[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY Sleeping bag bivy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: FockeWulfFW190A51-2.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
FockeWulfFW190A51-2.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
So I have a sleeping bag that's intended to be used inside a tent in summer. Probably not even rated to freezing.

I was wondering if something like pic related would make it a little warmer so I can take it out in the fall when I'm on a fishing trip. Might also want to use it for backpacking.

Would it work, or should I wait for a better sleeping bag to go on sale?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgdFbNzENJQ
>>
OP again. I should probably add that the sleeping bag I have has plenty of insulation, but doesn't have any measures to keep out water or wind.
>>
>>979451
is that a waterproof tarp ?
if so chances are its going to act like a vapor barrier. the sweat from sleeping will condense on the cold inside layer. and once wet it will start to lose heat faster. but might be fine so best to test it beforehand. to get an idea over 8 hour a normal person sweats around 200-400 ml. if its hot then ofc more. many commercial bivi bag are quite expensive for that reason as they are grotex or whatever.
>>
>>979515
Thanks for the info. Yeah, it's a tarp.

I guess I'll give it a shot. If nothing else, I'll have something to keep my sleeping bag from getting wet if it rains and the tent's leaking.
>>
>>979451
I tried this last year, and got soaked in sweat, upgraded to an SOL Escape bivvy for $60 and never looked back. If you want to do your own on the cheap, use Tyvek on top to breath and polytarp on the bottom for durability.
>>
>>979622
>Tyvek
>Breathe
lol wut? I wore those suits and the one thing they don't do is breathe. Water used to pour out when I cut myself out of them on a hot day.
>>
>>979626
So, you're saying that you can't tell the difference between being active during the day and sleeping at night?

Tyvek is a great material for bivvys.
>>
>>979451
lol is that stupid ass nigger seriously using a TARP? It probly did work for him that one time he used it because he's out in the bone-dry desert.

Do yourself a favor and just by the US Army bivy or any cheaper non-spec ripoff will be worlds better than that.

https://www.amazon.com/Woodland-Camouflage-Waterproof-Bivy-Cover/dp/B008JXV2PM
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.