[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Patagonia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: patagonialogo.jpg (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
patagonialogo.jpg
24KB, 512x512px
what does /out think of Patagonia? pullovers, rain jackets, whatever. I don't climb but I've heard their stuff is good.
>>
>>977788
Good gear that's being overtaken by frat faggots

May need to abandon brand soon
>>
>>977792
ugh true. They seem to be attempting to quell that tho. I like how they're dedicated to conservation.
>>
>>977792
>this brand conscious
>calls faggot

You do see the hypocrisy, right?
>>
>>977792
I agree. I have the Nano-Puff jacket, really great jacket. However, the people that wear it exclusively casually piss me off.
>>
>>977797
yeah I see a lot of people at my school wearing the fleece pullovers. sad, because they're actually very warm and comfy. not that I really care I mean I'll wear it regardless
>>
>>977796
I'm not gonna support a brand that has had its image ruined by frat boys. Fuck if i'm gonna associate myself with anything close to frat fags
>>
>>977802
Oh my, your socio-political stance is so avanta gard and admirable!

You are a true testament to leadership and values!

My sjw hero!
>>
>>977788
Overpriced, but the gear is still decent
>>
>>977805
What does being an sjw have to do with anything in this thread?
>>
>>977802
Why not? Why is your self esteem so wrapped up in what you believe others think about you?

What is it you expect Patagonia to do? Should they realize that a lot of frat boys are buying their stuff and somehow discourage it, just so you can continue to feel special?
>>
>>977802
What's wrong with fraternities?
>>
>>977797
>how dare people wear the clothing they buy the way they want

the unironic hipster shit posting is funny
>>
>>977797
it isn't just that they wear it, they always comment when they see it. Nothing makes my blood boil more than when your walking down a trail and someone retard coming the opposite way comments on what your wearing. Fuck off gear queers.
>>
>>977873
There's nothing genuine about anyone in a frat. They always have something to prove by either doing stupid shit because they think it looks cool or getting wasted because they think it looks cool

That and they pay for their "friends"
>>
>>978051
>and they wouldn't let me in!
>>
>>977797
I wear my Nano Puff to school on occasion. Probs because it's the only actual jacket I have, but I know what it is really for, and that is going /out/.
>>
>>978115
t. elephant walk veteran
>>
>>978205
>but I know what it is really for

*/out/tistic screeching intensifies*
>>
A guy I used to work with as an /out/ fitter has a fantastic collection of Patagonia fleeces going back to the early 90s. Some of them are fluffy, some have a pattern like movie theater carpet. They are amazing.
>>
>>978051
>i was a loser with no friends in college
>>
File: Schnupfer_corrected.jpg (22KB, 324x480px) Image search: [Google]
Schnupfer_corrected.jpg
22KB, 324x480px
Love their gear and buy it whenever I can justify the price tag. I currently have one of their gortex shell, their primaloft hoddie and a few base layers, hats, etc. They also have an awesome repair service. Just had my gortex jacket patched up by them for free. It's five years old and I had no proof of purchase. Just had to pay the postage to their address in my country.
>>
>>977802
What makes you so special? Why would people care about the image of a sad, insecure, 4chan-browsing piece of shit like yourself? Pansy-ass motherfucker
>>
>>977792
>>977797
>>977802
>>978020
autism(tm)
>>
decent for if you are being cheap
>>
File: how can i hold all this smart.png (41KB, 1280x1483px) Image search: [Google]
how can i hold all this smart.png
41KB, 1280x1483px
>>978051
>tfw too intelligent to do stupid shit or get wasted
you might be happier if you'd loosen up and try both those things. they're actually quite fun.

also
>judging if other people want to do things to look cool
>never leave basement for fear of spilling spaghetti
admit it or not, your actions are as controlled by your imagination of how people will judge you as you imagine the people you disdain
>>
>>977873
Joining clubs in college is fine, I was a part of a great caving grotto, but I didn't have to pay thousands to be a member and a lot of frats are full of douchebags.

Why put yourself through that?
>>
>>977788
Haven't managed to get a snap-t pullover since i hear their sizes are all over the place..

I do have a nice collection of Baggies though! Great for ANYTHING!
>>
>>977788
I've got a first generation SST wading jacket that's never been anything more than an excellent windbreaker.
A short sleeve multi stiched Patagonia shirt has out lasted a dozen north farce and Simms shirts.

Some is good, some is overpriced experimental crap.
>>
>>977788

my patagonia long sleeve cotton tee is legitimately my favorite tshirt ever and scary warm/comfy.
>>
Jesus you guys are uptight.

I wear a lot of Patagonia. Most of it is very streamlined and technical. I like their videos explaining their design process. Some of their items, like the R1, DAS Parka, and Houdini are practiicomic among climbers and trailrunners. Most professional mountain guides I've met wear a lot of Patagonia. Whether frat boys or soccers moms wear it has zero effect on me. I've seen ski dads wearing La Sportiva Nepals at the grocery store - doesn't stop it from being a great boot.
>>
>>978737
Also they have legit athletic fits. Trim and close, since climbers aren't fatasses. I can't stand north face for this reason, which postures itself as a technical brand that you can find at JC Penney. Even LL Bean is preferable, it's just casual wear that doesn't attempt to be anything else in a conservative style and reasonably priced.
>>
OP has baited /out/ masterfully

>>978745
What's your TNF beef? You can buy it at Penny's? So what, they still have tons of superb gear.
>>
File: image.jpg (159KB, 926x410px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 926x410px
I love me some Patagonia, but we all know the real winner
>>
>>978875
>TFW don't live in Maine anymore and can't go to the LL Bean outlet

It sucks
>>
>>978902
I live in Brunswick just 15 minutes from the outlet, life is pretty good. Sorry to hear you had to move out of the state (unless of course you're somewhere like BC or Alaska)
>>
>>977825
Love their lifetime warranty tho. Them and dakine
>>
My opinion
Patagonia was real popular when I was in high school almost twenty years ago. And it still is. Partly because everyone passes their tastes down to their younger siblings. And partly because their stuff is pretty good. It really stinks when you see a sixth grader wearing the same t shirt as you. But you feel a little better when you see another old person wearing one. Patagonia is ridiculously popular in the town where I'm from.
I have always liked the snap t because it's one of the few things that fit my big shoulders. I have seven or eight of them. Some I've worn for almost twenty years, some I have never worn. The fit changes every year, because even though they talk a lot about how thoughtful their manufacturing is, they sure do jump around to different countries a lot. But I think they may have found one they like. And are doing probably half of their manufacturing their right now. I think half their manufacturing is done at the factory in their fair trade video. They should do half their manufacturing in those poor countries, and half in the United States.
Their biggest problem is fit and quality control. They need to have some normal American folks visit the factory periodically to check the fit and quality of the products.
>>
>>977797
>wear patagonia casually

Never know when a hike might break out lad
>>
>>978722
But cotton
>>
>>979419
This. Tbh, I'm always wearing my gear casually, it's just great. I usually look like a tard, but I don't care
>>
Recent purchases
It's real difficult to find men's swimsuits without weird panties sewn in. But patagonia has ONE. It's called the M's baggies STRETCH 9"
It's a real shame that their $45 dollar t shirts have a sewn seam on the collar. Sadly, everybody, not just patagonia, is doing that cheap crap nowadays. If you compare the collar on your favorite old salvation army t shirts with a new t shirt made by anybody these days, you will see the difference.
I had to return a nanopuff pullover because the shoulders were too tight. Looking at the photos of all their other shells and insulated garments, they look like they would be too tight also. How are you supposed to layer with that?
I've been struck down with a condition where I need to keep my legs warm, so I bought a lot of baselayers from ebay and the main site this year. The newest baselayer bottoms have incredible fabrics. But the waist band is incredibly cheap and flimsy. Although the waist band is sorry, they have yet to fall down or anything.
I forgot to mention in my earlier comment that I think the reason they earned the nickname patagucci, is because in the catalog days, before the internet, any kind of jacket that wasn't a fleece or a shelled synchilla jacket would cost $250 or $350+ And if you think that is a lot of money now, just imagine ten or twenty years ago.
>>
Last post, ebay advice
Since clothes with a high price point and good textiles last a pretty long time, patagonia is encouraging people to thrift shop, do hand me downs etc. Once you know what size you wear, you can find some really good stuff on ebay if you are careful.
If the seller doesn't have plenty of good, clear pictures and a description do not buy.
Make sure you get a good look at the cuffs and hem to make sure they are not frayed, and that the elastic is not blown, stretched out.
Almost all sellers will include a picture of the inside tag. This is very important. Patagonia's best fitting garments were made in Columbia. And their worst fitting garments were made in the United States. And that's not just my personal fit. The tops made in the United States have an incredibly short hem that would only be good for somebody well under 5'8"
>>
>>979422

base layer, cotton, wool/polyprop, waterproof shell is the master race layering.
>>
I have a patagonia trucker hat. Completely /fa/.

Had a cute girl at the gas station tonight compliment me on it. So there's that.
>>
>>979468
>tops made in the United States have an incredibly short hem that would only be good for somebody well under 5'8"

Sad when even Patagonia is making clothing for short fat people.

Why is it large+ sizes almost never meaningfully increase length? I'm 6'2 and would probably fit best in medium if they were 4" longer on average.
>>
File: no.jpg (25KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
25KB, 300x269px
>>978422
No, being obsessed with what brand of whatever someone has is autistic.
>>
>>979539
Nahhhhh can't deal with cotton
>>
>>977788
still have some baggies from early 90's
that still serve me as my running shorts.

great long lasting stuff that's for sure.
>>
>>978051
i go to a school with a pretty big greek life culture. im not in a frat, and i dont personally enjoy frat culture, but anytime i see someone blanket hating on the frats like that, i always get the feeling that theres a little bit of sour grapes going on. yeah theres a lot of douchery associated with the whole thing but the way people talk about frats sometimes you would think every single frat boy is a walking caricature of all the worst stereotypes. its really not that bad man
>>
I really like their vintage looks being a 90s kid.

Their higher-end stuff is a bit mixed though. Some of it is top-notch, other times falls well-short. They seem to not have the design capabilities of a North Face or Arc'teryx.
>>
>>978420
The irony being that you would make that comment here, but not to a stranger in public
>>
>>978860
Probably the same beef people have with companies like 5.11 selling XXL "tactical" pants or similar companies that make plate carriers for landwhales. I'm not one to say they should make a profit but come on, a little integrity won't kill em.

I think what gets people seeing douchebags and soccer mom's wearing Patagonia or the like is its kinda like seeing a guy that walks out of the house every day in full riding gear before getting onto a car and heading to the grocery store. I don't wear scrubs like a fashion statement. That's a bit extreme I know but Patagonia is a purpose driven brand and believe it or not, you will run into people that just want to look the part without doing it since you can't hike the AT with a latte in hand. It's as much cosplay as numale hipster shit, even if they don't know it
>>
>>977792
Why do you care? Not trying to troll genuinely asking
>>
>>982287
So somebody like an nfl linebacker shouldn't be able to wear "tactical" pants? What is the waist size limit for people to enjoy things? 34"? Or are only 'operators' your size allowed?
>>
>>982596
>Implying NFL linebackers are trying to be tacticool

Most of the people who wear that stuff are fat
>>
>>979580
>Had a cute girl at the gas station tonight compliment me on it.

only in murrica... here in europe (where they might have a little better understanding for fashion) everyone would think you are a trucker and or a wannabe hiphop artist
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.