[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trail Running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 20170313_201009.png (338KB, 1439x1516px) Image search: [Google]
20170313_201009.png
338KB, 1439x1516px
Trail runner fag here. Post shoes, favorite places to run, tips, etc
Pic related
>>
>>971616
I am definitely a hoka. My big toe is in the middle.
>>
I wonder how it would even be possible for the arch for the foot to accomodate to such a strange layout of the fingers
>>
>>971616
The fuck? Is this real? That hoka picture looks like the foot of a fucking monster.
>>
>>971616
>Hoka
What in all of the fucks
>>
File: n0HI4Ee.jpg (60KB, 604x413px) Image search: [Google]
n0HI4Ee.jpg
60KB, 604x413px
>>971616
>>971718
Fucking WHAT? Post a picture of your foot right now. I have never heard of this abnormality and I need to see it to believe it.
>>
>>971999
I dont have thumbs so i can't post pictures. But don't trust your knowledge and experience, trust random media.
>>
>>972001
How can you type words with spaces in between them?
>>
>>972003
I use my middle big toes
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-19-12-03-08.png (931KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-19-12-03-08.png
931KB, 1440x2560px
>>971616
I had Saucony trail sneakers like pic related and I absolutely loved them. I used them as hiking shoes and climbed some sick rocks in Sedona , did some grand canyon in them, did some smol mountains out east, and used them as just general running shoes for like two and a half years and no problem.
>>
>>971718
>>972001
>>972005

Is your benis also deformed?

Please post pic in /hm/.
Please I would really like to see hoka benis.
>>
>>971616
>wearing shoes
I used to have no end of pain and tried all kinds of shoes. I generally just wear thin huaraches these days and my feet got better.
>>
>>971899
>>971718
>>971999
ITT Trail runners are idiots.
>>
File: 1.jpg (116KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
116KB, 1000x700px
Thinking about getting my first trail runners.
Does anybody have any experience with saucony excursion tr10 gtx? Pic related
>>
>>974919
I'm into as little shoe as possible too. I use a pair of five-fingers but can't find anything better. I've tried Merrel trail gloves, didn't like 'em.

I bought a huarache kit from xero shoes, followed the instructions carefully, and tried running in them ~25mi total over three different runs, and couldn't get the hang of them.

Do you have any tips on using them or good tying styles? I really want to like 'em but they flop around too much for me and I tense my feet too much trying to keep them in place.
>>
>Hoka
Humans aren't meant to have 2 inches of blown rubber and foam under their feet. There's an argument if you stand on hard paved surfaces all day, but trail running?

The human foot already comes with everything you need. Strengthen your feet instead of bracing them. Would you wear a cast if your arm wasn't broken?

Best thing I ever did was go minimal. I can't even wear Nike Frees anymore; too much cushion.
>>
>>975136
they also arent meant to shitpost on a north korean anonimous hacker gay platform, but here we are
>>
>>971616
Asics are glorious and shoes last ~100% longer than what the sales people say. Exposed rock will, in general be more slippery than a bed of organic matter. Rocks + sand can be bad too with downhill being the worst.

Not sure about alpine or desert courses but I've done half marathon on Atlantic Forest trails will high quality non-waterproof running shoes. If you are within 300 miles of the Eastern Seaboard then buy shoes are REI is a bad idea. You'd be better off at a place that also sells racing flats/studs.
>>
>t.naturalistic fallacy
>>
For the longest time I was a huge Puma fan. I have really small feet for a guy (size US 7.5-8) and they were one of the only brands I could find that stores carried in my size that also looked and fit well. However my local Dicks started carrying Nike Free RN's and I got a pair in black and I'm hooked. They're so comfortable to wear I often just wear them around my house, I can run miles in them fine. The only issue I have, is they do chafe my heel, however I wear ankle cut socks that are made for size 6-8 which are slightly too small because for some fucking reason I can never find a size between slightly too small and comically too big.
>>
File: IMG_20170307_075616.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170307_075616.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
Saucony Peregrine 6 for me. I was using a pair of Asics Gel Fuji Racers previously but those fell apart after 500km+. The Sauconys don't drain water as well but they're a lot more comfy for longer runs.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.