[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

1 man tent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (196KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
196KB, 1280x720px
Hey /out/ looking for a lightweight solo tent, currently got my eye on a six moons lunar solo, want something around the 6-700g mark, and that uses trekking pole(s). Cuben seems too expensive. Any recommendations?
>>
$180 for that? Just use a fucken tarp ffs.
>>
>>960883
Then I've got to have a bivy as well, and my bag won't be in the tent and will still get wet
>>
Get a bivy and a small tarp dude. Cheap and just as lightweight.
>>
>>960942
why are you making this so difficult for yourself?
>>
>>960969
>>960989
For gods sake, I want a single wall UL tent, not a tarp and bivy, if I wanted a tarp and bivy, I would have started a thread about tarps and bivys.

I just think tents are more comfortable, and don't like the idea of a bivy, might give it a go at some point, but right now, I want a tent.
>>
tarptent.com
>>
>>961106
Why muck things up with shitty trekking poles? Just get a normal tent you aren't saving weight or the planet
>>
File: texsport2man.jpg (36KB, 342x285px) Image search: [Google]
texsport2man.jpg
36KB, 342x285px
>>960263
this might be an option. I have one. Not sure about the weight but a lot of it is in the pegs and poles which if you use poles would reduce it.

The price is right at about 35$. Now here's some thoughts about it:
-needs to be after purchase seam sealed and waterproofed-not optional!
-recommend changing the guy lines with something like uncle mac's utility cord (which is like a half sized paracord)
-doesn't really breathe great so I always have some condensation in the morning. I always close the flaps though. Might be better if open.
-setup is pretty quick and easy. under 5 mins on a slow day. I think if you're in wooded areas you can really dispense with the poles and pegs and just make some out of branches. I think you could easily come up with a system to use poles in place of sticks as well.
-nice heavy poly tub floor
-I've had it in rain and after waterproofing I wasn't wet but the tent doesn't breathe so well so condensation can be a minor problem.
-I ended up just taking some ripstop i had and making a stuff sack for it and it worked out well.
-The other thing is that it can be hot in warm weather inside the thing.
-mine packed down I'd guess the volume is similar to one of those standard fire extinguishers.
-for size I'm about 6'2" and it's got a little extra space at the ends. You can put a pack on the side easily enough. It's about similar footprint to a single bed.

It's a great casual/budget option but if you can spend more for something better you may as well.

Just measured it. 17" x 6". weight I'm not 100% certain. I'd guess it'd put you at about a kilo. My kitchen scale says 1lb but I don't trust it. It feels more like a liter or quart of milk weight. That's just the tent with guy lines in the ripstop stuff stack I made, which you could probably do away with in place of a small garbage bag. pole height is 39". As made, they sort of have a pin on top that you slot into a grommet on the top edge of each side.
>>
>>960263
I've been running the Snugpak Ionosphere and it's been working pretty gud
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LWW9FMY/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It doesn't have trekking poles, in fact it's not self standing, but that's been a non-issue for me
Kitchen scale has it around 3 pounds 5 ounces
>>
>>961122
Except I am saving weight, most tents weigh more than 700g...
>>
>>961216
>>961143
Thanks for the actual suggestions instead of just spouting tarp/bivy bullshit!
Both however seem a bit heavy, but thanks anyway
>>
>>961112
I see these recommended a lot, which one in particular would you recommend?
>>
>>961353
Rainbow2 don't bother with rainbow1 too small. No reliance on trekking poles and using poles make it freestanding sorta. can sleep 2 in a pinch.

all other 1man are good just depends on your need. some are bit better in the wind, some bit lighter all pretty good.

I have the stratospire2. Huge tent for 2 people. Material is quite robust for the weight and should last a long time.
>>
>>961351
How are you saving weight, except by not having a tent at all?
>>
Aliexpress has some tents that might fit that. Mostly floorless, single walled stuff.
Waterproof bivy or waterpoof sleeping bag might also work (not sure if anyone makes decent waterproof sleeping bags in the US though).
>>
>>961122
non hiker detected
>>
>>960263
Get a 3F UL 650g tent from Aliexpress.
Cost around $75 USD.

The seams are stitched well and all sealed. Comes with aliminium X pegs and ground sheet.
>>
>>961909
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>962145
Heard these are crap if you're tall? This true? I'm about 6ft2
>>
>>962454

How are you saving weight, except by not having a tent at all?
>>
>>962128
Bullshit. Only retards want to use tents that incorporate hiking poles. They're a stupid gimmick.
>>
>>962542
I could read the first one, how am I saving weight? Compared to what? If you're saying I'm not saving weight over a bivy tarp setup, I know that, I would jutst be more comfortable in a tent
>>
>>962564
I ain't him and just wow.

Just how do you figure, unless you are kneejerk stupid, anti-trek poles?
>>
>>962564
Not a gimmick, fag.
>>
>>962458
Yeah, its not great on size.
6ft2 guy in my group has one too and barely fits but he keeps using it as theres no good alternatives unless you spend stupid amounts.

Also note that the 3F UL store has closed down so I have no idea if other vendors have stock or are dropshipping a dead seller.
>>
>>962806
I'm not anti trekking poles. They are awesome for trekking. But the other guy is right, using them as tent poles is a gimmick. Enjoy your shitty nigger rigged tent
>>
>>963167
>I've never used trekking poles to set up my tent, but I just follow my unfounded opinion based on gut feeling.
Gotcha.
>>
>>963168
>Not upgrading to stick poles for maximum douchiness
>>
File: DD_SL_Tarp_tent_gallery_0637a.jpg (126KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
DD_SL_Tarp_tent_gallery_0637a.jpg
126KB, 750x500px
710g for this - http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/dd_superlight_tarp_tent?from_cat=43
>>
>>960263
$20 children's camping tent

It has enough room if you lie diagonally.
>>
>>963167
How is it a gimmick?
>>
>>966296
It's not.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.