[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Usefull but rarely mentioned items.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 15

File: DSCF1844.jpg (1MB, 2136x2848px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1844.jpg
1MB, 2136x2848px
I was thinking about starting a thread like that for some time now.
I'll put the few things I carry, maybe give some ideas to some, maybe others will post some interesting ideas too.

>> Compact sewing set.
This never gets mentioned, maybe young people today no longer know how to sew, but think about how stupid you'd feel, if you would rip your wardrobe or a backpack stripe in the middle of nowhere and had no way to temporary repair it.
>>
>>Small pliers

I prefer Swiss knife & small pliers to Leatherman.
They aren't heavy, that tiny compact one on the left weighs nothing - but I haven't tested it in the woods yet, maybe it's too small.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (254KB, 739x656px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
254KB, 739x656px
>>971321
Forgot pic...
>>
File: DSCF1849.jpg (1MB, 2136x2848px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1849.jpg
1MB, 2136x2848px
>>Tiny glowlight the size of a match

We are all familiar with glow sticks, but not everyone knows about this one. Don't know how it's called in english, this is something designated for people who go fishing at night, they attach it to the float.
It proved to be very useful while out.
If you hold it like a cigarette it works like those tiny pocket flashlights, you can easily read a book with it, hanged in the tent will give enough light to do everything you need. They are cheap, surprisingly bright, disposable, and weightless.
>>
File: DSCF1848.jpg (1MB, 2848x2136px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1848.jpg
1MB, 2848x2136px
>> Old military stove fuel for starting fires

When I was experimenting with different fuels for my Esbit, I came across this. Probably not produced anymore.
It's not good for cooking - it burns too fast, and the fumes are very toxic - I once inhaled them by accident, and now I know how soldiers in WW1 trenches felt. When I read what's in it I got scared.
BUT - it ignites a lot better than the standard fuel tablets, it will catch fire even if it's wet, and it produces a very hot flame, so I use it to start fire, gets shit done a lot faster than using other methods. The only thing even better is using gasoline or propane torch.
>>
File: DSCF1851.jpg (1MB, 2136x2848px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1851.jpg
1MB, 2136x2848px
>> Isolation tape

This is a relict from communist times, when we had no power tape, so people ware forced to use bandied tape or this. I know it's in use in the west too, saw it on a soldier in Battlefield 4 :-P
It's light, waterproof & very strong.
I also carry some zap-straps in my backpack all the time, they weight nothing and can be very useful.
>>
File: little faggots.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
little faggots.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
>> Paracord Camping Hiking Tightening Hook Tent Wind Rope Buckle Camping Cord Outdoor Binoculus Hanger Buckles Fixing Tool whatever you call it in English.

Those little fuckers. I love them.
I suck at knots so those are insanely helpful for me, they get the job done.
>>
Mass spectrometer
>>
Impact driver
>>
Tactical buttplug.
>>
File: banging.gif (645KB, 480x180px) Image search: [Google]
banging.gif
645KB, 480x180px
>>971326
Now if these weren't one use items.
So i still prefer those tube thingies with a shiny end and a battery (not suitable for fishing though).
>>
>>971352
Yea but it's a good addition.
When I'm camping in larger groups, I also attach those to tent ropes, people tripping over tent ropes in the night is a plague. (Especially after drinking).
>>
File: IMG_2994.jpg (46KB, 900x301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2994.jpg
46KB, 900x301px
>>971322
What do you use them for? You might be better off with some forceps instead and those will be lighter anyway. I always get ones like pic related, the medical ones that lock and have the curved tip.
>>
>>971362
80% for handling hot things while cooking, 10% and for tightening knots, 10% for other stuff.
>forceps
That's actually not a bad idea, might be even better at taking cups from the fire due to length.
I have a few, I'd just have to blunt those teeth that keep them locked.
>>
>>971380
You might actually like the locking mechanism. When you're handling hot shit, just lock onto em and it will be easier to handle the thing and do whatever. Only downside is they aren't quite as good for tightening nuts and bolts but you will be able to remove splinters better than with the regular pliers.
>>
>>971423
Yes, you're right, I forgot they are quite bendable due to length, so I can lock it even on thick object like cup handle.
>>
>>971427
>to remove splinters better than with the regular pliers.
For that I prefer to open the wound with syringe needle than take object out with tiny tweezers, but I didn't want to write that cause I expected medfags to go nuts over it.
>>
>>971429
Lel most of the time you can just peel away a little of the top layer of skin if you can't get the splinter. Not like you are opening up the wound. But it's probably good to have some small tweezers in the FAK anyway.
>>
>>971433
Lets not turn it into a cockfight, bro, I was talking from personal experience.
>>
>>971340
This
>>
Three cans of this for each day /out/.
>>
File: 1489673479906.png (43KB, 618x345px) Image search: [Google]
1489673479906.png
43KB, 618x345px
>>971317
I always have it with me, I got it to good use yesterday. When the cheap ass backpack of my pal ripped apart.
I am actually relatively young, and yes, it's a fact that it's like magic to a few of my age. They have never tried it. They just replace the shit and don't even bother about repairing it.
>>
>>971943
Good lad.
>>
>>971331
Its called electrical tape. Are you some kind of weird slav or something?
>>
>>973498

>Its called electrical tape. Are you some kind of weird slav or something?

Now what would make you say that. :)

>a relict from communist times, when we had no power tape, so people ware forced to use bandied tape or this.

I'll cont. in a second, taking pics.
>>
>>971326
Yea they're just called fishing lights. Used them in the military for night exercises because you can definitely see a retard getting lost with this on his helmet.
>>
>>971329
Why not try hexamine in a Tommy cooker
Fumeless and cheap
>>
>>973838
>Used them in the military for night exercises because you can definitely see a retard getting lost with this on his helme
Thats where I first came across them too.
Typed to the back of the helmet with electric tape so only like 2mm is visible, different colours for different squads sometimes.

>>973839
When using fuel for cooking, I prefer those Esbit tablets.
>>
I'll make an infographic on it later on. Will be more useful.
>>
>>971317
>>971326
Nice to see fellow country man here.
Witam i pozdrawiam!

>>971355
> (Especially after drinking)
Which is quite popular in Poland...

>>971943
This right here. I'm so fed up with my generation (and even more with younger ones), who don't know how to fix stuff and just buy new replacements.

>>973498
It's used by electricians for isolation, so yeah in most slav countries we call it "isolation tape".
>>
Nice to see this thread. May i ask what you actually do OP? Just Hiking, Camping, Backpacking For extended Periods of time?
>>
>>973944
Not really, mostly just post here and /v/
>>
>>971321

I second this, I have a pair of small locking pliers, tons of different uses for the little fuckers but most often used to take pots and pans out of the fire. Makes the whole affair as easy as taking a pan out of an oven with a mitt.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (336KB, 725x854px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
336KB, 725x854px
>>973944
I don't hike much because my knees are shot.
Sure I went a few times with parents & friends when I was younger, but now, my outdoor experiences are usually limited to milsim & military training exercises (some can be pretty hard), and stand-alone walkabouts for a few days to catch a breath from the life.

Ok this thing might get me bashed, but whatever. :P
For quite a while I wanted to have 2 things: Somethiing like a mini-lantern, (because I have dead-batteries paranoia, and because they look cool), and something to keep the cup warm.
As you all know, when it's outumn/winter/spring tea gets cold very fast, so it's frustrating. There are tiny lanterns, but they are too fragile.
UCO micro lantern is very cool, but nobody sells them in Poland and I don't feel like paying extra for shipping.
So one day I came up with this idea that's works excellent for me:
I had a metal box in witch a Casio wristwatch came, and it turned out, it's perfect for what I needed - no glass, but wind won't blow out the flame, ultra-light, and fits perfectly into a cup. All I needed was to install 3 bolts for the candle to stay in place.
Call me a spoiled ass princess, but I carry it everywhere now. :)
>>
>>971317
safety pins
>>
>>971331
2nd this, Very useful for small injuries, remarkably strong for 'wrapping' type repairs to equipment, and can be written on with a sharpie,

Also, it leaves little to no residue behind once removed.

Good choice Polish anon.
>>
>>974285
looks cool. I got this Coleman lantern recently, but can't heat anything with it. But it will be a lot better when the power goes out than this dinky flashlight. but idk c clamps are good for strapping something to a table to sharpen it.
>>
>>973919
Siema.
>>
>>974381
Jeśli mieszkasz w okolicach Krakowa i masz jakieś braki w wyposażeniu to informacja dla Ciebie: zamykają sklep stacjonarny moko.pl i są niezłe przeceny i zniżki. Niestety asortyment już mocno przebrany.
>>
>>973868
>I'll make an infographic!!!
Please no.
>>
>>974395
Dzięki. Wpadł bym ale nie mam maski p-gaz. :)
>>
>>974974
Racja, że powietrze nie najczystsze, ale obecnie nie ma tragedii, wiatr całkiem nieźle wywiał ten syf z Krakowa. Najgorzej jest w zimie, normy przekraczane kilkukrotnie i jebie jak się chodzi na zewnątrz.
>>
>>971334
Guy-line
>>
>>971317
>get conscripted to military
>gear is cheap shit
>everybodys pants rip every time there's a surprise attack on the camp and you start moving fast
>learn to sew pants when winter comes and balls breeze gets col
>add sewing kit to civilian /out/ gear
>>
>>971326
>świetlik
Witam kolegę
>>
File: 1490271052329.jpg (47KB, 398x356px) Image search: [Google]
1490271052329.jpg
47KB, 398x356px
>>975717
>camping in the woods
>midnight swines tear open my tent.
>Panic mode.jpg
>Quickly shove the one out of my tent with a quick kick
>thank god this was a little one instead of a huge beast
>Take out my torch and deoderant
>Use it as a flamethrower to scare those beasts away
>oh hey, it actually worked.
>Realize I still had to repair my tent and move it away to avoid those things coming back
And that's why I always have sewing gear and a canister filled eith aeresol or any flamable gas that I can point to a specific target.
>>
>>975724
Szalom! :P

OP here, I was in Ikea yesterday, found some tealight holders that can serve the same purpose as >>974285
>>
>>976796
Cool story bro.
Deo actually makes sense, usually on the way back I smell like shit and if I'm using pubic transport...
>>
>>977645
I always use rolling deo, because it isn't like making a blast area of strong smell. But I use the spray deo as utility to start fires and scare of animals. The sell them in really small cans these days.
>>
File: 1830.jpg (7KB, 369x318px) Image search: [Google]
1830.jpg
7KB, 369x318px
>>977648
>The sell them in really small cans these days.
They do, and they have higher pressure, I think. I use it, always one in my backpack.
I think the temp. of the flame is to low for firestarter, but I might be wrong, haven't tried it yet, I did brought a pencil-torch a few times with me, though. But they have problems with sealment, though... Gas leaks. Shitty chink made trash...
>>
>>977670
Oh hey, those look cool too. Nice for a compact kit.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.