[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Compression Sacks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Looking for compression sacks for my sleeping back, I have a ruck cover but sometimes it just doesn't cut it and individual compartmentalization is sometimes nice too. Post your favorite brands, or recommendations.
>>
>>977361
There's already a pants thread.
>>
>>977364
:'D
>>
File: 92420.jpg (151KB, 1500x1469px) Image search: [Google]
92420.jpg
151KB, 1500x1469px
Carinthia's compression sacks. I got the bigger model for my winter sleeping bag. It will fit pretty much any bag out there, and is better than other compression sacks because it can be compressed in both directions. Cost me like 30€, would recommend.
>>
>>977361
don't compress your sleeping bag too much, especially a down.
>>
>>977625
Only compress your shit when its time to go/travel. Every chance you get, decompress your gear/air it out. Your gear will thank you.
>>
>>977625
Thanks I just have a shitty milsurp 4 piece bag that was issued to me but they never took it back.
>>977622
Thanks man I will totally check that out, I really need to make it as small as I can.
>>
Thread is definitely relevant to my interests. I just got a cheap Coleman bag and either I am useless or the bag's bag is useless. I can't compress it down enough to attach it to my pack how I'd like.
>>
>>977665
Its the same shit with the Milsurp ones, I have broken several of the tightening straps not even from over tightening, Bag is Useless.
>Thanks Obama
>>
>>977668
Maybe the DoD will hire /out/ists as consultants before the next invasion.
>>
I have a default sack that came with my sleeping bag. Is there a difference between them? Mine isn't waterproof I guess you can buy one that is, anything else?
>>
File: seatosummit_event_11.jpg (68KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
seatosummit_event_11.jpg
68KB, 900x900px
I like the "Sea to Summit eVent" one I got.
>>
>>977668
The Coleman bag's bag has a zipper on the side which should decrease the circumference about six inches, or so. My first thought was you put the bag into it and then you do up the zipper to cinch it down. Zipper seems completely unequipped for that.
Second thought was you do up that zipper and then you put the bag into it.
That doesn't seem to work either. The zipper gets pulled down as you try to pull it over the expanding loft of the sleeping bag.
>>
I just saw Aldi is selling a sleeping bag this week for $25 AUD. It looks like the bag's bag comes wit compression straps. Might be worth buying. Even if the bag's bag isn't great you've still got another sleeping bag to your name.
>>
>>977676
Maybe they should, but that will never happen,
>>977679
The one mine came with is destroyed, and I have to use 550 cord to actually effectively use it now its just a pain. Also in the North east, it rains a fuckton.
>>977680
I'll defiantly check this out, seems like some very minimalist deal.
>>977682
>RIP
I think they had a cool idea maybe but went about it wrong.
>>977724
Thanks, I'll check it out.
>>
>>977682
Gf and I have identical Coleman bags (they zip together for sexy times) and they have those cheap zippers that look like they're going to burst any moment.
The best success I've had was compressing the bag down as tight as humanly possible, then have the gf hold the zipper closed so it doesn't undo itself as the bag goes in.
She tried to zip it up with the sleeping bag inside and immediately busted the zipper.
Thankfully the fabric didn't tear and I was able to nigger rig the zipper.
>>
>>977364
>he doesn't wear gussetted pants
>>
>>977954
>tfw no sleeping bag assistant
>>
>>977724
May be rebranded black wolf. I use a black wolf with built in compresssion straps and it's pretty good comfort and warmth wise, gets chilly in the mountains though.
>>
>>977361
I got a new compression bag from amazon for my sleeping bag, was gonna go cheap no name but got a large black vango for only a little more.It's great. Does the job.
>>
If you're going to be putting your sleeping back in a pack don't waste your time with a compression sack.

Just stuff it directly into your bag, preferably at the bottom. It will fill up the empty spaces, helps to stabilize other items already in the pack and it will feel better carrying it.
>>
>>977361
I bought a coghlans compression sack, and was questioning the quality when I got it.

I travel for work, a d literally use the thing every day to reduce the size of my clothing in my luggage. I've washed it countless times, too.

Needless to say I use it when going /out/ as well. It's had hard use for 2 years.

I bought a higher end Kelty compression sack, and it's just too big, I don't use it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.