[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 20170325_163742.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170325_163742.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
New fag here. Just bought a bunch of gear to start me out on 1-3 night backpacking trips. I had some dough so I spent based on weight as well as utility.

However, I recieved pic related today for my lonesome. It seems really small for cooking for one person. Should I return it and get something else? If not, what would easy for me to cook in such a small pot?

>TOAKS 750 ml
>>
Well shit, posted from my phone so I'm not sure why it's upside down
>>
I have the same pot. You can cook in it, be careful because it easily boils over. I just boil water and cook in bags. Cleaning pots in the backcountry sucks ass.
>>
>>977212
Forgot to add, Ramen, pasta sides, macaroni and cheese, shit like that
>>
>>977213
are you from the land down under?
What are you going to cook? I hiked the A.T. and used a 750 ml the whole time to cook pasta and rice and such. If i wasn't full I would just make more. Smaller also boils water faster.
>>
>buys tiny metal cup
>wonders why its not big enough
>>
looks about right for me, but you may want big breakfast. Anyone know how to cook biscuits our toast in the wild? lol
>>
>>977219
750ml is the perfect out pot size.
>>
>>977215
How do you cook in bags?
>>
>>977219
It only weighs a few ounces
>>
>>977226
I reuse Mountain house bags. I throw whatever I want to cook in one, add boiling water, and let it sit
>>
>>977229
That's genius! Cook anything complicated or just the standard stuff?
>>
>>977231
Nothing fancy, just whatever needs hot water
>>
>>977233
What kind of stove do you have? I'm making a fancy feast stove since I haven't decided on what to buy.
>>
>>977212
If your cooking mostly is about boiling water then 750ml is fine for you. I tend to cook more "real" food when out, so I use a 1lt. pot
>>
>>977219
Fgt
>>
>>977237
A snowpeak canister stove
>>
>>977212
If anyone's interested, my other gear is:

>Osprey Kestrel 38L pack
>Alps Zephyr 1 tent
>Thermarest Pro light sleeping pad
>Kelty cosmic down 40 bag
>Keen Targhee shoes
>Inflatable pillow

I'm making a fancy feast stove and bought the TOAKS 750ml pot.

What am I missing /out/?
>>
>>977245
I forgot, my hydration system consists of a 2.5L Osprey bladder and a nalgene.
>>
>>977212

In Australia I see.

Use the pot only to boil water and pour that water into something else.

Basically boil the 8-16 oz it requires, pour into meal bag (Mountain House freeze dried meal as example) or plastic (easy to clean) tupperware container. You use the plastic container to carry toiletries, wipes, medicines, etc when not cooking and your pot carries stove, fuel, mini bic, maybe tube of vaseline and cotton balls to fill the air gaps.
>>
>>977219
are you suggesting 750 ml isn't the optimal temperature to heat up a quick meal and have enough water to enjoy a nice cup of instant coffee after?
>>
>>978280
>750 ml
>temperature
wat
>>
>>978280
kek
>>
>>977212
Those are great
I finally wore out my generic one, it was perfect. Boiled enough water for coffee and oatmeal in the morning, plenty of room for 2 packs of Ramen, or a can of chili and bag of rice, or enough water for a mountain house meal

I've left my mess kit behind in favor of it
>>
>>977846
A tupperware container is far harder to clean than a pot. Wiping a pot clean takes about 4 oz of water and your hand if you do it immediately after eating.

Are you the same faggot that comlained that cleaning forks every meal was hard? And duh you don't need to cook every meal. Stick a plastic knife in a peanut butter jar broken off to the jar height. No wash if u only use it for peanutbutter.

Yall niggers are like baby teir taking fucking 5 dollar freezedried meals for everything. Yall niggas never heard of gorp?
>>
>>977215
pine needles bro. works like a charm as a scouring pad for these ti pots
>>
>>977215
>I just boil water and cook in bags

What do you mean by this? I have heard this before. What type of bags do you cook in? Ziplock bags? The packaging of the food? How do you know what type of bag will work?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.