[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urbex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

File: urbex_cover.jpg (2MB, 2048x1393px) Image search: [Google]
urbex_cover.jpg
2MB, 2048x1393px
Hi, /out/! I'm thinking about starting urbexing. What should I know about it? What gear should I bring with?
>>
>>972032
Homeless drug addicts
>>
A camera. Take pics, post here
>>
>>972032
Getting arrested for trespassing
>>
>>972983
land of the free!
>>
File: 2847284747728269.jpg (341KB, 1000x944px) Image search: [Google]
2847284747728269.jpg
341KB, 1000x944px
>>972032
Good shoes, a camera with shorter lenses, and for most places a mask with at least P100 filters for asbestos
Don't bring ANYTHING even questionably illegal. This includes knives, spray paint, etc.
If you are caught with anything illegal, you will get fucked by cops. A fine or a felony is only a knife away.
Also, don't take shit.
1. Police will fuck you
2. It's fucking gay
Don't tag shit either unless you're actually a good artist, the amount of faggots who think they're cool and write random shit ruin a lot of spots.
You can post pics of spots or whatever, no one minds, but don't fucking share spots unless you really trust the person. Also don't beg people for spots. No one cares about you, find some shit on your own.
Don't be a faggot to the cops. Almost every time, they're just gonna walk you out if you're not retarded. If you are retarded, or if the cop is pissy, or the spot is too hot and they have to charge people to get the kids to fuck off, you'll get a fine, unless you are a fucking idiot and had paint or something on you.

Basically, don't be fucking stupid.
>>
>>972032
OP if you're going to urbex and you want to minimize any possible problems with law enforcement do this

>dress in bright casual colors, normal street clothes
>make sure to have a camera and multiple photography accessories on you, that are clearly visible etc
>dress light, don't bring a backpack or anything huge like that (a camera pack is fine though)

You also probably shouldn't bring any weapons, as >>973203 said. By doing all these things you'll have a much higher chance of just being told to 'gtfo' should someone report you, as you can play it off pretending you're doing an art project or something or pretend you're a tourist.

Do not go full taticool at all, so no weapons dark clothing combat boots etc just dress in bright colors and act like a retarded art student and you'll likely just be told to go home should you get caught
>>
>>973203
>>973374
Listen to these doods OP. I will recommend you bring pepperspray tho. The amout of meth-heads is pretty high in secluded spots.
As for me personally i take a couple of homemade lockpicks. Easy to make and at the first sign of the lawman they are the very first things i ditch. DONT GET CAUGHT WITH THEM.
>>
Watch out for rotting floors and nomadic criminals/methheads
>>
File: squeal.jpg (59KB, 384x494px) Image search: [Google]
squeal.jpg
59KB, 384x494px
>>972032
>>
>>974460

Street cleaner bristles are the perfect steel for lock picks. You inevitably find them just lying in the road.
>>
>>972032
Trespass on my land and I'll shoot you on sight!

>>975082
>can't afford a $5 lockpic set at gunshow
>>
>>975113
>wanting multiple felony charges
anon you sure are silly
>>
Alternative idea is to dress up in work clothes. Wear a high-vis vest and a hardhat. Carry a clipboard too. Noone will bat an eye in you direction if youre wearing this. That is of course if youre going to a public area.
>>
>>975191
>felony for shooting a trespasser
Not everyone lives in a state that doesn´t respect natural law.
>>
>>976871
was talking about picks
>>
>>975113
t.edgelord
>>
Worst shit that could happen is whatever you're stepping on giving out, which would cause you to fall. That or you fall down an obscured hole in the dark.

Happened to me twice, was fine the first time (fell through old wooden stares), broke my rib second time (fell into a well). Could've died/ended up a cripple. This is the only real danger.

If you're exploring sewers etc add sudden flooding to it, only go in when you're sure there won't be rain or anything for the next few days.

I explored a ton of abandoned/industrial stuff, if you look like a decent person and don't make a fuss the guard likely won't bother to call the cops.

Never saw any drug addicts.

Again, the biggest dangers are stepping on something that breaks or not noticing a hole.
>>
>>974460
>>975082

I present: People who believe TV, pretending they can pick locks. They can't. Picking locks takes hours, and isn't just a matter of wiggling a bent wire around. Plus you don't just need a pick, you also need torsion - Generally a knife or a screwdriver. And the police will do you for going equipped for burglary and/or a weapons charge either way. You don't need lockpicking gear because you're not going to be picking locks, because you have neither the time or the ability, nor the desire to feel a nighstick in your butt.
>>
>>980857
This, bolt cutters do the same job and doesn't take nearly as long
>>
>>980859
>>975191
>>
>>980857
Picking locks isn't easy but, after an hour's practice, some popular locks are surprisingly simple.
>>
>>980857
I actually want to get into it, though I wouldn't be walking around and picking random locks
>>
>>972032

>Flashlight (I always take a head lamp and handheld.)
>Backup flashlight (in case your main one breaks, lost, or your friend is dumbass and forgets his/hers)
>Proper face mask for mold.
>First aid kit (should always carry and be trained in how to use one, just in case)
>Camera.
>Boots (Shoes work, the ankle support is nice. Specially if your foot goes through the floor, you won't roll your ankle)
>>
>>980857
I dont take a whole array of picks just 2. Both have a L shape bend to it so one is a tension while the other has the picking tip. The tips are a City rake and the other a bogota rake. I dont bother single pin picking because too much time. Most locks are masterlocks or similar crappy locks with no security pins so raking them open is easy. Look up BosnianBill on youtube for how to pick & make lockpicks.
No i dont use boltcutters because they are big and difficult to conceal and a cut open lock or chain on a door gate or fence looks suspicious to anyone passing by.
>>
>>981981
Why would you risk the charges with picks?
>>
>>984099
probably worth it to him because of the prospect of cool shit behind a door, plus he makes them himself and dumps them at the first sign of cops.
>>
>>973203
>no knives
Good point. I always carry an EDC folder so I'd probably have forgotten that.

>>980857
>talks about difficulty of picking locks
>Says stupid shit like:
>It takes hours
>You also need torsion - generally a knife or a screwdriver.

You have clearly never picked a lock in your life
>>
So I've found a place to finally urbex. I live in W.Europe so there are pretty much no large derelict buildings anywhere to be found. The spot is an old ~8 story office building in the middle of the city. On the lower floor it's used by an graphic artist, but I'm sure he doesn't sleep there since it's only his atelier/workplace. there are a few other buildings on the same lot which are inhabited by students, but they aren't directly connected to each other.

Entry is possible through an hidden and already open ventilation panel somewhere out of sight. I'm mostly worried about motion sensors still being armed. I've thought about getting in and quickly getting out again through another exit to see if there is any response and find a point of egress.

Otherwise just get in, slip in to staircase and get to the roof of the building with a GoPro harness
>>
File: how2urbex.jpg (4MB, 2560x3864px) Image search: [Google]
how2urbex.jpg
4MB, 2560x3864px
I did a text once
>>
File: spoopy1.jpg (2MB, 1204x2346px) Image search: [Google]
spoopy1.jpg
2MB, 1204x2346px
>>984704
I also did another text, some other time
>>
File: I AM THE STRIELOK.jpg (2MB, 1440x1617px) Image search: [Google]
I AM THE STRIELOK.jpg
2MB, 1440x1617px
>>984705
Go ahead. Take a guess
>>
>>984706
God damn, that's a herd of spergs if I ever saw one.
>>
when this thread dies lets get another /urbex/ + /draining/ + /roofing/ + /etc/ thread going
>>
>>984704
Note that if you carry a gun, armed trespassing is a more serious crime in some jurisdictions.
>>
>>984936
Well, what are you going to do, some people are so insecure in their masculinity that they have to tote a fucking hand cannon around everywhere they go.
>>
>>984939
>implying there's anything wrong with this
>mfw Europeans will never know the simple joys of camping with a few dozen semi-automatics, around ten mosin nagants, an unknown but high number of pistols and a BOYS antitank rifle

But yeah, if you're going to intentionally commit a minor crime, don't bring a gun. It's bad form.
>>
>>984939
I'm not really agains the idea of concealed carry, but I do believe that in the US, a CCW permit is way too easy to get for any retard who wants one in case he comes across a "bad guy", like they say. Too many people think they're Dirty fucking Harry, is what I'm saying. I'm in favor of the responsible use of firearms. Also, a bunch of morons seem to only carry guns as a political statement. Fuck that.
>>
>>984946
>>984952
Fuck me and my replying to my own shit.
>>
>>984952
Well, people in the US with a concealed carry permit are only about a quarter as likely to commit a felony as people without them.

It's just that in a country of 300,000 people, one in a million means that it happens every day, so you get heavily publicized bullshit.

>also, Zimmerman did literally nothing wrong
>>
>>984964
A lot of those are still retarded rednecks with a cringey political agenda, though.

+You're right, he didn't do anything wrong until he stalked and killed a piece of farm equipment.
>>
File: burns internally.png (200KB, 424x449px) Image search: [Google]
burns internally.png
200KB, 424x449px
>>984969
Typically, rednecks have a much louder bark than bite.

They have a lot of machismo in their culture, but West Virginia is much safer than Detroit.

The real industrial strength retards never bother with paperwork, anyway, even if it's legal and easy.

Also, Zimmerman was volunteering as neighborhood watch because a bunch of houses got broken into. He was on the phone next to his truck when he got sucker punched.

>mfw /k/ in the month or so after Trayvon got shot

Polite sage for off topic discussion.
>>
>>984975
Yeah, I agree. I'm going to leave now, I just wanted to make the farm equipment joke.
>>
>>980857
What if i have the ability to pick locks and have desire to have a nightstick up my ass?
>>
File: DSC_0255.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0255.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
some pics i took on an old train bridge over the red river
shouts to whoever can tell me where it is.
1/4
>>
File: DSC_0259.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0259.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
>>985131
2/4
>>
File: DSC_0256.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0256.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
>>985132
3/4
>>
File: DSC_0260.jpg (1MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0260.jpg
1MB, 3920x2204px
>>
>>984645
Forgot to explicitly mention that I was planning on doing this alone. None of my friends have the balls to do something like this
There aren't hobo's or weak floors that can collapse anywhere, so I don't really see why I couldn't go at it alone.

Worst thing that could happen is that the motion alarm is still armed during the night and connected to a security service which would check out the building.
>>
>>985198
What is on the top floors? Unless it's some cool shit the risk to reward ratio is off here.
>>
File: 1479200278685.png (154KB, 485x473px) Image search: [Google]
1479200278685.png
154KB, 485x473px
>>985198
>>984645
Also, don't only get caught on buildings, there is much more than that to urbex.
>>
>>985416
Nothing except for the view... which is the sole purpose of urbexing... Leave nothing but footsteps, take nothing but pictures... right? Don't know what cool shit you're possibly referring to, don't think there is any cool shit anywhere, except for the thrills and the views.

If I had 100 bucks to spare I'd plant an illegal PMR 446 (European GMRS) simplex radio repeater up on the roof.

Also: bringing lockpicks y/n?

>>985419
>ships
no ships near
>construction sites
nowadays has CCTV all over the building site, their response time isn't funny anymore to construction trespassers
>ruins
literally no ruins. Everything remotely habitable around here is inhabitated by anti-squatter residents placed there by the building or lot owner. Like said in >>984645, there are people who live in a building on the same lot where I want to urbex, to scare people from B&E'ing. You don't wanna run in to them. Anything derelict or in ruins has to be demolished, which happens really fucking quick around here.
>drains
drains are not more than a foot wide here
>bunkers and silos
all fallout shelters were backfilled with concrete around 2000 around here
>>
>>985924
>Nothing except for the view... which is the sole purpose of urbexing
sorry it had to end this way anon
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.