[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it like living bumfuck nowhere with tons of land around?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: 1441141423082.gif (3MB, 359x200px) Image search: [Google]
1441141423082.gif
3MB, 359x200px
How is it like living bumfuck nowhere with tons of land around?
>>
paradise if you're into it. hell if you're not.
>>
I have to watch all youtube videos at 360p
>>
File: 1473442910535.gif (4MB, 253x266px) Image search: [Google]
1473442910535.gif
4MB, 253x266px
>>972886
Small price to pay
>>
>>972886
This frightens me.
>>
File: orchard.jpg (57KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
orchard.jpg
57KB, 960x720px
Gosh I freakin' love it.

I grew up in southern California but am 29 now, been here 12 years and can't imagine going back to anything even close to populated. My county is 35000ish and even then I'm kinda like, man, is there somewhere with even less people?

The shit part is that having this much fed owned land around has downsides to your growth and economy, and their management practices result in more fires and beetle kill than you see on state land, but at least it complements my hobbies.

Also, I can shoot in my back yard and my neighbors are just like, "Hey anon, heard you shooting the other day, cool".
>>
File: PicsArt_03-20-07.48.14.jpg (696KB, 1669x2773px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_03-20-07.48.14.jpg
696KB, 1669x2773px
>>972886
I live deep innawoods far from civilisation. Pic related is the internet tower thing on my house, gives me good quality high speed way out here, all HD with no buffering while streaming at all.
>>
>>972965
What service do you use? Is it satellite? I have satellite and while it works well for most simple things, but it's not the greatest, it's easily taken out by bad weather. Looking to upgrade if possible
>>
>>972970
I use Xplornet, it is satellite I think, but unlike the old dishes, which always went wonky in storms, especially if snow built up on them, these ones never seem to have any problem at all.
>>
>>972973
Interesting, I have Hughes net, but my package has been the same for years so there's probably better options available. I'll check out your service, thanks
>>
>>972974
Xplornet covers all of Canada I think, I get more internet than I can use in a month at great speeds and a house phone for $100 CAD per month. It's not bad at all, I had Rogers before and was not happy with them at all.
>>
>>972976
Well damn, I'm in the US. As convenient as high speed internet is, I wouldn't trade my land for anything, it's the only home I've ever known. How people can just sell off land left to them is beyond me, it's just disgusting.
>>
>>972886
This is true and video game latency is horrendous if you're into that sort of thing, but I'd never trade up to good internet if I have to hear nigs yelling 25/8 again.
>>
>>972879

Nice

I can go /out/ just by walking in my backyard on hundreds of acres (which itself is next to state forests).

Though I've found that about 50 percent of people that come out here don't like it, and move back to the suburbs/cities. Introverts only it seems.
>>
File: Cityfolkbox.jpg (268KB, 420x590px) Image search: [Google]
Cityfolkbox.jpg
268KB, 420x590px
>>972879
>How is it like

Is this how "city-folk" talk?

>>972886
>tfw this was true here until 3 years ago

Now I can shitpost in glorious 1080p.
>>
I piss wherever I want and can shoot guns on my porch.

Trash goes on the burn pile and water comes from a well.

Not many people come by but the stars at night keep me company.

I'm basically a hermit and I'm happy.
>>
>>972973
That's not satellite you idiot. That's a line of site wireless antenna.
>>
>>972974
Hughesnet is total shit. Remember, they are also one of the primary satellite providers for the military. So, whenever some soldier in bumfukistan is on Skype with his brats, you're TV starts to stutter. I don't know how you can put up with the data caps anyway.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (119KB, 695x642px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
119KB, 695x642px
>>974912
>Hughesnet

$%&$*#%^*!!!

I had that company for a year. Worst dog shit you can get. Latency isn't much of a problem since, duh, it is satellite, can't get around that problem. Those data caps are fucking insane and are not calculated correctly. Their customer support was at that time people from India who could barely speak English and didn't know anything about the system.

Oh, and it used dynamic IPs from a single pool of IPs at that time which everyone on the system used which were all banned on just about every website online due to illegal activity.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-22-11-09-10.png (786KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-22-11-09-10.png
786KB, 1080x1920px
The town/area where I live has about 70K, but it doesn't take long to get the fuck away from them
>>
>>972886

The latency and data thresholds are what kill me.

>>972879

Peeing off your front porch is GOAT
>>
>>974910
Oh, I see, thanks, no need to be rude though.
>>
>>973035
> never hearing nigs yelling 25/8 again
Holy shit i have to get out of south jersey. I've never even imagined this as a possibility.
>>
>>972879
I love it. Nice to have a gun if an unexpected vehicle rolls up at night. It's no big deal driving 40 minutes if we feel like hanging out with civilized folk.
>>
>>974914
Can confirm it's still just as bad. Does anyone know what better to use?
>>
>>975190

I have exede, I went that way instead cuz if you go over your data limit they don't charge you they just throttle your speed.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.