[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Escaping the concrete island

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: farm.jpg (11KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
farm.jpg
11KB, 299x168px
I hate the city, and I hate the suburbs. I've been living in this barren hellhole my whole life. I recently discovered that I have a serious case of /out/ism and want to live as far away from the city as I can get. I still want to live in a town (ie - not out in the wilderness), but I want to live where there is lots of greenspace. Where I live in Ontario, there are lots of small greenspaces in between the larger urban centers, but they are mostly devoid of life beyond the squirrels and songbirds. I wouldn't be able to eat any mushrooms or berries I found, because they would all be contaminated with road runoff and sewage chemicals from the polluted water in the area.

Is it possible to escape this wasteland? Are their jobs and affordable living outside major urban centers for someone who wasn't already born in those areas? Can it be done?
>>
>>975994
Even out in of the city, most of the wild berries near me get sprayed with poison.
>>
>>975995
You mean in farmers' fields? I can't believe people would be going out to wild greenspace and spraying raspberries just 'cuz.
>>
>>975999

>wild greenspace

You talk like a brainwashed retard
>>
>>975995
Are they invasive species in your state like blackberries are in many places? That's the only reason I can think of that local government would be spraying them. If it isn't the local government then the land owner must have his reasons or it is being done illegally. Another reason is roadside, power line, and gas line right of ways need to be kept clear.
>>
>>975994
Google "jobs in rural Canada"
>>
Its doable OP but it takes some tenacity.

I moved to north Idaho when I was a kid and my dad retired, from California. We are the most hated demographic here by locals, but I managed to get a logging job and eventually worked my way up to one of the most respected and relied on members of that crew.

I've since moved on to an emergency services career but I live comfortably and own land on what would be nearly poverty wages in most metro areas, and I really enjoy the lifestyle. Quality of life here is absolutely wonderful.

So a few tips:

1. Research your options for areas to go to. I dunno about Canada, but while a lot of rural America is declining, some areas are growing. Look at Sandpoint as an example, or Coeur d'Alene which is bigger, both are successful 'small towns' and you can live in town or in the country and be fine.

2. When you get there, find ways to get involved and make community connections. Try volunteer fire or EMS...that got me a career but did wonders to establish a social network for myself and gave me some 'cred' since people could then get to know me and see I wasnt 'just another Californian'.

3. Dont turn your nose up at work. Look for ANYTHING to start with, and find the merits to doing that job. Something you can learn or gain from it. Work your ass off at it, because that is how people will know you. Then look for a trade, try to start a business, or whatever it is you plan on doing.

Hope that helps! You're doing the right thing. Metro areas are the fucking worst.
>>
>>976180
Term suggestions?
>>
>>975994
>not going urbexing in the city
Gotta make due with what u got.
Throw up some graff. Brighten up the town.
>>
>>976308
I don't newspeak so I have no idea what you were trying to say
>>
>>976180
I probably am. I've been stewing in this concrete hellhole for so long its fried my brains.
>>
I love how melodramatic these posts always are.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.