[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here lived in a tent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2928.png (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2928.png
16KB, 400x400px
Has anyone here lived in a tent
>>
Spent five months living in a 10x12 Bass pro tent in Alaska last year.
>>
>>960593
10x12 inches?!

Didn't know they made tents for ants!
>>
>>960586
I lived in a tent for six months to save rent moneys once.

at the end of my stay I abandoned the tent. That kind of stink doesn't wash out.
>>
>>960640
How hard was it? Did you work while doing it
>>
>>960644
It was really easy. I hid my tent in the woods less than a mile from work. I worked at a pizza place so no problems getting food. Hardest part was finding somewhere to shower. It was a couple miles to the nearest pay showers. But it wasn't like I didn't have time to kill.

mostly it's really fucking boring. Lights out when the sun goes down. Not much for entertainment. You can't own much because people will find your tent and some of them are bold enough to open it up and poke around when you're gone. It's pretty comfy for being homeless though.
>>
>>960644
for security car camping is way nicer, if you happen to have a car you can sleep in.
>>
>>960650
So you just lived near a bus or had a car?
>>
>>960586

I was homeless for seven months. During that time I lived in a tent up in the mountains, about 8 to 10 miles from town

Mostly would shop for food a few days at a time. Lots of canned goods, lots of easy as shit to make. I did have a cooler that I'd get ice for daily, that held some meat, eggs, what ever I wanted for a change.

I started making small furniture around my camp, just a table, a chair, even made a shower stand out of a few smaller trees.

Treat the place like your home. Keep the area clean of debris (Less shit you drag into your tent, also less chance of wild fire.)

I was lucky enough to be able to have a fire when ever, if you cannot, look at other means of boiling water, etc (Seen ppl take 5 gallon propane tanks, pretty much jerry rig it to fuel a small burner, which is not hard to do.)

Though I lived in the wooded area, I still took my security serious. I'd try my best to take dif routes in and out of my "Nest" as I called it. The paths I did use, I'd drag a lot of fallen trees, branches and shit onto the path. Made it more difficult for ppl to just walk in, even had friends who would just not even go down them, due to how much a hassle it was for them (My path was a hard core zig zag, no walking straight through. Also help camouflage my area.

Have your camp clothes separate from your in town clothes. Right when you get into camp or near by, switch out to help keep your in town clothes presentable.

If you don't want to bath with a bucket in the middle of thenwoods, you can always get a cheap ass gym membership for that too. My gym has a pretty nice lounge area with free wifi. So nights it was really shit weather, or I just wanted to feel less homeless, I'd just go hit them up and use their wifi, charge my phone.

Treat all cuts and scratches as if it was serious shit, cause it is atm. You're living pretty much in a dirty ass environment, chances of shit getting infected is higher up
>>
>>960655

I also had a water source near by, so doing laundry, washing dishes, just general personal hygiene was able to be achieved from this, also from my gym.

I did wash clothes in there daily, it got old, very dast. I didn't just wanted to wash them in cold water, so would make a fire, gather water, bring it back to camp and boil it. Wash and hang my shit.
>>
>>960656
I wanted to do this but more urban like use laundry mats and walk to a bus stop to get to work and stuff but still want a tent outside of town
>>
>>960654
I walked. The place I worked was on the edge of the forest, my town is surrounded by woods. It's not a big town, we don't have busses.
>>
>>960663

It's possible. I had a very small tent set up in the city that I'd go to if I got shit faced with friends, couldn't make it back to the main nest. Be careful, chances are if you found the spot, other homeless probably have found it too, now security can be a bigger issue. You should read up on snipers and how they will set up a hide. They have some solid advice on how to making your living arrangement less noticeable for area that's higher traffic.

If you're gonna be leaving your spot a lot, def make sure to bring or hide your stuff as best as you can.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.