[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old are your parents?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8

File: genpic.png (45KB, 322x536px) Image search: [Google]
genpic.png
45KB, 322x536px
What generation are they from? Did this impact how /out/istic you became? Did you learn from them, or on your own?

Mine are boomers. Learned fuckall from them.
>>
>>974206
Boomers. Dad loved out. I love out.
>>
>>974206
Same as op. Parents are boomers but didn't teach me shit. They did get me into boy scouts at least. I learned a lot from other boomers.
>>
File: 1276907241589.jpg (3KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1276907241589.jpg
3KB, 126x126px
Boomers, horrible people

>hey dad we should go fishing sometime
>haha anon maybe when I'm 65 and the license is free
>fast forward two weeks his co-worker wants to go fishing
>buys a license
>>
>>974233
my dad asked me to go on a fishing trip and i said no. i can't stand him and at this point in my life i'm completely depleted, i can't even sit in the same room for more than 5mins, nevermind go on a two+ day trip

he's like 68 now or some shit
>>
Boomers. Dad was born in 1954 but he didn't have me until 1992, so I grew up with my friends thinking my Dad was my grandpa. I don't know if he was too tired to be a father by the time he was 40, but I didn't learn anything from him.

My mom was born in 1963, and she took me and my sister camping from an early age. I grew up in Phoenix, so getting away from the heat was by far my favorite vacation. But we just did car camping, so I didn't learn /out/ skills until I took a 3-day survival course in Flagstaff when I was 18. Pretty everything /out/-related I know I've taught myself since then.
>>
>>974241
>too tired... by the time he was 40
I can't imagine having kids now. It's not that I'm too tired by any means, it's just that I've waited and worked all this time to have some things for myself and what's left of my life. I sacrificed early to "retire" early and do the things I put off.

t. 40
>>
>>974206
Boomers. Dad didn't teach me anything. Well that's not entirely true. He and his dad taught me how to shoot. Always wanted to go camping with him. He only took me once. We used to road bike together when I was a late teenager. I always wished he was more outdoorsy.

My mom and I spent a hellava lot of time innawoods surrounded by her friends etc. She moved to Seattle Wa when I was 13. A boyfriend of hers at the time had 10 acres innawoods. Massive 3 story tree house & a huge rope swing. There was a creek running through and i spend countless hours wandering up it finding fossils and going up to the beaver damn. Cant say they (mom & friends) taught me anything specifically. I did get massive amounts of freedom and fuckin around time /out/. Was allowed to just wander around the Willipa Valley.

Moms dad "greatest generation" signed me up for boy scouts and taught me how to fish. Spent a great deal of my early childhood (12<) at the GP's. They lived on the edge of a swamp in MD. Massive amounts of bugs, snakes, frogs, toads, turtles & fish to catch. Was pretty rural. Loads of old dirt roads to ride our bikes & play on w/ my childhood friends.

I picked up alot of my knowledge as a young adult living in Wa. So much to do here that is easy access.
>>
>>974206
Boomers
Father taught me how to hunt, mother taught me to run, uncle taught me to survive
They weren't seriously /out/ but they made me want to go further than they had
>>
>>974206
Greatest generation (war babies actually)
And as worthless as boomers
And one is probably a bastard
>>
>>974246
Dat white birth rate, no wonder yall dying, good riddance
>>
>>974206
I'm that son of a Boomer, Generation X guy whose dad raised him in the woods. I'd much rather be dropped in the middle of any wilderness than in any city of over 100,000 people. I like people, but I'm used to being surrounded by more living things.
>>
>>974307
Joke's on you, fuckbag. I have 3 kids.
>>
>>974206
Greatest generation. And like all those seniors still kicking around my dad is insanity wealthy thanks to growing up in the most prosperous.
>>
>>974206
My dad is a boomer and spent much of his childhood wandering the hills, fields, and decaying colonial infrastructure around where he grew up, but by the time I was born he was a successful middle-class American in his 40s who lived in a suburb and worked long hours to maintain a high standard of living and save for my future. I get the feeling he had a lot to teach me and really wanted to, but just could never find much time or energy. Some of my fondest memories with him are the times the two of us would go on long drives through the country, often stopping to hike trails or wander empty beaches or something. He's old and tired now but we do still travel together sometimes, though not as much as either of us would like.
>>
Boomer. Both parents grew up in the suburbs, know very little about being /out/, now I'm teaching things about gardening almost at the same time as I learn them from Homegrowmen
>>
>>974238
Hey man you should go. Can't always make that shit up when they get too old or die.

>>974233
They are horrible, but your dad seems decent by my standards.

>>974206
I still say there needs to be a break somewhere in "Millenials". There is a huge difference between being born in the mid 80s and the mid-late 90s. As kids, some of us played outside with our friends while the later part of the group played online with their friends. That makes such a huge difference on how you view the world.
>>
>>974386
I've never actually seen the definition of "millenials" go that far. The latest I've seen before was 2000 and an end of around 1996 seems most common. I really doubt the kids born in 2003 who'll be starting high school soon have much in common at all with someone born in 1983. Far less than people born in 1953 had with those born in 1973 at least.
>>
>>974396
Yeah I agree. I mean 20 years and there will always be a difference, but the internet changed so much. Even in the 6 years between my little brother and me (1989 and 1995), there is a big difference. When I was in grade school, we were still calling with land lines and when he was in grade school they were logging in to Xbox Live. I'm right there on the divide because like junior high going into high school was when everybody started having Nokias.
>>
My parents were killed in a car crash seven years before I was born.

Fuck you for bringing back horrible memories OP.
>>
lot of difference between 76 and today. lot of difference between 56 and today. lot of difference between 1920 and today. my grand parents talk about there siblings playing pranks on them on wagons. my father talks about preparing pigs to eat. And I use to ride cardboard down steep hills in the days before computers. lol
>>
>>974206
Heh, my father's birth year isn't even on that chart. He died a great great great great grandfather. I'm a great great great great uncle.

>tfw one side of the family shits out kids at 14yo-16yo.
>>
Dad's a boomer Mum is GenX.

My dad used to go fishing a lot when he was younger but he stopped sometime before I was born in 1991, after I started to go fishing a lot with my best friend we invited him along one time and now we both go fishing every couple of months. He also taught me to fly fish

Mum on the other hand is the typical stay at home type, would scream bloody murder if she got a hint of mud on her shoes.
>>
>>974467
Once you turn 50 you have leave 4chan, bro.
>>
File: tmp_5403-1469598931889844893586.jpg (440KB, 1280x1905px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5403-1469598931889844893586.jpg
440KB, 1280x1905px
>>974206
>>974206
My father was born in 1948. He taught me how to walk silently in the woods by endlessly berating me when he heard me. My fathers utter hatred for me taught me how to be unnoticeable in society and nature. For that i am grateful.

My only wish is to watch that hate filled bastard die. Should be soon the bastard is 70

He actually did teach me alot about the outdoors when he wasn't criminally neglecting me. He almost killed me twice. The one time when i was 5 my nose bled for so long i passed out and woke up a day later. In the hospital. After getting my nose heat cauterized. 100 percent his fault. Both how it happened and letting me bleed out for atleast an hour.

I'm gen x. I love winona ryder and complaining.
>>
File: pepsid.jpg (54KB, 360x349px) Image search: [Google]
pepsid.jpg
54KB, 360x349px
>>974386
>Hey man you should go.
Well I've moved overseas now so it ain't happening for least many more years. Also, before I moved I had to live with those people again for a couple years and they were objectively the worst two years of my life. Nope, I've had my fill. No need to get into stories but the guy's a fucking psycho. I wasn't even allowed to eat, he'd bitch about everything. Just the smell of toast would send him into a fury and he'd stomp around the house opening windows and telling me "NEVER DO THIS AGAIN", and more.

Plus from a very young age (<10) he'd say shit like "fuck if either of you end-up being faggots I swear to god...", but I am. No he doesn't deserve to have a family and shouldn't have.

Thanks for the unwanted feels, pepcid
>>
>>974510
So you turned out gay? I mean it sucks, but having a mentally ill child must be hard on a man.

My dad told me the same thing. He was a piece of shit but both of his sons like pussy at least.
>>
>>974241
Anon, I was born in '62. Respectfuly, may I meet your mom?

>no murder/death/kill, p..promise.
>>
>>974414
I remember once dragging a burned and crippled qt from a flaming car wreak and raping her to death once!

S..son?
>>
>>974512
thanks man
>>
>>974533
Lel no problem. But seriously depending what time dude grew up in, that could be rough. It's whatever tho, I'm currently talkin to the new girlfriend of my friend who is in jail about how him and baby mama were shitty parents before the state took them away and she is under the impression that most people actually have two good parents. I told her she's crazy. You're lucky if you grow up with one parent around who actually gives a shit.
>>
File: File0007.jpg (527KB, 1142x773px) Image search: [Google]
File0007.jpg
527KB, 1142x773px
>>974206
Greatest generation, we were always Far Out
>>
>>974386

I was born in 1982. How am I considered the same generation as a person born in the early 2000s?

I think the whole "Millennial" thing should be split in half.
>>
>>974542
which is why I'm not going on a fishing or other trip with him

additional context: my brother went on an overnight hike with him a couple years ago and said never again. everyone they met would start keeping their distance after a short while
>>
>>974549
My dad taught me that the greatest thing about being innawoods is you can take a piss anywhere you want.

I kinda agree.
>>
my parents are millennials.

we only go /out/ for snapchat and instagram selfie pics.
>>
>>974510
I told my 14 year old that I wouldn't be mad or upset if he turned out gay, but also that he would not be allowed to drink out of my water bottle were that were the case.
>>
>>974568
yeah you wouldn't want any of my spermies to end up on there >:D
>>
>>974547
82. Just call yourself gen x. Realy the cut off should be around 86. My brother was born in 86. He never jerked off to a playboy we had internet in 95.

Actually that is a fairly excelent litmus test. If you ever jerked off to a physical papper magazine you are old school.
>>
>>974206
Child of Greatest Generation parents here.
>hunted rabbits
>fished
>almost all vacations in north woods
>burned wood for heat until 10 year old or so
>you and brothers helping me put new roof on house
>today you learn how to weld
>vacations spent in tent until teens
>once ranger said bear was in area
>Dad: I put the rifle in middle of tent if bear comes whoever gets it first gets to shoot it

Based parents.
>>
>>974586
>put the rifle in middle of tent if bear comes whoever gets it first gets to shoot it
what could possibly go wrong
>>
Wow, there's a lot of Elder Anons on this board. How does it feel to be 40+ and still browsing the 4chins? How do you even relate to these damn kids and their dank memes?
>>
>>974206

Jews.
>>
>>974333
>>974307
haha! jokes on both you. Fuck having kids and fuck dying of easily treated diseases, or diabetes, or drug addiction, or all the other things you darkies die from. lol
>>
Dad is a Boomer. He was really into sailing sunfish in lakes. Got me into scouts. He's not really an out guy but he's a good man.

My mom is also a boomer. She would make me go play outside when it was nice and fostered my interests in being outside by taking me to the store and getting good gear I would be excited to use.

I'm really #blessed to have (had?) such awesome parents that gave me just enough lead to find myself but not so much that I couldnt find my way back.
>>
Also boy my parents are these

>>974615
>>
>>974546
Omg, you fucking pedobear.
>>
I made half the memes i consider dank.

Get memeing or get dying, kiddo
>>
>>974673
Same. This very board would be nigh-memeless without my tireless efforts.
>>
File: 1487473362949.jpg (191KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487473362949.jpg
191KB, 600x600px
>>974238
Dude I feel you
I've been playing dnd with my boss and coworkers, started two weeks ago, been having a blast.
Then all of a sudden my father asks if he can join in.
I don't know how to feel, everything in my body is telling me to say no, but I can't.
Our relationship has been fucked for so long, we've barely done anything together, and he even said that he thought this was something we could do together. Every time he offers to bond or whatever you may call it (the very rare times that he does actually offer) I shoot him down because he's just been so fucking horrible to me, and I ALWAYS feel terrible afterwards. I'm trying to get myself to not shoot him down this time, maybe actually work on our relationship, but really I feel like all that will happen is that he'll annoy/piss me off and sour the fun I was having playing dnd.

This was off-topic and bloglike, but I feel dumbfounded and conflicted over something so simple and it's making me furious I feel this way. Sorry if I wasted your time reading this, have a dog for the trouble.
>>
>>974673
Post your memes, old man.
>>
>>974713
You should turn your dad down, because exactly what you think is going to happen, would happen.

Instead, offer something to do on your own terms that you feel comfortable with. That way you'll be in control of how you want to approach bonding with your father.
>>
>>974238
>>974713
Oosh, I know these feels. So I don't think I'm going to tell you guys to do one thing or the other.
But I would ask you this: let's say your fathers wanted to make amends and make up for what they did, that they were genuinely sorry.
What do you think it would look like?
I think it probably would look something like that, right?
I wouldn't be surprised if you went on a camping trip and they got some beers in them and blubbered about what shitty dads they were.

If I was in your situation I think I'd say yes to a camping trip IF there were other family members going. If it was the two of us I'd feel pretty fucking weird about it.
>>
Both boomers.
I used to think I had a good family, and felt sorry for kids from broken homes but the truth is I never learnt a thing from them.

We had a good relationship and I always respected them, but one day I figured about why I was the way I was and our relationship changed overnight.

Dad was never around and Mom has had crippling undiagnosed snd untreated depression since I can remember.

I was raised with the least minimum effort possible.
I got food, clothing and a bed but zero direction or skills that would actually help me in life.

I couldn't leave yard either.
Straight home from school. No sports, no going to the mall, no going to friends houses, no exceptions - and I always listened because I wanted to be a good son.
The truth was that keeping me home under surveillance was never for my benefit, but only to make their job as a "parent" easier.

I never got an allowance either because "everything I needed was at home" Another tactic to keep me from going out and "making them worry"

And because I couldn't leave the house I had no actual friends in high school.
I wasn't an outcast or anything, and I actually hung out with the group everyone wanted to be in.
But I never felt I was a part of the group.
It was obviously apparent when they planned and talked about things that happen after school.
My excuse was that I lived in an orphanage and the nuns would flip their shit if I was late "home" from school.
One imaginary nun in particular, whom we nicknamed Bas Rutten.
Everyone of course knew it was a deflection and coping mechanism.
>>
On one hand, I think maybe its not their fault that they didn't know how to raise children, but the truth is they probably didn't care enough to learn.

We've even never been on a vacation. Not even an afternoon trip as a family.
Never even been out to a restaurant.

They weren't poor either. We lived in a Neoclassical villa, on a large, but ever shrinking estate.
My father was a pipe welder and later started a trading company, and my mother a bonafide heiress.

The fact that I had to learn how to weld by myself from the fucking internet actually hurts me.

Thats enough from my manifesto for today.
>>
my parents were great. I went to private school, public school, played football, went to scouts for a while, stayed over at everybody s house. wrecked two our three of there cars, not to much damage. loved giving me shit to do though. But they were always restrained,usually.
>>
>>974713
>>974238
i don't know what happened but obviously something in them changed and they are trying to make an effort. time changes people. maybe skip the DND and overnight trips but at least trying going to a restaurant or do a half day nature walk with them. worst case you get to prove yourself right. best case you have a relationship with your father.
>>
>>974206
dad born in 80
i was born in 93

used to go fishing with my dad at around 8 years old.
when i was around 10 he would take me to work with him on Saturdays which included going to his bosses farm and playing around with tractors and animals.
started mountain biking with him now, last Saturday we went to sherwood pines and went on the red route.
once i get good with air rifle (uk) i might take him hunting for rabbits sometime.

my mother on the other hand was born in 73 and is very scared for my wellbeing.
my dad told me that she is always worrying about me, as a child she didn't like me going far when playing out, even tho we lived in a village where everyone knew each other.

a couple of times she would have panic attacks if i was a couple of minutes late home as a teenager, she is getting better with it now tho and just tells me to be careful which is what anyone would tell their child.

overall i would say it was a pretty good upbringing for their age, my dad was 13 when my big sister was born, 16 when i was born and 17 when my younger sister was born. and he stuck to it, working hard so we could have a good life.

don't mind the blog post
>>
>>974842
i was born in 96*
>>
>>974206
So I am gen x, gen y, and gen useless?
>>
File: spending_time_together.jpg (28KB, 510x327px) Image search: [Google]
spending_time_together.jpg
28KB, 510x327px
>>974849

Yeah, I'm Y,X,milleni-glued to cell phones.

I don't want to be a millennial and don't really relate well to them... I think the lower year requirement should go up at least 1.
>>
>>974662

Those problems could easily be applied to the white working-class.
>>
>>974852

1982-guy here. That's the most striking thing about Millennials. They cannot get off their damn phones, especially smartphones.

I keep my phone and my internet separate.
>>
Parents are boomers. They joined the great white flight from SoCal to Colorado. My dad and family had never been especially /out/ but upon moving to CO my father really embraced the /out/door lifestyle. He was big into hunting and fishing, got me into it. Eventually he stopped caring about /out/ stuff but I never did.
>>
>>974582
Dude I used to jerk off to the lingerie section of the Sears catalog, I was born in 1984.
>>
>>974206
Boomers.

Dad was into power hiking and running triathalons. It's /out/ but painful and not fun.

I go solo at my own pace and spend as much time as i want standing, looking around, catching my breath if i need to.
>>
Boomers. Dad isn't a huge outdoorsman but he did drag my ass out hiking and fishing when all I wanted to do was play vidya, and for that I'm grateful.
>>
>>974206
Boomers
They didn't put me or my siblings in any sort of sports, didn't really encourage us to go outside, and didn't really teach us a whole lot of practical skills
Love them to death, but they sort of forced me to learn a lot on my own
>>
>>974582
i was born 97 and jacked off to playboy magz. I even remember licking paper tits and pussies. what up?
>>
>>974990
Well you sir are the exception to the rule.
>>
>>974990
I was born in 89 and remember the Victoria's Secret catalogs because at the computer with dial up internet and AOL was in the living room and wasn't always the easiest place to beat the meat when family is around.
>>
>>974233
people have no problem spending thousands on boats, gear, lures they will never use but still bitch about having to buy a $10 license
>>
>>974990
1992 here. I had a stack of Victoria's Secret catalogs that I stole from the recycle bin and lent them out to friends. Shit was so cash. I used to take copying paper and trace the underwear models, then draw them nude. I had never seen a naked woman before, so I thought the vagina was on the front of the groin. Simple days.

Now I have to watch anal prolapse annihilation videos while slamming my dick with a toilet seat just to get turned on.
>>
>>974855
so could having too many kids you can't afford
>birthrates goin' back up if we only consider this demographic!
>>
>>975000
did you ever stay up late, parents asleep, volume on the TV as low as it goes... and then...
>steel drums start playing
it's time
>>
>>974307
But who's going to subsidize all your darkie chittlin once there aren't enough productive white people around? Checkmate atheists.
>>
>>975105
'88 here. One time I was on some shitty pictures only website when I was like 9 or 10
>the picture has finally downloaded fuck yissss
Mom pulls into the driveway. OH FUCK OH FUCK. Hit the wrong button. Mother fucker starts to print.
So.
Slowly.
Close all the windows. Frantically run out. Pretend nothings wrong. Help her carry groceries.
>Just slowly slip over to the computer now
"Anon, what are you pri-OH MY GOD".

...and the damn picture still wasn't done printing.

In hindsight I should just unplugged the damn printer.
>>
>>974206
Mine are Gen X (Mom was born in '72).

Most of what impact my /out/-ness was growing up on a hundred acres, which was owned by my grandparents. They would have been "Greatest Generation". I got free run of all that space, my grandma loved flower gardening, my mom and step-dad had a big veggie garden every year.

Gardening is the first big thing I've had in common with my mom. It's nice to be able to have something to talk to her about that isn't gossip.
>>
File: AM radio 1922.jpg (259KB, 1600x1029px) Image search: [Google]
AM radio 1922.jpg
259KB, 1600x1029px
>>974206

49 year old here and both my parents are gone, Dad was born in 1925 and died in 1990 and Mom was born in 1922 and died in 2008.

My dad grew up on a back-woods farm in Poland and had no interest at all in the outdoors, he was all about the comforts of civilization. My Mom was also born in Poland and while she was a urban girl growing up, she had been in girl scouts and gone on camping trips and liked the outdoors (she would still go mushroom picking with other old Polack women unto her 70s).

So I learned about the outdoors thru Boy Scouts, as Dad wasn’t into it and Mom (being a gal) couldn’t go camping with me.
>>
>>975119
I always had HBO which was kinda shitty for cable porn. Cinemax was the best. I remember one time when there was some issue with the cable and we would get all the PPV channels for a couple weeks. I didn't really leave my bedroom during that time. Unfortunately this was probably late 90s or early 00s so even with PPV we didn't have nearly as many channels as now. One HBO, one Showtime, one Cinemax.

My best friend from like 3rd grade thru Junior High, he had Cinemax at his house and it was dope. Then another kid I went to school with, his dad had a black box (hacked cable box) so we got to watch some good porn on that after school before his parents got home from work.
>>
dad '64, mom '65

neither of them were ever into out nor did they encourage me to be. as a kid I used to enjoy building camps from sticks and climb trees in a park near my house. but since it was the suburbs, bitter assholes would complain and tear down our camps etc.

now at 27, I'm only starting to rediscover that joy I used to feel when being in nature. learning a lot of basics about plants, survival techniques, camping ethics right now before I go on longer trips, but I try to spend a few hours at a time practicing these things as often as I can. Ideally I'll be able to live in an off-grid place far away from any large settlements within the next 5-8yrs.
>>
>>974206
Mother and father were boomers, but didn't have kids till the 90s because my father was in the army.

Plenty of time innawoods.
>>
Parents are gen X. Annoying and selfish as fuck. Glad they kicked my brother and I /out/ a lot when we were little.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.