[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tent recommendations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: Underground-tube-tent.jpg (137KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
Underground-tube-tent.jpg
137KB, 700x467px
Dear /out, which tent maker and model can you warmly recommend?

I'm looking to expand my myopic websearch filter bubble.

inb4 how u plan to use it: mostly 1, max 2 persons; temp range from -10 C to max +30 C, yes for winter but not coldest time, taiga/temperate broadleaf biomes; wind-tolerant, no alpine use, no climbing use
>>
>>969264
What's your price range? What do you prioritize the most: comfort or portability?
>>
Tents don't have temperature ranges.
>>
>>969265
Price max 1 k EUR.
Comfort vs. portability: I prefer comfort I guess, I can trade a few hundred grams in favor of comfort but not kilo or more
>>
File: 1.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
>>969264
Without going into specific brands I'd first look at the layout. I assume that you want the thing to be as light and compact as possible while still be good for 2 people backpacking.

Since you won't be using this for extreme winter conditions you don't need a huge apsis, you just need to be able to have a sleeping compartment that fits two and room for your gear. There's the classic tunnel-tent where you have an elongated shape with a sleeping compartment and a shared apsis on front of that.
Then there's the one in pic related where there's two smaller apsis. I own the HubbaHubba NX myself which has the latter. I really like the fact that when using it two people we both have our own entrance and apsis to store our gear in. The down side with this small apsis is that there's only just enough room there to have a backpack lying in one end and have space for getting out/cooking in the other.
>>
>>969268
If you prefer portability and all-season performance, the Hilleberg Anjan cannot be beaten.
>>
>>969276
>>969271

Thanks anons. The point about layouts is much appreciated. Now I need to take a really good look at Anjan and the HubbaHubba NX.
>>
File: taurus 2.jpg (49KB, 900x633px) Image search: [Google]
taurus 2.jpg
49KB, 900x633px
I got myself a Alps Mountaineering Taurus 2 person.

I spent two seperate week long canoeing trips in one with two people per tent and they worked great through sun and rainstorms.

>https://www.midwayusa.com/product/299250/alps-mountaineering-taurus-2-dome-tent
>>
>>969271
This anon has the right idea, layout can make a huge difference for you. I personally LOVE vesitbules and wouldn't ever buy another tent without them, it's really nice being about to keep shoes out of the tent interior without getting them wet.

I've been using a Kelty TN2 for the past 2 years and I love it, extremely portable along with being super comfy, would highly recommend. The vestibule + rain fly roll up from the top end of the tent to give you a phenomenal view at night and if it starts raining it's really easy to wrap it back down without getting out of the tent. Price is around $200-250, so somewhere around 170 Euro I think?

Another thing to keep in mind with a tent for winter is to make sure it has some sort of vent holes - if you don't, you're gunna wake up to a TON of condensation. It's pretty wild how much can build up in there.
>>
>>969306

The HubbaHubba is a good one, had it myself for a long time and used it a lot in all kinds of climates and conditions. Now replaced with Nemo Hornet 2P for summer and MSR Access 2 for winter trips.
>>
I really like my Marmot limelight 3p
>>
>>969268
Just get a cheap dome tent and use it, then find out where it needs imporovement.

For dome tents subtract at least 15cm from the footprint size to get your usable space as you don't want your face and feet against the tent walls.
>>
>>969310
This tent looks like what I'm looking for. Do you use it for 2 people or just yourself?
>>
File: 2069355_orig.jpg (316KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
2069355_orig.jpg
316KB, 1100x733px
I've got the vango blade 200, I've managed to fit myself a German shepherd and some gear in. It's light enough for me but I'm no lightweight purist.
Also quick to put up on my own
>>
>>969508
Its the blade anon again! Tried it in the rain yet?
>>
File: IMAG0272.jpg (3MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0272.jpg
3MB, 5376x3024px
>>969513
I was hoping for rain last night but nothing! Dry as fuck.
>>
>>969517
Barrel barbecue looks comfy as fuck, used to make those in the scouts
Curious what sleeping bag/mat you use too, my dog would trash my down bag and i cant take him out in winter anyway cos the grounds too cold
>>
>>969532
Funnily enough it was a scout camp but the guy let's me stay every now and then.
I've got a oex compact 2.5 and vango kakuna bag (they both came with the tent) the sleeping bag was utter shite! Doggo was on a roll mat and an old army 95 sleeping bag I'd unzipped but I won't do that again as it was too Fucking heavy! I'm thinking just a fleece blanket folded a few times when we go again
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.