[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Juniper Trees

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Is anyone familiar with growing juniper trees? I've grown several oaks from acorns and there's some junipers near my place and I'd like to grow more, but I don't know how.
>>
>>968254
Use google, you stupid motherfucker
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
And here's what the seeds/acorns/whatever-you-call-them look like
>>
>>968260
>Use google, you stupid motherfucker
>>
>>968254
I started out with one juniper tree and the birds loved the berries so much that they spread them everywhere, now I have new juniper sprouting up like weeds
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 251x251px
>>968258
>use Google
Then why does this place even exist? Why are you here?
>>
>>968254
I really like gin, it's flavoured with juniper berries
>>
If you know how to vegetative cutting, you wouldn't be asking, so second best is juniper propigation by root cuttings or stooling.
Seeds will work, but you must take the time to research the requirements of the genus.
Plant propigation techniques are too nuanced to learn on a Sengalese finger painting website.
Once they are growing, Juniperus are easy to transplant and withstand harsh conditions except too much shade and too much water.
>>
I used to have a juniper bonsai, it died it died.

also OP ignore the googletards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiU6USML2bw
>>
Aren't juniper bad? BLM and even ranchers are always eradicating them around where I live.
>>
>>970985
Shitty land management leads to decline of grassland, resulting in brush(juniper) encroachment. This further reduces grasslands. Which means ranchers (& BLM who makes money off of ranchers grazing) lose money.
>>
>>968254
Several types of juniper.
>>
>>971016
They're planted en masse in areas with poor, hilly soil for erosion control.
>>
>>970985
Why does Black Lives Matter hate trees? Do they even get /out/?
>>
>>970985
>>973739
go to /pol/ to dicuss politics please
OP i have a whole juniper forest near me. I love the way they look. You could try taking a small one and uprooting it,
>>
>>973747
>>973739
Bureau of Land Management you invalids.

>inb4 I got le trolled
>>
>>970957
So I can kek my ass off at comments like these.
>>968280
>>968258

Seriously though. My favorite hobbie is horticulture. I would have just Google the germination requirements for whatever plant I'm interested in propagating. They very greatly.
>>
File: 20170121_112141.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170121_112141.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
>>971032
>bbingo
>>
>>971035
That's a really bad idea. Thick groves of junipers retard the growth of plants like grass that actually DO stabilize soil. In areas where the juniper count goes from very few to whole lots erosion tends to get worse.

>>971016
>>970985
Under historical/natural fire cycles junipers tend to stay confined to steep hillsides and along streams. Suppress fire, and they spread like crazy and choke out all the other vegetation. Then, when it does eventually burn, instead of the fire just scorching off dead vegetation, it burns the entire landscape right down to the bare rock.

The only places where they naturally form stands/woodlands are spots in the Great Basin with a lot of terrain.
>>
>>973972
Oregano?

When I lived in Oregon it literally looks just like that along the highways between cities. Lots-a juniper on flat land. Smells so nice after it rains.

Unfortunately gin tastes so bad....
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.