[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trekking Pole Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed.jpg (81KB, 1134x638px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
81KB, 1134x638px
>2017
>Using two legs when you could have four
I won't walk in the woods without them again. Pic related, my Alpine Ergo Corks. When you get used to them, you move much more efficiently up, over, and down mountains, on flat sections they push you forward and pace increases. I fly past hikers that don't use em
>>
>>968070
>having to find secure places for 4 legs when you could be looking for only 2
and the reason you don't see me is because i'm already up and over that talus and scree pass while you're still at the bottom timidly poking every rock to see which ones you can brace your sissy sticks against.

learn to move with the terrain instead of wasting money on frivolous toys trying to conquer it and you'll move twice as fast.
>>
File: szg.gif (2MB, 400x243px) Image search: [Google]
szg.gif
2MB, 400x243px
>This thread again.
>>
>>968070
Trekking poles are great if you're in the mountains with a heavy pack, or need to cross rivers. They double as tarp poles, you can put up a clothesline between them, use them to defend against feral dogs, or as a monopod for your camera.
If you """""hike""""" with them in flat terrain with a light pack, you're a faggot.
>>
>>968121
>sissy sticks
they're 160 dollar aluminum/carbon fiber white beauties, have fun doing low kilometers with sore joints and feet because you don't have poles to take pressure off, I will be busy hiking 12 hours every day months on end and feel like a million bucks afterwards
>>
>>968121
>wasting money on frivolous toys
>>968153
>160 dollar aluminum/carbon fiber white beauties
thank you for proving my point. :)
>>
>>968153
kek
sissy confirmed
>>
>>968070
What are the best cheapest ones?
Will $30 ones break after a mile?
>>
>>968203
Yes
>>
>>968208
What is second to carbon fiber or a company that is cheaper? I'd be okay with paying around $80.
>>
>>968070
They are used by almost everyone in the Alps. I was skeptical at first, but they make a considerable difference.
>>
>>968121
No one bothers doing this because they aren't fucking spergs asking for mechanical injury hours from help.
>>
Anyone used any msr poles before? Im new to trekking poles and i get a good discount with msr where i work, although id be willing to look at other brands
>>
>>968203
I have a pair of kelty trekking poles that aren't expensive. Got them as a gift and they work well.
>>
>>968203
No, but the lock won't hold, so they'll get an inch shorter every mile you walk, which is fucking annoying.
>>
>>968131

or, like my mom, you have a hip replacement, and having extra support makes it easier to walk.
>>
File: 3988973_f520.jpg (107KB, 520x738px) Image search: [Google]
3988973_f520.jpg
107KB, 520x738px
>>968552
if your mom lived 500 years ago she would have been dinosaur food
>>
>>968215
Aluminum. I assume you know to never get twist lock poles. McKinley makes great ones for as low as 50CAD
>>
>>968279
Msr makes fantastic gear but the worst fucking poles you can imagine. Look at McKinley, Black Diamond and MBC
>>
>>968783
My aluminium black diamond twist locks have never failed in the past 7 years, no slipping. I have replaced the carbide tip twice now though, they are consumables.
>>
Black diamond flicklocks FTW!

They really help me since I have weak stabilizing muscles
>>
>>968884
Are there any advantages over a branch? I can't think of any.
In before you can't find a branch in a desert and it might break. Say you're on the AT with a millions trees.
>>
>>969446
light weight, great grips, adjustable length.

just choking up on a stick doesn't let you palm the top, which is very helpful for descending.

and when properly fitted with the strap, the grip is like a joint in the body, extending out behind you with your stride while often reguiring only the thumb and forefinger to grip.
>>
>>969446
Yeah. You have to death grip a branch, I barely grip my trekking poles at all, the straps take your weight from your wrists.
>>
>>968783
>>968795
you two...fight!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.