[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BLM Camping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

Been wanting to go camping on free BLM land but not sure if I'm fully prepared to. I camp often but in campgrounds. Tips? Things to know/have before camping outside of campgrounds? Specific location is Southern California.
>>
Watch out for skinwalkers
>>
Watch out for mexicans
>>
>>961168
what the fuck do you think is different about dispersed camping from campground camping except saving $20 a night?
>>
>>961206
Kind of what I'm trying to find out
>>
>>961195
Thats crazy talk.
>>
>>961240
Oh thank heavens
>>
>>961239
nothing you retarded shit. except you don't have to make a reservation, you don't have to pay, and you don't have to find your assigned space.
>>
File: IMG_2777.gif (1MB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2777.gif
1MB, 400x294px
>>961245
>>
File: ugly.jpg (146KB, 1600x823px) Image search: [Google]
ugly.jpg
146KB, 1600x823px
>>961201
That's not crazy talk.
>>
>>961206
Inability to secure water sources.
No one helicopters in the swat team if you start a fire in a campground either which is fun.
>>
>>961270
Think 2 gal per day for one person is good? One gal to drink and the other for putting out fire and cleaning etc? Also my biggest concern is dealing with animals. Do I need to invest in special equipment for that if I'm not near trees to secure food in?
>>
>>961168
If you can't figure out what's different from camping where you make your own campsite vs. camping on a concrete pad with a steel fire pit and flushing toilets within eyesight, then you are not ready for it.
>>
>>961279
>1gal to put out fire
kek
>>
>>961206
The lack of a toilet will deter a lot of city folk.
>>
File: 1476069999544.gif (299KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1476069999544.gif
299KB, 125x125px
>>961295
>poor reading comprehention

Anon is implying that the remaining water is for all water related tasks, not just drowning his fire. This would include things such as cleaning his rank ass, which would likely attract predators.
>>
>>961168
Dispersed camping is the only way to camp desu. Helps to have a 4x4 though.
>>
>>961195
>>961201

Watch out for Mexican skinwalkers.
>>
>>961354
isn't that the point?
>>
>>961206
no drunk college kids.
no other people.
actual feeling of isolation.
no drive up camp spots.

>>961354
semi related note-- i peed in one of the oldest outhouses still standing in america when i wondered off the AT. i can die happy.
>>
>>961430
those are experiential differences, not logistical differences
>>
File: Koval_030616_2649_header.jpg (121KB, 900x412px) Image search: [Google]
Koval_030616_2649_header.jpg
121KB, 900x412px
Black Lives Matter land? I thought black people hates camping...
>>
A somewhat related question. If I want to just wander around a national forest where the fuck do I leave my car? If I'm gone a week I don't want to come back and have it towed
>>
>>961760
A government approved parking spot of course. That will be $14 per day, plus taxes, impact fees, service charge and tip
>>
Do people tend to care about stay limits if it's not very busy? If someone bugs me about can I just move to a different campsite?
>>
>>961760
It's going vary a lot depending where you are.

Example: In the Mt. Baker/Snoqualmie NF in the Washington Cascades, the developed trailheads in the central part of the forest (near North Bend) often require a NW Forest pass to park at and usually have a stay limit if a week. But these trailheads are very popular and busy because they're right off the I-90 corridor.

If you go North to the Stevens Pass area or South to the Enumclaw/Naches area the developed trailheads don't require parking passes because these trails are much less busy.

If course that's to park at the trailhead, if you can find a side road to park on near the trailhead, you can leave your car there and the rangers really won't care. If course that doesn't mean no one will fuck with it.

Personally for long trips like that I like to arrange pick up/drop off from a friend.

Yeah, yeah. I know
>4chan
>friends
There might also be a trail taxi service in your area.

If you're really worried about it, contact the district office of the forest you want to visit and ask them about it. Most FS employees are actual friendly, helpful people.

>>961957
It really depends on where you are and how you act. If it's a really popular area they may be strict with stay limits. If it's not, and you're not making a mess or causing a ruckus you might get a few days wiggle room. It's not like the rangers note the exact time/date you arrive, but they patrol regularly and if they notice you've been there longer than two weeks they'll ask you to move camp.

If you're a fuck face about it they can fine you, but generally they'll just ask you to move first.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.