[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1014.jpg (41KB, 840x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1014.jpg
41KB, 840x440px
I live in a nogunz state and am wondering how I could get into hunting. I just buy a gun and drive somewhere? It seems like all land is owned, do you have to ask the landowners? I have a hunting liscense from when I went with my dad, but he had a few friends who owned property. We rarely go to go though.
>>
no need to hunt dude animal is fren.
>>
>>967648
What is a "nogunz" state? I know some states have some restrictions on some types of guns, but aren't basic hunting rifles and shotguns allowed throughout the USA?
Anyway, every single state in the US has some public land. A lot of people don't realise it or think of it this way but, that's your land, you own it along with every other American. You can hunt there, the problem comes in when a state only has a little public lands but a lot of hunters. Come opening day of the deer rifle season it looks like a pumpkin patch for all the guys out in orange.
This leaves you with a couple other options, you could try archery (also helps with the nogunz bit), there are a lot less hunters, longer seasons, and they often coincide with the rut. As for private land, different states have different laws, most require owner permission but some allow hunting unless the owner has posted a sign saying "No Hunting" or "No Trespassing." If you do go for landowner permission be sure that you act like a gentleman. Close any gates, clean-up after yourself, offer the landowner some of the meat, etc. If it's a honey pot bit of land you can even offer to work for hunting rights, maybe mow the owner's lawn through the summer.
As for starting out hunting, despite already having taken a hunter's safety course it will pay to do it again, a lot will be old material but there is always a portion that specifically addresses local hunting laws, this will help you stay legal, understand zoning and tag regs in your area, etc; plus, if you take the full live class (as opposed to the part online ones offered in most places) you will get to meet a lot of helpful hunters who can give local area advice.
>>
>>967648
You need a hunting license. To get one, most states require you to take a hunter's education course.
>>
>>967678
Did you even read the whole post?
>>
File: IMG_2274.jpg (79KB, 750x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2274.jpg
79KB, 750x519px
>>
>>967687
No

Dayglo orange isn't allowed, it has to be safety orange (also known as blaze orange, vivid orange, OSHA orange, hunter orange, or Caltrans orange). The "headlights" might also be a problem (unless they are only decorative) since most places ban big game hunting with lights. Knives are also not allowed for deer, there are caliber, guage, and draw pound, limits for rifle and archery seasons.
>>
>>967681
No. My attention span is not that long. Especially in the case of poorly written, disorganized babbling. Stick to 140 charicters or less.
>>
>do you have to ask the landowners
wtf kind of question is this. Of course you have to ask landowners for their permission.
>>
Buy a bow instead you pussy
>>
>>967648
You don't have a hunting license and you are a faggot. Kys so you don't give legit hunters a bad name.
>>
>>967648
There is no such thing as a "nogunz" state. Any state with laws about guns would not restrict you from buying hunting weapons, the only places with anti-gun laws are things like personal handguns and automatic weapons, neither of which are used for hunting.
>>
>>967909
Maybe he means state as in a nation
>>
>>968991
Maybe he can't get out of that nogunz state of mind.
>>
>>967810
This.
>>
>>967761
dude OP isn't even rambling. it had 305 characters. just slightly over 140 senpai.
>>
File: Buck Elk View 12.jpg (2MB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
Buck Elk View 12.jpg
2MB, 6000x4000px
saw this guy in oregon and didn't look it

does that make you angry?
>>
>>967909
I hand gun hunt deer and hog. I use a ar-15 to hunt coyote, ground hog, and other varmints. I use an m14 for deer.

Any gun good for killing deer will kill man abd vs versa.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.