[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

campfire smoking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault-12.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-12.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
i want to get into smoking but i don't really have a place to do it at home and would like to try it maybe car camping on the cheap rather than buy a $250 smoker i might use twice a year

i can only find sporadic information about it online
anyone have any experiences or setups they want to share?
>>
>>978171
Stop eating cancer-covered meat.
>>
>>979489
Jump off the nearest bridge nigger.
>>
Get a fire going with oak wood, then hang your fish or whatever above it.

Next you get a fireproof blanket thing and cover up the fish and the fire

The fire will go out and start to smoke. Make sure you close up the blanket very well on all sides

You can simply do this in your backyard if you want
>>
>>978171
Just check CL or local rummage/garage sales, OP. I bought a "used once" Coleman Deluxe Charcoal Outdoorsman bullet smoker for $20 from a garage sale.
>>
>>978171
There are much cheaper sheet metal, round smokers that are way cheaper. They work dry, or with a water pan. A 12lb turkey takes about 10 hours. A rack of pork ribs takes 3 or 4. I use a little charcoal to start it up. Then, when the coals ash over, add pecan wood (or your favorite) and the meat. Main thing is just to restrict the airflow when it gets close to 250F. Try to keep it stable between 200F and 230F for great results. Fuck cancer. Life's to short, regardless, to skip good smoked meats.
>>
>>979519
He is right you know!
>>
File: 1490806327134.png (267KB, 480x527px) Image search: [Google]
1490806327134.png
267KB, 480x527px
>>979489
find the nearest gun and put a bullet through your balls so you can't reproduce you fucking filth
>>
File: pot smoker.jpg (108KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
pot smoker.jpg
108KB, 540x720px
>>978171
>i want to get into smoking but i don't really have a place to do it at home and would like to try it maybe car camping on the cheap rather than buy a $250 smoker i might use twice a year
> i can only find sporadic information about it online
> anyone have any experiences or setups they want to share?

At home I use a giant terra cotta pot smoker like Alton Brown created. It works very well. About $50 investment, I use mine on my apartment balcony.

I don't think Brisket would be possible but you can definitely do a rack of spare ribs, a few slabs of beef ribs, or a whole pork shoulder. I have also cold smoked pork belly (bacon). The key is chunk hardwoods and good temperature and air control. You may have to experiment a bit but it's worth it.
>>
File: smoker.jpg (120KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
smoker.jpg
120KB, 900x1600px
>>981689

muh pot smoker

it's best in the summer when direct sun is hitting it, it raises the temp and helps you maintain 225 degrees all day. At night or in the winter I need to cover it with foil and tons of towels to keep it warm. Winter is best for cold smoking though (under 50 degrees)
>>
always have multiple thermometers to double check, an inaccurate thermometer can fuck your food up

t. somebody who smoked things 30 degrees lower than intended and couldn't figure out why everything I made sucked
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.