[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pol/ visits /out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

So... /pol/ is considering crowdfunding an entire island. Currently we are considering one in Chile. It's quite far away from everything. It's surrounded by the Pacific ocean and mountains.

On a survivalist perspective, what would it take to make a successful settlement on the first days?

Here is the place. Lot's of fishing, it's land is fertile, lots of wood, and all.

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/isla-san-pedro#

Thanks, /pol/ out!
>>
>>
>>
Secure fresh water sources.
Create shelter.
Get gud at fishing and farming.
Divide into factions and kill each other.
Please live stream your modern Lord of the Flies reenactment.
>>
>>
Lake of peace
>>
>>964954
kek
>>
>>964954

Equip tips?
>>
This is fucking dumb. This comes up a couple times a year, a few threads are made about it, then nothing happens.
>>
>>964975

thanks brah, it really made me think
>>
>>964950
Despite the fact that this plan will most likely never happen, your main advantage in an island environment is that you can fish all year round. Shelter isn't a huge deal as long as it's during the dry season, so don't worry about building Gilligan's Island-esque houses right off the bat. Just make sure you're off the ground and away from creepy crawlies during the night. As far as equipment goes, fishing supplies, hammocks for sleeping in, some way to start fires for cooking, axes, saws, hammers, nails, lots and lots of rope, and then a bunch of different survival and homesteading books. See if it's possible to talk with the natives and ask them for advice as well. Your best bet for actually making a sustainable colony is to spend a year or so living in the "real world" but continuously building, establishing gardens, and practicing your survival skills.
>>
>>965019

Thanks for the tips, anything and everything on info you can share is very much appreciated
>>
>>964959
I'm going to wager that's a salt water lake. Your best chance for drinkable water is a distilling system, or finding a way to catch enough rainwater.

Also, if the place is uninhabited already, it's because it's not a forgiving environment. Probably damp/squishy ground on the entire thing, harsh weather/extreme temperatures, or a dangerous area with poachers or pirates.

There's no way to make long term electricity, or build secure structures without pouring millions more Into creating a system that probably takes many professionals to run.

Best of luck, and remember to make Chile great again.
>>
>>965023
Learning homesteading domestically and having a small/skilled community is your best shot.
>>
>>964950
16,000 acres...that's gonna be pricey. I hope all ya'll been saving your autism bux

>>964954
>Please live stream your modern Lord of the Flies reenactment.
lel
>>
>>964950
There's like 5 of these every damn year on 4chan from various boards.
>>
>/pol/ willingly sending themselves to a concentration camp

I pray for your success.
>>
Oh my God, this is gonna be funnier than Galt's Gulch Chile.
>>
>>965105

It's coming, those are the birth pains you are seeing
>>
>>964950

Looks like someone already started building a wall to keep the southern border secure
>>
>a bunch of people who only have in common the hatred other people are going to get together and make a stable, self-sustaining community
these threads are always good for a laugh every 6 months or so.
>>
>>964954
>>965110
>>965112
We can only hope.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isla_San_Pedro#Local_Culture_and_Cuisine

It sounds like they already have food taken care of, you'll just need to learn from the natives before you kick them out.
>>
File: image.gif (348KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
348KB, 350x233px
>>964950
>>>reddit
>>
Well aside from geographic location and essential resources, the main quality of a functioning human society is organization and cooperation. I would bet a community of people who came together through an anonymous website that largely revolves around their collective hate for everything different, would not make a functioning isolated island community.
Then again, if they documented the whole thing that would be some A+ entertainment
>>
>>965023
I haven't looked into this island, but if the issue is wetlands then algae and fish farming could be the best bet. If there's enough funding then electricity could be provided through a combination of solar, wind, and algae bio-diesel. The only real concern I have would be how structurally sound the land is for building.
>>
>>964950
is their fresh water? because then you're good, just arrive by boat and throw up some nice big tents until you build some comfy cabins. Then like other anon said, farm and I guess get livestock.
>>
>>964950

I'm taking bets on how long it'll be before /pol/ Island gets flak for human rights violations
>>
>>964989
He's right tho.
>>
There will be no Internet there.

If there is no Internet, there is nowhere for the/ pol/ neck beards to bitch about whatever bullshit they bitch about.
>>
>>965221
This. Without a liberal Boogeyman to unite them they'll turn in each other like starving rats.
>>
>>965319
Most likely they would just all be really passive. I doubt any /ppl/tards actually have a spine
>>
>>964950
Declare independence and have a place where all 4chan autists can roam free.
>>
>>964950
Success here would depend far more on your ability to attract rich people than your survival ability. You really think you're going to build a successful nation out of sticks? Get the fuck outta here. You'll need electricity, steel, and concrete, all of which are going to be hard to produce on the island.
>>
>>965454
Passive? Or passive aggressive?
>>
File: 1422231424891.jpg (54KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1422231424891.jpg
54KB, 500x484px
>>964950
>>
>>965494
Both
>>
>>965262

They'll all kill and eat one another and nobody will care. It'll be like Venezuela.
>>
>>964950
Vai chupar um pinto feminino sulista otário
>>
>>964950
>survivalist
You could just stay in the hotel?
>>
>>966800
Staying at a hotel *is* survivalism for most of /pol/.

>Survival journal day 7: Things are bad. Still no tendies or Mt. Dew to be found. Having to scrape by on weird garbage shitskins give me. Think it might be poisoned, too many flavors.
TV is fake news and trannies, they must be trannies because of boner, and wifi is spotty. Haven't listened to Infowars in four days.

>Shitskins keep knocking on my door and waving white sheets in my face, gibbering in moonspeak. Like they're trying to surrender, but I think it's a trick.

>May not survive another week, must think what Sam Hyde would do.

>If someone finds this journal, please tell the world that Obama is a gay Muslim nigger.

>Signing off. MAGA.
>>
>>966934
Wonder who's behind this post
>>
>>967291
Somebody with a sense of humor.
>>
>>966934
I hate /pol/ but this post is reddit as fuck
>>
File: stopped_reading_there.png (72KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
stopped_reading_there.png
72KB, 250x272px
>>964950
>/pol/
>>
>>964950
>On a survivalist perspective, what would it take to make a successful settlement on the first days?
killing all the /pol/acks.
>>
>>969182

xDD
>>
>>969181
Back to /tv/ with you.
>>
Oh my god you all actually bought my idea to crowdfund a private island.

Was Tuvalu or North Sentinel Island just too fucking difficult? lmao you're all going to die.
>>
depends? how far is the nearest mailbox, cause your gonna need a lot of stuff.
>>
is that a freshwater lake in the middle?
>>
>>964950
Kek, a bunch of neckbeards NEETs with superiority complexes wouldn't last five days there. Zero luxuries, no utilities or internet, and no skills to deal with untamed wilderness? This will be fun to watch fail miserably.
>>
Go back to /pol/ so you can all jerk off about how you'll totally do it and how badass y'all are.
>>
Didn't know /out was a haven for cucks who gobble the Jew cock on a regular basis. You gotta be brainwashed as fuck to think that trying to save your nation is basically hating anything different.

Go back to the Huffington Post and Reddit, don't forget your appointment with your bull so he can fuck your wife.
>>
>>970642
Prove us wrong then. Y'all come here all the time pretending to be survivalists and self-made men.

Fucking put up or shut up kiddo.
>>
>>971235
Why did you have to take the bait?
>>
>>970600
Right? I would literally buy this island for those delusional faggots just to see them fail and turn on each other.
>>
File: 976891.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
976891.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>970642
>I cant survive without a walmart and costco nearby but have some romantic dream about moving to an island in a very different climate to live self sufficently with a bunch of other racists and neckbeards from a mongolian yak forum
>b-but you guys are cuckholds for not holding the same radical minority views as me

yeah m8, you sure showed us
>>
>>971247
I just want to watch the world burn
>>
File: 1452293681999.jpg (43KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
1452293681999.jpg
43KB, 570x587px
>>964950
>>
>>970545
There's a guy on /k/ with a Soviet bomber aircraft. Airdrops every week until the island evolves into RUST.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.