[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rain/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: rain-980076_960_720.jpg (186KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
rain-980076_960_720.jpg
186KB, 960x540px
Let's talk about rain.
What do you do when it rains innawoods?
How do you handle rainy seasons?
Do you have a way to keep a stash of dry clothes or otherwise protect your electronics?
What do you do if the water gets in your shelter/tent?
How do you keep your campsite safe in case of a storm? (like, really windy for example)
>>
I like to beat off in my tent
>>
>>967806
>How do you handle rainy seasons?
stay /in/ with a comfy fire, plan for drier times, and shitpost.
>>
>>967824
Kek I did that on a rafting trip once when we decided to lay over for a day because it was rainy and shitty
>>
I sit with my window open and listen to the rain at night. when the train is in the background its so wonderful
>>
Guide ropes and stakes are a must. Those toothpicks most tents come with are shit. MSR makes a quad stake called the hog that's a beast.
>>
>>967806

If it's not dumping on me I'll still go hiking or make a fire to relax at. Before bed, if my clothes get soaked and I can't dry them up near a fire, then I'll just strip down to my boxers in front of my tent and toss my clothes in a bag that's slightly open and outside but under the tarp so that it can dry up without getting wetter.

I absolutely hate waking up to a wet tent, so I take all the precautions to ensure it doesn't happen. However, sometimes it can't be avoided and I can deal with it as long as the temperature outside doesn't drop incredibly low. I usually keep one decent towel handy that can sit over any puddles that may form in the tent. Then I'll dry it up near a fire.

A decent wind storm with some lightning, usually isn't an issue. In fact, sometimes they're really comfy hearing the wind and thunder. However, I usually make sure there are no 45+ ft trees around me during a freak wind storm. I've been in too many situations where branches and trees snap from serious storms. I usually prefer desert-ish areas if ever I get into that type of weather, since juniper and cedar trees don't get too high, but still provide coverage. Too desert-y (lack of trees) can be pretty bad during a wind storm cause you'll get haboob-like storms, which are just gigantic walls of dirt and sand creating lightning.
>>
>>967806
Good boots and a rain suit.
>>
I've had a few really shitty storms over the years. One which included me digging a last minute trench. Usually I'll just read a book in my tent or tell stories and shit if I'm camping with other people
>>
>>967824
T-the whole day?
>>
>>967926
Yea man
Sometimes two if the rain lasts longer than me
>>
>>967926
Never heard of JustFap?
>>
>>967928
Can you suggest me some /out/ approved lubes?
I was thinking a 1:5 ratio of fresh chicken manure to saltwater.
>>967932
Had a decent giggle
>>
>>967806
pile and pertex clothing system, I get damp but I don't get cold.

poncho for seriously bad squalls

make sure to pitch your tarp steep enough to facilitate run off

make sure I have some esbit cubes or similar as a backup fire starter

Cycle two pairs of socks, dry them under my armpits (old army trick), keep one pristine pair as my sleeping pair.

Sleeping bag, sleeping socks, long underwear are all in a drybag

Safe campsite in strong winds? I just look for widow makers and obvious dead trees.

If I didn't go inna because of rain I'd be forever inside..Scotland here.
>>
>>968047
You soon to be independent anon get it.

With proper gear the weather matters much much less. Look for Icelandic outdoor clothing for inspiration.
>>
>>968047
>If I didn't go inna because of rain I'd be forever inside
Even though it isn't even rain season here yet, that's one thing that's always worried me. I don't know what I'll do when rainy season comes, but at least now I know it's no reason to stop me. Thanks
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.