[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outdoors Law

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 1488766409336.jpg (328KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488766409336.jpg
328KB, 1200x900px
I'm new to the outdoors thing. What are some general rules of thumb to keep out of trouble? What are some of the laws I might want to know about? Other than the obvious. I know it will vary with local laws based on location, I'm in the US by the way.
>>
>>971131
Ya don't spit into the wind.
>>
>>971132
Spitting in the wind won't get me arrested or a ticket.
>>
>>971134
You also shouldn't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger or mess around with Jim.
>>
>1. you do not talk about the outdoors

>2. you DO NO TALK ABOUT THE OUTDOORS

>3. wear sunscreen

/reddit
>>
always tell someone where you plan to go and how long you will be gone
bonus points if you get a tracker that will send SAR if you get into shit
>>
>>971131
sea bear circle and a bunch of zip ties is all i need
>>
>>971149
I love Jim Croce
>>
not official laws, but:
Leave no trace
stay on trails
be prepared
stay hydrated
>>
>>971918
>stay on trails
pussy
>>
>>971131

in the world of camping there is a difference between what the law says and how it will be applied. outside of fires playing a little dumb and being polite goes a long way. "oh my apologies sir-- i didn't notice the sign we will be on our way you will never see us here again" Being loud, being sloppy, and lighting fires in pleases where it is not allowed are how people get tickets and fines.

hunting and (and to a lesser extent fishing) is a whole different beast-- you should call the ranger station closest to where you are heading out beforehand. unless its close to closing time they will be delighted to answer your questions. hunting is not a situation where its easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
>>
When you're confused and don't know where you're going, keep going. Turn around if you don't recognize the landmarks within 30 minutes. You have to be firm to be good at orienteering
>>
>>971131
>pro tip
If no one sees you do it then you've broken no laws in the eyes of man.
>>
File: 1484638388929.png (306KB, 2880x2880px) Image search: [Google]
1484638388929.png
306KB, 2880x2880px
>>971918
>leave no trace
>mfw i leave graff when i go urbexing
>>
>>973990
>>965356
scumbag
>>
>>973990
Good job, real men always leave a trace. If you don't leave a mark showing you conquered something you are likely a nu-male who does around picking up garbage
>>
leave poops in the best place for a tent. lol jk.
>>
>>974049
>being this insecure about being a man
makes you not a man
>>
>>974049
overcompensating fro something?
>>
File: it's a dare.jpg (183KB, 653x871px) Image search: [Google]
it's a dare.jpg
183KB, 653x871px
>>971918
>stay on trails
Yeah. You see, there was a trail there. They just put a fence in front of it - a fence that was really easy to climb.
>>
>>974215
>area gets totally stomped by people walking on it
>plants crushed
>erosion
>agency in charge of land tries to give it a break
>puts fence around it
>wants land to heal
>some asshole thinks he's better than everyone else and hops the fence
>>
>>974227
>agency closes off best view because the "work" they did fucking failed miserably
>agency decides to screw everyone out of best view because their "improvement" to the trail wrecked it
>people who pay these fucking morons decide they'll go see it anyway
>some bootlicker gets triggered
ftfy
>>
>>974168
I'm a woman you brainlet fag
>>
>>974215
That's what your park fees get spent on, signs and fences closing off areas so the rangers don't have to leave their cozy offices
>>
>>971131
Bird law in this country doesn't follow any logic.
>>
>>974049
this is why good places get ruined.
please respect nature so everyone can enjoy it un-mutilated by people.

Also, be grateful for people picking up garbage; no one likes finding their favorite /out/ spots full of litter.
>>
The 7 leave no trace principles pretty much cover everything.
>>
>>973945
OP said "I'm new to the outdoors thing", lets start OP off without trailblazing into what he/she assumes to be the right direction.
>>
>>971131

Make sure you poop in rivers. It cleans your butt and is more healthy for the environment.

Break in your boots before going on a hike with all your gear.

If you see any wild life that looks like a threat, make sure you body slam it.

Bring multiple fire starters, cause one is none, two is one and three is better (Bic, fire steel, make the third what ever you want.)

Never bring an axe, you can baton every thing with a big ass knife.

Always tell some one where you're going, when you should be back

Use the edge of your blade on your fire striker, this produces even more sparks.

If any dangerous animals live in the area, than cook your food away from camp, store that shit in the trees.

If you see a bear, assault it with harsh words and run.

Bring good amount of rope and learn knots.
>>
>>974453
No it isn't since you pick up the trash for me. The outdoors gets ruined by poverty or population growth. Both of which are promoted by the establishment
>>
File: 1451171453319.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1451171453319.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>974507
>Never bring an axe, you can baton every thing with a big ass knife.
>>
File: rock push.webm (2MB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
rock push.webm
2MB, 940x529px
Always look up on the cliffs cause I might be up there.
>>
>>974619
Is that Byron glacier?
>>
File: boulder push.webm (3MB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
boulder push.webm
3MB, 940x529px
>>974622
No.
>>
>>974619
Or a fucking mountain lion thats been stalking you for the past hour
>>
>>974623
pls more rock webms

thanks in advance based bigfoot
>>
>>974619
>>974623

I'm on to you Russian Bear! I have been pushing all the rocks down near my homeland for the past 5 years! You will have no more fun here Bear!
>>
>>974346
>in a thread about rules
You know the rules
>>
>>974603
Because strangers will clean up after you doesn't entitle you to make a mess.

The outdoors gets ruined my more than that.
I like my nature to look like nature and not a city park, with carved on trees, trampled down grass, garbage here and there, and graffiti all over benches and trash cans.
I go out to get away from that, and hope people like you understand the effects of "leave no trace"
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.