[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunting Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: WwrsNAk.jpg (571KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WwrsNAk.jpg
571KB, 1920x1080px
I'll start, this is the story about the most badass deer I have ever shot

>Be me
>Hunting over Thanksgiving break
>Every year I go hunting with my dad and my godfather during Thanksgiving break
>My sister comes hunting for the first time
>She uses the rifle I normally use when hunting
>Remington Bolt-Action scoped rifle
>Somewhat salty for not getting to use it, but whatever
>I have to use an iron sight AR-15 instead
>I personally I am not a huge fan of AR-15's but I use it any way
>I go out to the blind alone
>3 doe come up
>2 small ones and 1 good sized one
>I get ready to shoot the good sized and remember I forgot ear protection
>Fuck.jpg
>Shoot the doe in chest, it was standing with its side facing the blind
>it drops
>Fuck yeah
>shooting without ear protection sucked but whatever, i got the deer
>I walk out out and as i get near the deer, it jumps up and runs
>Fucking years of shooting come to save my ass as I immediately shoot twice at the deer and it drops again
>I run up and find the deer twitching on the ground with steam rising from its head
>I shot it in the chest again to put it down
>I got a fucking moving headshot on it
>The top of her head was gone and brains were spilling out
>this deer was still moving with half its brain on the ground
>When butchering the deer later, we had found out the first shot took out its left shoulder, the second one its hind right leg, the third shot hit its head, and the fourth was the chest shot that took it down
>it took 4 fucking shots to take down a doe
>I went to war with this deer
>There are three conclusions I have, either I'm a shit shot, AR-15's suck for hunting, or this was the toughest doe on the face of the planet
>>
>>962978
Sounds like you really fucked up the meat. Please tell me you weren't using 55gr FMJ. I've taken 3 whitetail with my scoped AR. I've never had to take a second shot. One was a headshot. The other two hearts. 2 dropped on the spot. The other ran 17 paces before realizing he was dead. All I shoot out of that rifle is Federal Gold Medal Match 69gr OTM. Never lost any meat unless you count the hearts.
>>
>>962978
Your retarded fudd relatives probably used the wrong ammo.
>>
>>962978
She prolly fought a little harder because the two "smaller does" were her fawns. They have twins sometimes. Did you happen to notice white fatty looking deposits clinging to the lower abdomen? You should have been able to take out all three with an AR if they were in the open. Would have prevented orphaned fawns. If you're hunting for meat, take the smallest. Much more tender.
>>
>>963002
It was not fmj thank christ
>>
>>963002
Also oddly enough most of the meat was intact when butchering
>>
I kiled a pepe with a stick when i was 7 cucs old.
>>
>>963162
Did you eat it? My grocer sells pepe legs because of all the French and I have been curious to try them.
>>
>>963114
That's a good thing but probably not a good sign, if you can shoot a doe 4 times, including 2 shots into meat rich areas, without losing much meat, the calibre is probably not appropriate.
>>
AR15's are .223 which is not a very good hunting round. They are designed for combat.

I killed one buck with mine, but I waited until the deer was very close and I knew I could put the bullet right where it needed to go.

When hunting with smaller calibers there is no room for error.

Congrats on the running shot, and I am glad you recovered the deer.
>>
>>963191
.223's lethality is all in the terminal balistics. Proper shot placement and bullet type ensure quick kills.

Notice that OP shot the doe "in the chest". Aiming for a general area, or center of mass is not a good idea. You aim for heart. Aim small, miss small. An AR with mil-spec aperture sights is easily heart shot capable at 100yd or less. But probably not if you haven't practiced much with it. In this situation, it seems a shotgun with 000 buckshot would have been better for OP.

I've had to track deer shot through both lungs with .308 and 6.5x55 over a half mile before they expired. Larger calibers do, in general, lead to better blood trails. The difference in actual tissue damage is negligible, and often more pronounced in well placed .223 kills using a proper bullet.
>>
>>963218
Thanks for the solid post anon
>>
File: 1460264294027.jpg (42KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1460264294027.jpg
42KB, 800x533px
>>963218
>hunting deer with buckshot
>ever
>>
File: whitetail doe montana 2012.jpg (217KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
whitetail doe montana 2012.jpg
217KB, 1024x768px
Wandering /k/ommando here: If you're using a smallbore rifle, for God's sake use the heaviest-for-caliber bonded bullet you can find. We hear all the time about AR-toting Texans harvesting big hogs with 75-grain Hornady TAP ammunition. I'm sure they'd do for any kind of deer but a big mulie.

Me, I'm a coward and do all my hunting with a 25-06. Pic related: She was delicious.
>>
>>963575
I think they do it in the US south, the deer are a lot smaller. They also use dogs to hunt deer sometimes
>>
>>963688
25 years ago, when a bill came up in the state legislature to ban hunting deer with dogs, thousands of hunter's showed up at the state capital of Jackson Mississippi.

They brought with them many more thousands of deer dogs. The group stated that if hunting deer with dogs was banned, their dogs would be rendered useless for the purpose for which they were bought, trained and maintained.

They further argued that the dogs, in the case of a ban, should become wards of the state that might render them a burden.

Finally, they implied, if not threatened, to release the tens of thousands of hounds upon the fair city where they had gathered, thus abandoning them.

The bill did not pass. No one can say for sure if the hunters actually made a difference. Similar bills have never made it to the floor since.
>>
>>963738
>Mississippi
>>
>>963189
No i liberate it from memeoounds.
>>
>>963738
In my province deer hunting with dogs would be unconscionable, but in some places bear hunting with dogs or bait is equally reviled, however if they got rid of it here it would essentially ban all bear hunting. I'm in favour of people being allowed to keep the traditional practises.
>>
>>963738
They totally destroy the balance of nature during the two, two week dog seasons. Luckily, still hunting, archery and primative weapons seasons account for better than two thirds of the total season days.
>>
>>962978
Next time, use a caliber made to hunt the game you are after, and not a light bullet made so soldiers could spray it around making covering fire.

Anything under 7mm is too thin for big game.
>>
>>964239
Did you happen to see the 4" .25/06 exit wound above? Hydrostatic shock causes way more damage than a few extra grains of lead.
>>
File: r83WAmU.gif (2MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
r83WAmU.gif
2MB, 360x360px
>>964239
>Anything under 7mm is too thin for big game.

Lolno
>>
>>963059
>take the smallest. Much more tender.

fucking this^^^ trophy fags taking selfies get out REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>962978
you need to wait to let the animal die, if your shot was good give it 30 minutes before you investigate... hunting 101 dude
>>
>>964658
Good point.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.