[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good coolers that aren't hundreds of dollars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

What are some good coolers that aren't hundreds of dollars?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-10-20-43-42.png (167KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-10-20-43-42.png
167KB, 720x1280px
A cheap one with a block of dry ice in it works well.
Personally im a fan of orion coolers. About the same price as yeti, but better features and more worth the money.

Thought i had a pic of it on my phone, but I do not, so >pic unrelated.
>>
If you don't want shit to melt so fast then you'll need a a few hundred dollars for a decent ice box.
>>
>>962300
The solid white Marine Igloos do pretty well for the price. Seem like they get crappier every 5 years or so. Most sub $100 coolers skimp on the lid badly.

One cheap trick to keep ice longer is to put a $5 disposable inside of a larger $50 chest. Melt a couple small holes though the lower sides of the styro inner chest for drainage.
>>
File: 20161123_153544.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161123_153544.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>962580
>drain holes

Wrong. Cold icewater holds temp better than air cooled by ice. Especially when in and out of it, opening the lid.

I did and informal cooler test when my ex-landlady's father died. Loaner coolers showed up for the weekend and left on the covered back porch, June, Scottsdale, AZ.

There were no +$100 coolers. Short version:

X-treme 50 quart won. That what I bought when it went on sale at Big-5.

And then personalized it with camo paint. Next modd might be attaching a length of pvc pipe to a corner to hold up an umbrella and a digital thermometer for outside vs. inside temps.

>inb4 you should paint the top

Wrong, the white top reflects more that flat earth tone, thus cooler inside cooler.
>>
>>962300
Just about any igloo brand. You can get old ones at yard sales for like $10. I have something like 5-6 of them I use for cooking and festival/party camping. All cheap ones are just plastic/metal covered Styrofoam.
>>
>>962601
>Coleman X-treme
>>
>>962601
Some pretty sick mods anon, hows she perform in extreme situations?
>>
>>962647
Damn well!

Add a block with the cubes, throw a blanket over it, keep it in the shade, limit openings by grabbing your next beer at the same time, don't drain it!, fill empty volume with frozen two liter bottles and, as stated, a chunk of dry ice to chill the air inside.

My ice lasts for 5 days and six nights in Arizona summers and that is all that matters to me.

Fuck Yetis!
>>
>>962601
>umbrella

With stakes to drive in the ground, right?
>>
File: 400px-Energy_thru_phase_changes.png (50KB, 400x258px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Energy_thru_phase_changes.png
50KB, 400x258px
>>962580
>Melt a couple small holes though the lower sides of the styro inner chest for drainage
Someone didn't pay attention in thermodynamics and heat transfer.
>>
>>963035
3rd law: The energy wasted learning physics exceeds the energy used to keep the ice ice.
>>
File: 20160727_070842.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160727_070842.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>962300

I have a 54 qt Igloo which was $50. Keeps ice at least 2 days which is plenty for me.
>>
>>965816
>bumping the very last thread on the fucking board.

At least it isn't a knife thread.
>>
>>965826
>2 days

Lol, electricity adicitio exposed.
>>
>>965864
Mee, too. I'll just wait... 20 sexs.
>>
If you get a cooler and are going to put ice in it look for bags of block ice and not cubed ice.

>If you get a cooler and are going
Is this correct? I'm sperging out on this.
>>
>>962657
>Fuck Yetis!

Hell with that I love yeti.

Best way to get them is during deer season all the out of town hunters leave them in the back of their trucks when they go into the bar you just go by and get two or three. You even sometimes get beer with them or lunch meat.

Man I got like a half dozen they are great. Really though the Pelican and Cabelas are just as good at a little less money. And last season we got a couple RTIC they have been just as good too as a lot less. If you are buying them it matters.

Everybody always like to pretend its a rip off all them ice chests are the same but they aren't. Maybe it don't matter to you but they still not the same.
>>
>>962300
Rotomolded are a meme for a reason. They are hands down the best. Ritc is still selling their 40gallon for 150. Buy it before the lawsuit kills them. (Yeto is suing them for copyright infringment because the same chinese plant designed and manufactured their coolers)

For real though. steel is a conductor. That chest is trash. If your not going to buy rotomolded then just buy whatever cheap trash walmart or academy sells.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-10-06-32-54.png (647KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-10-06-32-54.png
647KB, 1080x1920px
On woot right now. I'd buy this in a heart beat if I didn't just drop $200 on gear on woot last week.

Always a good site to check for some of their insane deals. 3 months of freeze dried foot for 90$ last week.
>>
>>962601
If you can't avoid leaving it out in the sun, you should put a wet burlap sack on top
I do this rafting and it works like a charm
>>
>>963035
>>
>>966195
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.