[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gearing up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

G'day, I'm going mustering in a little over a week. Feral, aggressive cattle on around 750,000 acres. Helicopters and bikes. Also fencing and yard building.

Bit stuck on what I need. Never been to northern queensland, so not sure what type of clothing is going to be the best for high humidity?

Jeans or shorts? Long sleeve cotton or short sleeve? Steel cap boots or normal?

Any other gear recommendations that might not be otherwise apparent? I've got the basics like a swag, hydration bladders, hat, ass cream (chafe cream). Trying to pack light as i'm flying up from about 3000km's away.

Got some skinning knives, boning knives and a pocket knife already. So no queers bitching about knife brands.
>>
File: katna.jpg (107KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
katna.jpg
107KB, 1600x900px
>>964617
>fencing
>>
>>964617
How did you land that job? Are you an immigrant?
>>
>>964626
I'm an aussie. Sent someone a message on gumtree saying I wanted a start, that I can ride bikes and weld to a high standard, and have done rural fencing. He replied back an hour or two later saying I was the type of bloke he was looking for, and offered me a three week trial and asking for my number to talk further about it.

If you want a job like that, get on gum tree. You'll find someone willing to give you a go eventually. Helps if you have skills like fencing, welding, motorbike riding, mechanical maintenance.

Pays not too bad. $120 a day (after tax) and 0 living expenses outside of luxury items (beer, smokes, shit like that) for an entry level job is pretty good.
>>
>>964632
Thanks I was asking just out of curiosity because I'm thinking to apply to some agricultural jobs in my country.

>$120
Fugg, that's like 1/5 of I will make here... monthly.
>>
>>964646
*of what I will make here.
>>
>>964646
Might change depending on country. Gum tree is just an online classifieds. It's where the majority of agricultural work is listed. Although probably half the jobs for farm work don't make it online.

If you really want a job quick, go for a drive. You'll find work.
>>
>>964650
>If you really want a job quick
I really do, I have been a neet for too long and now it's time to start working again.
>>
>>964652
What country? It's probably about as easy as getting in a car and driving to outback areas.

It's a lot easier taking a chance on a bloke you meet at the pub, who's travelled to find work than it is to give a job to a bloke 500km's away from you.
>>
>>964657
Europe.
There's plenty of farm jobs here but my region doesn't really have them so it means moving and having to pay rent which sucks.
>>
>>964666
If Europe it'll most likely be fruit/veg picking
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.