[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

teach me to hunt without any guns. i want to go hunting small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: the hunt.jpg (202KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
the hunt.jpg
202KB, 736x552px
teach me to hunt without any guns. i want to go hunting small shit like small birds and maybe rabbit but i don't own a gun ( it's illegal in my country, and i don't have a hunting gun license ) so i figured i could use other things. i have a bow and can acquire a slingshot and i suppose i can craft a spear that i can throw at animals or that i can use to chase animals on foot like a retard, what else would i need ?
>>
A fucking life?
>>
>>965745
fuck off man i'm just trying to have fun with a couple of m8s hunting, but we're all poorfags
>>
>>965748

If you can't reliably dispatch your quary you shouldn't be hunting it unless you're in dire need of food.

What country are you in?
>>
>>965757
romania. not in dire need of food just can't afford to buy gear right now and i thought it'd be a fun day /out/doors
>>
>>965724
Blowgun, Airgun, slingshot, boomerang, spear/atlatl, bow, snares, traps and so on.
>>
File: boomerang.jpg (88KB, 600x432px) Image search: [Google]
boomerang.jpg
88KB, 600x432px
>>965766
i'll try my best to become skillful at throwing boomerangs setting traps and chucking rocks and everything else you mentioned.

what animals could i hunt/catch with these
>>
>>965771
Rabbits and smaller generally. Fishing might be more productive.
>>
>>965773
don't have a fishing kit. i might be able to get a net and improvise a fishing rod.

also fishing was the alternative to going hunting for that exact reason.
>>
>>965771
You can make a decent blowgun with 1.7m pvc pipe, cotton balls and bamboo skewers.
>>
>>965774
Yeah. String and a sharp paperclip.
>>
I have killed birds by throwing rocks. I have killed birds and rabbits with a sling shot. I killed one pig with a spear, but it was stabbing down from above and not throwing.

Throwing a spear or atlatl is very difficult and takes a lot of practice.

If you want to take small game, you need to learn to sit very still in the woods, or move so slowly the animals don't become alarmed.

You should check, many birds are protected by law if not game birds.

I have used a few traps to catch animals, but I consider that to be trapping and not hunting. A useful skill but a different activity.
>>
Slingshot: Y stick and bicycle innertube.
>>
A long long time ago
I can still remember how
His accent used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could do the elephant dance
And maybe I'd be happy for a while

That Monday morning I remember
Early in a warm September
Bad news on the telly
While waiting at the deli

I can't remember if I cried
When his carcass washed in on the tide
With a stinger stuck down deep inside
The day
Steve Irwin
Died.
>>
>>965775
i know i used to do that shit all the time when i was a kid. i would buy more pvc pipes and cut them into smaller pieces and just build as many blowguns as i could. i even started putting sponges one some to hold the darts and sights on some. and i used to make darts all day too. out of tootpicks, paper tape, and burned so they all stuck togheter much better.
>>965780
used to play with that as well. needless to say my neighbours hated me a lot
>>
>>965777
Twine and a safety pin is my go to
>>
>>965724
Learn to snare rabbits.
>>
>>965724

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUt_Qxsg1z4

OP, don't forget to save at least one skill point for blowpipe. Also I recommend you choose the "weaponized autism" perk.
>>
>>965724
Work on archery skills. It's all about a consistent release. Get good, then increase the size of the bow to get bigger game.
>>
>>965724
I use a crossman slingshot, a bear archery warrior 3, and wire snares to catch all sort of small game.
>>
>>966018
motherfucker is autistic as fuck but he's got some skills
>>
>>966018
keked hard
>>
>>965724
>teach me to hunt without any guns.
buy a crossbow and pretend it is a gun.
>>
>>965724
Just learn how to make and use a sling. They are easy to make, can easily be as lethal as a bow and are not as hard to use as most people seem to think.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.