[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ vs. zombies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: 2354763258.jpg (221KB, 1190x595px) Image search: [Google]
2354763258.jpg
221KB, 1190x595px
How well would /out/ do in a zombie apocalypse? Do you think you'd survive with your current gear and level of skill? What items would you bring with you (whether they're useful or have sentimental value to you). What sort of places you'd consider safe? Where would you go? What sort of items you'd like to have ideally or items you think would make your survival easier? And lastly, what would be your weapon of choice (That is NOT guns because sooner or later you'll run out of ammo)?
>>
>>978861
even if those zombies are exothermic, pretty sure any place with a decent winter would render them immobile husks. a few freeze/thaw cycles would strip any ambulatory flesh off them in quick order.
>>
File: 20161125_152154.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_152154.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
I will do well.
>>
>>978884
Basically, I arm my 22-28 y/o Philipina Rifle Squad and do nothing but "drills" until the habbiniigg.

Mmm...
>>
>>978861
I've read that a zombie apocalypse most likely wouldn't last longer than a fortnight. The reason for this were
>Dead corpse, shambling around in sunlight. Most likely would decompose and fall apart and be killed by exposure or animals since no survival instincts outside of eating brains/people.
>The first ~72 hours would have the highest fatality rates, until people realised 1. zombies 2. get out of the major cities 3. travel when they're inactive.
>After this drop off less people would be killed/eaten so zombies are now starting to die of starvation as well and literally every other odd stacked against them.
Plus as the first poster pointed out, they're brain dead and would die in places that didn't have warm winters or even just ideal living conditions.
>>
The ocean is the safest place to be, and that's exactly where I would go. My dad owns a huge fishing boat, and the harbor is nearby. So my family and I would empty our houses of food, medical kits, firearms, and set off. We would fish and crab for food, boil sea water, and collect the steam for drinking water. We could tie up with his friends that would surely have the same idea, and form a little village on the water, sharing our resources. I would tie up a small speed boat for getting to shore quickly for supply runs or hunting trips. For weapons, sharpened boat hooks would work nicely
>>
Going /out/ to some rough terrain would probably be a good idea. A real mindless zombie would constantly be falling. Going uphill would make it even easier.
>>
/Out/ would do terrible as our Moras would all be broken from battoning
>>
>>978861
Zombies are fantasy creatures and their appearance would mean that the laws of physics no longer apply

I would enchant a slashing weapon since zombies have DR5/slashing
>>
>>979127
This.
>>
>>978878
>the soviet method
Approved.
>>
>>979127
I find a 10mm spine is best for battoning large zombos.
>>
>>978861
>/out/ vs. zombies

fucking americans
>>
>>979431
Uk here and fully support this thread
>>
I live in a Denmark which is a densely populated country so that would definitely suck. Hoping that we aren't talking new-school Hollywood super fast zombies that can swim I would likely try to get to my parents summer residence where we have some kayaks stored. From there I'd go to one of the several small, uninhabited islands south of Fühnen/Fyn, kayaking around to raid for food when needed.

Better still I'd get in contact with my most trusted and skilled friends, find out who lives in the best defendable place and hunker down there.
>>
>>979433
eternal anglo
>>
>>979438
>I live in Denmark which is a densely populated country

sure lol

t. Dutchman
>>
File: maj09.jpg (78KB, 350x600px) Image search: [Google]
maj09.jpg
78KB, 350x600px
>>978861
No living people come around.
Pretty sure no dead ones will either.
>>
I live on an island in the Arctic and got more ammo than there's people here. I'll even be alright with firewood until I get around to drying turf and sheep dung to burn. Fresh water is plentiful, there's fish in the sea and taters to grow and all manner of seabird eggs and geese in the air and seals on the islets... Even got myself set up with a number of old fishing boats with new sails and oars, so the inevitable end of the diesel won't be too bad either.
>>
My son watched TWD and commented to me that "we're ready" and "we'd do pretty good in a zombie apocalypse". Guess I'll take his word for it.
>>
File: Franku chan.jpg (2KB, 102x124px) Image search: [Google]
Franku chan.jpg
2KB, 102x124px
>>978884
>scoped sks
mah nigga
>>
>>978964
I wouldn't disagree about it being short lived.

But being brain dead they are already "dead" so the cold or starvation wouldn't kill them they would just become incapable of becoming a threat.. (muscular system would atrophy away)

I would however assume the virus/bacteria/fungi causing it would be infectious enough that in the first 72 hours local populations could be pretty devastated. (reduction of up to 70% of the population locally (not globally).

Animals may attack them, but may also just avoid them dependent on if the flesh is "tainted"

now were it to spread from people to animals this would be a whole different type of pandemic.

That being said, I'm pretty confident that as long as i'm not at ground zero I could survive the initial 72 hours just by bunking down. (thanks 5 day stash)
after that it would depend on how much infrastructure has collapsed.

I think anyone who has ever seen a zombie movie knows "safe zones" or "camps" are asking to get eaten.

I also think anyone at ground zero regardless of preparation has a 1/1000 chance.
>>
>>979443
>t. Dutchman
Can you even go /out/ the city without crossing some border
>>
>>979486
How?
>>
Currently live in FL, I would probably die just because of that. May survive if I kill everyone on sight and take everything that I can.
>>
File: 1490734710691.jpg (114KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1490734710691.jpg
114KB, 960x1440px
I would use my mastery over the Dark Arts to control the undead legions. Tearing down civilization and building a grand empire of undeath.
>>
>>978861
Zombies aren't real. Zombies are impossible. Zombies are boring. Pontypool was the last good zombie movie ever made but I've driven through the real Pontypool, ON and it doesn't actually have zombies. I relish the real apocalypse because it will finally bring an end to the relentless onslaught of mindless, shambling, unimaginative and derivative zombie films, TV shows and video games.

tl;dr: this thread is bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>978861
Zombies themselves wouldn't really be a threat. Especially the walkers from walking dead. It's the people that would be a problem.

A SHTF scenario just gives assholes a Green light to murder people and get away with it.

Only channer that I can think of that would be at least 75% okay is bunkerbro from /diy/

You'd need either a place to hide until things settled down, or a large group of people who can defend themselves against other Raiders.

/out/ would fare better than most, because typically being active in the outdoors requires at least a little bit of planning and problem solving. But other than that, I'd wager that /k/ and /diy/ would be the best bet. We have gardeners that would be useful to a compound though.
>>
>>979397

>wah wah communism kills everyone

go back to pol retard
>>
>>980418

you will be killed by minorities for sport as soon as the system collapses
>>
>>981813
Nah I'll be heavily armed, and have plenty of supplies and training.
>>
>>981811
>wah don't make fun of muh communism :^(
You have to go back
>>
File: 1489894734764.jpg (326KB, 700x793px) Image search: [Google]
1489894734764.jpg
326KB, 700x793px
>>980703
> SHTF scenario just gives assholes a Green light to murder people and get away with it.

This guy gets it
>>
>>980417
I'm not really sure what you're curious about, but if you'd elaborate, I'll be happy to explain.
>>
>>981845
Interested that you live in a small arctic island
>>
>>981846
Well, it's a small fishing community.
People traditionally eked out a living from fishing and keeping sheep, and this remains the case today. On account of it being an island in a sometimes harsh sea, people know a deal about being self-reliant.
For instance, in the last ten years, I've had four major power outages (subsea cable from the mainland getting damaged), including one that lasted from late November to early January where we didn't get anything from the mainland, but people managed perfectly well in spite of that. The ferry to the mainland is often cancelled in bad weather, and sometimes the sea floods the roads, and on two occasions, my basement.
Sorry if it doesn't sound awfully interesting, but having grown up and lived here most of my life, it's all pretty normal to me. If you have anything specific you're curious about, just say so and I'll answer as best I can (bar questions about location, as I'm a bit concerned about privacy)
>>
>>981884
Thanks for being willing to answer questions! No worries I will not ask you any questions about specific location.

How do you get internet? I would imagine that they have passed underwater fiber cables, especially since most northern countries have it.

How's life? Do you enjoy it? It seems like you don't have to worry much about the world around you, and can enjoy yourself.

I bet /out/door shit is a bit limited since you said it's on a small island, and because of the weather.
>>
>>978964
I'd agree with this, except the biggest problem are the fucktards who think they're hot shit and get themselves bit by accident.

The initial zombies would last 2 weeks for sure, but there's always new zombies to worry about.

A good 75% of people will say "I've seen The Walking Dead, I can handle it", and then they WON'T handle it.
>>
I imagine being in a proper forest with some incline changes and what not you wouldn't have much to worry about. You are constantly checking your footing on a hike, zombo would be busted fucking ankles all over the place in a forest. Your main worry would be falling into an already disabled zombie.
>>
>>978861

I'd be just fine.
Loads of body slams coming their way.
>>
>>979438
>be Danish
>get a boat
>go on raids for plunder

this sounds oddly familiar
>>
Let's not be silly here, if (or rather, when) civilization collapses again, 90 percent of everyone on Earth will die in a year or less. Everyone thinks they will be the Rick Grimes in an apocalypse, but the reality is no matter what type of equipment you have or what skillset you possess, other people are going to find you, kill you and take your shit. The same will happen to the people that killed you. If the initial violence doesn't kill you, it will be starvation or dehydration.

Even if you can hunt, almost everyone else will have the same idea, there won't be any animals unless you are in the remotest of places. The meme of 'living off the land' in an apocalyptic scenario is laughable, there will be desperate humans everywhere, looking for whatever it is they can find. It won't be enough.

Unless you're a 1337 prepper and have 20 years of food and dozens of drilled wells, you won't survive past a year. The real question is: Who would want to live in the apocalypse anyway? The world is over, almost everyone you knew or care about is dead. I'd take a nice .357 mag in my skull over living a shitty few weeks or months in the apocalypse. If you're posting on this board, you are living a life that would be unheard of in generations past. You're not going to go from pacified modern human to hunter gatherer savage. The struggle of day-to-day living is incomprehensible to most people who have enjoyed first world amenities their entire lives.

Just some thoughts.
>>
>>978884
Yeah, no else will have guns, especially in America where there's more guns than people. You're unstoppable.
>>
>>982253
You must be fun at parties.
>>
>>982253
You really think we'll get to less than a billion people on earth? In OUR lifetime?

I'm not trying to sound incredulous, I'm just asking why you think that.
>>
>>982294
I have no idea what will happen for sure in my life time, there is only speculation until an actual event happens.

But I do think that people would be surprised at how fast things would escalate and multiply in difficulty if the worst were to happen. People seem to think that a collapse would always be a slow, drawn out process. History has shown that when things go bad, they go bad FAST.
>>
>>982279
This is a thread about the apocalypse, I'm only being realistic, and you know it. I'm a blast at parties.
>>
I live in a very cold climate and almost everyone here has a gun. Isolation from the rest of the world means a lot of people have emergency food in case something happens to Seattle and no food is shipped here. However, resources would run low at some point. Lots of guns means zombies aren't an issue, but it means most fighting would be against people. I would get all my friends together into one big group, so I imagine things might go ok for us.
>>
>>982390

The Roman empire collapsed so slowly people did't even notice it collapsed until like 20 years after the fact
>>
>>982416
I never said there weren't slow collapses as well. But a lot of the civilizations that collapse suddenly you of course wouldn't really hear of, would you?

A lot of the civilizations that we consider to be ancient speak of pre-cursor societies that were wiped out because of floods or other extreme natural disasters. Global cataclysms that wiped out God knows how many unknown civilizations happened, and will happen again.

Humans are a species that will never know 99 percent of our own history because of such events, to think it cannot happen again is folly and ridiculous.
>>
>>982416
I think it's natural/man-made disasters the ones that go down fast, usually because of poor handling of the situation (Chernobyl) or unpreparedness.

Collapse of nations or empires is usually is slower because a lot of political forces are involved, and it takes time depending on many factors. I would know, that shit is happening where I live and it took YEARS for people to realize until it was too late. America is on it's way too.

But nature just doesn't give a shit. I doubt there's any protocol or course of action for something like a zombie apocalypse and most of the disaster would be amplified by authorities not knowing how to respond to it or fucking shit up in the process because there's no precedent for something that wide-scale.

Also I read somewhere that in most simulated scenarios of a zombie apocalypse, humans lose because zombies infecting people would mean there would be a much larger, growing zombie population than human population, so we'd be outnumbered in no time.
>>
I live in a place with tons of people n nuclear reactors, It's gonna be a blood bath.
>>
>>981899
>How do you get Internet?
You're right, it comes by subsea cable. I currently have 85/85 Mbps, which is more than enough.
>How's life?
I've got a challenging job that pays well, a handful of good friends I see now and then, a rifle that shoots straight, a car that rolls, a boat that floats, a shelf full of good liquor, a humidor with number of good Cuban cigars, a shed with a power rack and a number of cardboard boxes with split logs, a house with four walls and a roof that doesn't leak. Pour a little cherry wine, life is good. On a more serious note, the wonders of modern logistics and trade probably has me living a lot like most other people in developed western countries. I make the most I can out of every day.
>It seems like you don't have to worry much about the world around you
The sensationalist media, housewives on the brink of hysteria and village idiots like to scream up a storm about climate change, presidents Trump, Duterte and Putin, Syrian refugees, female genital mutilation and whatnot. I think it's good to stay informed and engaged, but personally I'm not much for words, and prefer direct action. My heart case is polluted oceans - I'll clean up the shores and under water and shut the screaming mouthbreathers when I ask them what they're doing about it other than talking.
>Outdoor activities
Au contraire! It's just a bit different, on account of there being no woods to go into here. I dive (Dry suit is pretty much obligatory), swim and row in place of hiking, occasionally camp out on islands or mountains, fish (hand lines and crab pots) or hunt. I've been of a mind to get a small vegetable patch going too, if only so I don't have to mow the lawn and can save some money.
>>
>>982542
Hell those internet speeds are better then mines! Not bad at all, very good.

Sounds pretty neat honestly.

That is the best you can do. Fuckers will scream climate change but drive a big chevy with a V8 engine. It's awesome that you actually take action for the shit that is important to you.

Do that! Try and other types and plants that are beneficial also.

I know you said not to ask questions about where you live to protect your privacy but is this island close to Canada?
>>
Can zombies climb mountains with a greater than 55° slope? If so, we're fuked. Unless "zombies" have the same intelligence and physical prowess as "normal humans", they will die out from lack of "brains!", with 30%-10% of the regular population intact. Computer models are based on epidemiological studies that do not take human ingenuity and isolation into account. The cities and suburbs would surely be lost, but everyone else would inherit the Earth.
>>
>>978878
>even if those zombies are exothermic, pretty sure any place with a decent winter would render them immobile husks
hence the movie extinction (2015) was born.
to make you smug fucks nervous.
>>
>>982444
I understand what you're saying but the global cataclysm thing happened so long ago that it's literally a legend - we don't have anything that big on our record books, no matter how far back we go.

The logical conclusion being that we'll never see something like that in our lives. Nope... Nothing interesting will ever happen...
>>
>>978861
I hate people like you. "I gotta prepare for the zombie apocalypse boohoo!" Shut your face, kid. Zombies are scientifically illogical and will never be a nuisance. And besides, if there was an apologise, your autistic ass would be the first to get killed because your obviously a stupid and dumb individual to believe that zombies would exist in the first place. So yeah, shut up and die of AIDS.

-peace out *middle finger*
>>
>>982566
>Is this island close to Canada
I'd say no.
However, if the notion of living on an island like the one I describe sounds interesting, I'd recommend you see about a job with the fishermen there (Because it's a safe job in a community that relies on fishing), the availability of housing, and the prices of this.
To begin with it might seem like a closed community, but I firmly believe that anyone who has two hands, a strong back, an open mind and a will to work will be able to settle down most anywhere he wants.
>>
>>983067

I'm going to go get in line to blow you in exchange for this completely unprecedented notion that zombies are played out.

And such edge!

I bet the guy who made this thread has already hung himself.
>>
>>983179
It seems quite nice! I feel like traveling and living in new places, but I have no skills or anything. I am willing to work hard though.
Also I don't know how to swim! Lol I am pretty sure most fishermen know how to do so.
>>
To make this hypothetical situation more plausible, let's use the 28 days later zombies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVnz6hlC3pQ
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.