[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beach camping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Want to set up on a beach for a week this summer. Problem is finding a place that's not crowded and with trucks running up and down.
>>
File: rs-225012-The_Beach_2000_15_.jpg (45KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
rs-225012-The_Beach_2000_15_.jpg
45KB, 700x394px
There's a movie about that
>>
There's some pretty awesome hike-in beach camping on the Olympic Peninsula.
>>
>>971661
The wind would rip that shit to ribbons.
>>
>>971688
So is there a specific/special tent I should buy?
>>
>>971699
Yea its called those trucks you hate.

Every single time i have ever pitched a tent at the beach it ends up with 1/8 inch of sand on the bottom inside. The wind is fucking relentless at the beach except in the hottest parts of summer.

Just set up a tarp for the daytime and plan on sleeping inside something solid at night. Or just pitch your tent as you are going to sleep. But you will still get sandy.

I beach camp all the time in my truck. I have a camper shell for sleeping and i set up a tarp for daytime.
>>
>>971712
Hmm camper shell. Can I ask what model and why u picked that
>>
>>971724
I have no idea what model i was i bought it a long time ago. I never intended on using it at the beach i just noticed one day while looking for sand releif that it took on almost no sand with windows cracked and top vent open as opposed to every tent i ever tried. It's on the back of a 2010 f150 6.5 bed if that helps.
>>
>>971661
get a boat with an outboard.

cruise off the coast till you find a good spot.

run yourself aground and anchor off.
>>
Another trick that people seem to not understand is it isn't the salt that makes you icky so much, its the sand. Sea water is fine to wash with if you let it settle. Take a 5 gallon bucket and fill it up. After a few hours it will be pretty clear with sand at the bottom. The clear water is good for washing yourself off before entering a tent or vehicle. Or for bathing with liquid not bar soap if you are desperate.
>>
>>971661
I see threads like this on /out/ every now and then. I always recommend Cape Lookout NC. I have been camping there for years. Have went days without seeing another person. You just got too get away from the light house. If you bringa sea kayak you can explore some of the other islands. Just beware of the wild horses on shackleford.

https://www.nps.gov/calo/index.htm
>>
>>971822
Thanks anon I'll look into that one
>>
>>971728
I like this. Seems really easy. Anyone else beach camp like this?
>>
I just spent 3 months camping on the beach in mexico inna van
ama
>>
>>972775
Did the federales fuck with you?

Only time i ever got run up on by federales was by the guatemalan border but if we hadn't had a nataive speaker with us they might have shot us. Federales don't play.
>>
When i was in Florida i was planning on doing some beach camping in the indian river but never got the chance to, instead i just stayed up all night on an inflatable sofa/awning on coacoa beach. Was amazing cant wait to go back
>>
>>972779
They searched my car at checkpoints , so did the military.
Everyone was cool though, they want tourists to visit baja so they are nice to you.
>>
>>972792
How much did u spend per month down there? Im guessing u r the autist that used to post the
>should i take my chainsaw to baja
Threads a few months ago
>>
>>971661
Padre Island in Texas can be cool for beach camping. You can have open fires on the beach. It can get windy so get tent anchors that dig into the sand rather than little Walmart pegs
>>
What fucked up countries let you drive your vehicles on the beach?!
>>
>>972895
Found the envirotard
>>
>>972867
Padre island is one of the most crowded driving beaches in texas. And im guessing you are talking about north padre because south padre, while it has near pristine water, is a fucking tourist trap.

All beaches not inside city limits in texas allow camping. Just south of high island is a great little beach. Galveston county but completely seperate from the rest so you might see one cop a day.

If you camp neara freeport you might see one cop a week. I spent a month on that beach last summer and im just waiting for the water to get above 75 now
>>
>>973055
>above 75
Dude why?
>>
>>973063
Because im a giant faggot pussy when it comes to water. I was raised in galveston and am used to 80+

I went to san deigo in august once and noped out. Fuck cold water.
>>
>>973066
I wear a springsuit below 72 and its pretty comfy.
>>
>>973070
Back when i was a kid a rashguard shirt helped in colder months.

But a fat 35 year old in a rash guard shirt? Id rather die of hypothermia.
>>
>>972775
What did u use for cooking?
>>
>>971661
You usually don't want to sleep on sand because it's fucking freezing.
>>971688
I've never lost a tent but I've lost tarps and canopies we had rigged as windshields.
The beach be windy kids.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.