday, and recently picked-up this cheep bike multitool to keep on me because I just got a new mountain bike. Pic of multitool is all I could find.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 604x453px
Ordered a 6E6 "Ratnik" Multitool, I keep my camp tools on the bottom of my bp so I'm hoping this will do nicely as my first multitool
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 604x453px
Closed
>>
File: kekekekekekekekekekekeke.jpg (2KB, 125x123px) Image search: [Google]
kekekekekekekekekekekeke.jpg
2KB, 125x123px
>>981210
>ratnik
russian multitool ? never seen one before
>>
If you fish its essential

If not i dont really see why you would need one
>>
File: IMG_3176.jpg (211KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3176.jpg
211KB, 900x598px
>>981178
There are some real nifty bicycle tools out there if you look. Park Tool is one of the solid brands (good local bike shops may have Park stuff) but I have seen a couple Kickstarter type tools that look cool assuming it will actually fit the hardware you have.
>>
Gonna get a leatherman wave. Any objections?
>>
>>981210
Thing looks comfy as fuck
>>
>>981326
yeah Park Tool is great stuff but I'm on a wicked budget (spent clos to $700 on the bike, helm, locks, lights, etc) and my budget was really like $400. So I just got a Kmart tool for on-the-road tuning. So far it's great, actually pretty solid and useful. Only problem is it's two pieces (similar to the Park in your pic) and out of the like 18 individual bits I only like 4 of them for my bike. Ah well, it was ten bucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 604x453px
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 604x453px
Pics are from google mine is still in the mail, can't really say much about it
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 604x453px
>>
>>981525
looks like it's made of Construx™

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2TFBY0wKXg
>>
File: IMG_3181.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3181.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>981367
There's always other shit too. Pic related was a good one for BMX bikes, that one little tube has basically everything you need to build a bike. Only thing a lot of them are missing would be the chain braker. And the ones that do have a breaker are normally shit for heavy duty 1/8" chains. But if you're just commuting and shit, you probably won't break chains very often.
>>
I have the Surge. It is the best /out/ miltitool for two reasons:

1) The diamond/metal file is detachable, so you can sharpen the blade.

2) The saw is the T-Shank disposable type used in Jigsaws, so you can use a 9" saw blade instead of the normal 3.5" one.
>>
>>981531
Yeah I'm primarily city mountainbiking with a little rural/mountain mountainbiking thrown in. I've never broken a chain in my life somehow actually. Anywa, my little Souther Star tool is pretty neat, and just generally useful in life so until i wear it out I'll just go with it. Then upgrade.
>>
>>980667
/diy/ usually spits on multitools, shills must be active.
>>
>>981541
I prefer Waves. Have both and like both, but the Surge is just too big and heavy for my EDC. I cut alot of 3/4" PVC pipe with the saws, and have found that they don't wear out very quickly as long as you keep them out of the dirt. I use the file often for taking the burrs off of misthreaded screws as well as touching up other tools. They last a long time also. Leatherman will replace worn saws and files for a price that is quite affordable if it's somthing you rely on.

Good point about using the detachable file to sharpen the Surge. I've never had to sharpen mine in the field though, having two blades and all. I turn the serrated blade into a strait edge right out of the box.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.