[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bay Area UrbEx

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: sanfranurbex.png (377KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
sanfranurbex.png
377KB, 700x450px
Hoping to get into Urban Exploration because I'm livin' a numb existence

Does anyone know of some good starting points in the Bay Area? Preferably SF but anywhere accessible by BART is good
>>
Bay Erreah born n raised. SF and oaktown squatter. (eg open foreclosed properties for friends/family)

What exactly is "Urban Exploration"?
>>
File: nickie.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
nickie.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>962402
What does it mean to you, I mean. What do you think you are missing in your life?

Also hyphy
>>
>>962402
I'm looking for little-known places like abandoned buildings or caves of old bunkers to explore with a camera. I read Access All Areas a few years ago and I'm finally really getting motivated to give it a shot. Most of the old places mentioned in UrbEx forums like the Schlage Lock Factory or the Galaxy Movie Palace have been demolished. The old underground network of WWII bunkers has been closed off too. Yes, a lot of it required trespassing

>>962403
I'm just getting sick of wake up + force myself to eat + work + go home + stare at my computer + force myself to eat + go to bed

Apparently UrbEx is an extremely intoxicating activity and gives people a new appreciation for their cities
>>
>>962606
*or old bunkers
>>
At UC Berkeley there is a tunnel that was built to carry water from Strawberry Canyon under the roads and stadium and release it on campus. I walked very far up starting from the bottom of the tunnel. The ceiling was high enough for me to walk upright but I was several inches shorter then so it is probably going to be a bit cramped. Probably best to do this when it has not rained in several days and rain is not predicted, as the creek runs along the floor of the entire tunnel. I only walked as far as the fork in the tunnel before turning back. There is plenty to explore there and I won't describe it all but it is worth spending an afternoon walking up there.
>>
>>962968
Oh man! That sounds like a great place to start. Any more info on where specifically to enter it? I've never been to that campus

Thanks anon
>>
West Oakland has all kinds of places ready for urban exploration
Just get off at the West Oakland BART station
>>
File: yougonna.jpg (35KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
yougonna.jpg
35KB, 355x355px
>>962102

OP you'll most likely see this kind gentleman.

Seriously, Bay Area homeless are in a class all their own. And you're going to go mucking around in their refuges as some sort of TOURIST? They're going to love that, they'll welcome you with open arms.
>>
kidding me? You don't know about the underground base in Golden Gate park? or the old atlas/nike missile sites?
>>
also hellhole in Santa Cruz, lots of caves
>>
>>966016
Stop being afraid of people in other walks of life.

Americans are better than that.
>>
>>966149
This
Bay Area homeless are pussies
>nice weather
>placid non-confrontational people
>plenty of handouts
Some of them are such losers, they post in the homeless general
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.