[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0059.png (168KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0059.png
168KB, 640x1136px
would this tent be any good for me?

>5'11
>150 lbs
>camp mostly in piedmont SC
>>
link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006V2B2I/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_1?colid=3EQINSLHFO8WK&coliid=IIN6C0HLE5D6A
>>
sure

/thread
>>
>>970379
how does a tent weigh 150 lbs wtf??!?!?!
>>
looks fine, might want some bug/misquote netting. nothing worse than sitting in the woods getting ate alive by misquotes.
>>
File: tento.png (12KB, 90x90px)
tento.png
12KB, 90x90px
i got this for 21.99 use to be 50.00 amazon
>>
>>970511
yours looks like a thicker tougher tent tough. this thing is razor thin. lol
>>
>>970514
but that tent looks heavy. so don't forget you got to carry that.
>>
>>970514

how the fuck can you tell that when the pic is retardedly small
>>
>>970379
I have the texsport one. same thing. packs fairly small and decently light, you'll need to waterproof it (be sure you do!), and it doesn't breathe that great. I'm 6'2" and 150lb and it fits me with some space on the side for my stuff. heavy tarp material tub is ideal and no issues with ground seep. My main issue has been with condensation as I said but it's manageable.
Setup is quite fast actually. I recommend changing the guy lines to something stronger and the pegs to hedgehogs if not in real rocky soil. In theory you can leave the poles at home and use some meter high branches with a small peg hole carved on the top. Also if for backpacking you can sew up a decently compact stuff sack for the thing or maybe even just buy an aftermarket sleeping back compression sack to store it in. you can find youtube reviews of the texsport 2 man trail tent and it's the same thing.

>>970507
it's built in on the front opening and back window actually.
>>
>>970379
I pitch better tents every morning for free.
>>
>>970517
it's not terrible. Not ultralight but it's not really that heavy. Couple of pounds I'd guess. You can save a lot of weight by making poles and pegs in the field if you have the materials and inclination. So you're just left with the tent and lines. For the price it's not a terrible choice. Even if you want to upgrade later.

I have a 32L pack and I get this, a 0C down bag, a klymit static v2 air matress and a luci light in comfortably with about 1/5 of the pack still empty. luckily it opens up to around 40L so then I can throw clothes as well and basic food...
>>
why not just hammock instead?
>>
>>970511
What is this a tent for ants
>>
File: TEXSPURRT.jpg (186KB, 1280x720px)
TEXSPURRT.jpg
186KB, 1280x720px
>>970379
I would say the texsport one that this anon >>971114 talked about would be better.

It's only like $2 or $4 more but it actually has a rear window which would make all the difference for ventilating that thing. It's also a little bigger but not much heavier.
>>
>>970379
I had this tent and I hated it, i managed to kick the stupid pole in the middle of the doorway that supports it over Every time I got in and out. Buy a Coleman dome tent if you want something cheap that you won't regret buying as much. There is not much room and so many better options for backpacking or w/e
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.