[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anybody know any places in the lower 48 that stay below 70 F?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: waldo.jpg (113KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
waldo.jpg
113KB, 850x850px
never been a hot weather guy and the gnats/mosquitoes don't help.
>>
No, man up.
>>
>>961699
55F or higher = black flies and mosquitoes. Not even Alaska is safe.
>>
>>961703
fucking hell. can we wipe these bastards out already? from what i've read, the animals that eat these don't rely solely on them, and GMO skeeters that can't reproduce are being used to wipe out malaria.
>>
>>961699
town I live in hasn't gone above 86 in my lifetime.

only problem is we get snow 9 months out of the year.
>>
>>961699
Like >>961703 said, the places that stay cold most of the year have the worst insect problems during the summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoYZ14OGeKM

Siberia is notably horrifying in the summer months.
>>
>>961741
One more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__d1xUmbV-g
>>
>>961699
North Dakota is the coldest in winter and autumn, Wyoming in summer, and Maine in spring.
Maine, Vermont, Montana and Wyoming are the top 5, in that order, with the lowest average temps year-round.
Maine averages 45°F though the average temperatures from Jun-Sep are all >70°F (but <80°).

Maine also has the benefit of being the whitest state, the safest state for violent crime, and the most rural state, it's also the only state in America that is becoming more rural, every other state is increasingly urbanised.
>>
>>961699
UP Michigan maybe? I'm sure it hits 80-90 occasionally, but it's usually cool during summer
>>
>>961699
I've been to several tropical areas, and I'm from Florida, but imho bugs are more intense at high altitudes and northern latitudes, like the cold places you seek
>>
>>961699
>he's forgetting there are ticks everywhere else cold that doesn't have killer black flies and mosquitoes
>>
>>961741
>>961743
Interior Alaska, which has a lot of swampland, is like this in high summer. Luckily there's no Zika or Malaria, but it's just pure misery.

If mosquitos and white socks ever became a vector for a serious disease in Alaska, the body count would be horrifying
>>
>>961752
>it's also the only state in America that is becoming more rura
source? why?
>>
>>962112
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/bc.marfeel.com/bangordailynews.com/2012/03/26/business/census-maine-most-rural-state-in-2010-as-urban-centers-grow-nationwide/%3Fmarfeeltn%3Damp

Not really sure why, but overall Maine is very old fashioned (it has the oldest average population). Not many new people come into the state and they have a strong sense of cultural tradition which involves small seaside fishing villages and small innawoods communities.
>>
>>961699
the oregon coast. it rarely gets hot out there. look at annual temperatures differences for places like astoria, or...
>>
>>961752
Mainer, reporting in. This is generally true. It is -3 as I write. Cold as fuck, but I'm loving my wood stove. It rarely gets above 80, and when it does I feel like I'm melting.

I give no shits about it being the whitest state. Fuck off, /pol/. Southern Maine is a little diverse. Everything else is all rednecks and tourists.
>>
>>962170
And tourism. Taking tourist's money is what it's about anywhere near the coast and a handful of other spots. Everywhere else is all trees.
>>
>>961712
No, GMO skeeters are being used to spread Zika...and they do reproduce.
Que Jurasic Park, "Life finds a way".
>>
File: 1390266340691.jpg (55KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1390266340691.jpg
55KB, 500x375px
>>962481
>Que Jurasic Park
>Que
Do you mean "CUE" numbnuts?
>>
I'm a geneticist and working on combining genetic DNA of mosquitos with yellow jackets.

We already have a short lived strain, these things are ravenous!

We're getting close to isolating a viable, self-reproducing line. I'm considering having facilities nail the windows shut to avoid accidental release.
>>
>>962687
He means 'kay, as in okay.

t. Québécois
>>
>>962687
Que as in queso for what a shitty line from such a crappy, cheesy movie.
>>
>>961699
Your best bet is going to be on the pacific coast maybe from San Francisco north to Washington.
>>
>>962318
How can i move to maine? What are the jobs to apply to?
>>
>>965758
There aren't any. Part of the reason it's so rural.
>>
>>965758
Pack up your shit and move. Same jobs as anywhere else...
>>
Any town in colorado above 8k feet. They stay around 75 in summer and stay freezing over night. No bugs too. I loved living in Avon, mega out.
>>
>>961699
The only place in the world without mosquitos that is inhabited by humans is Iceland. Other than that, you're gonna have skeeters wherever you go.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.