[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 62

File: 1488280661594.jpg (231KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1488280661594.jpg
231KB, 600x1067px
#131-"Giant Spotted Bowfin" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>957696

Still looking for good stuff for the Pastebin and Imgur. Maybe we can get a list of Youtube vids and put them in the Pastebin or keep a couple important ones in the OP.

Thinking about picking up a new hobby? Want to get a memecaster? Haven't mastered the Palomar knot? Click here!
http://www.pastebin.com/u/fishingandtackle
https://imgur.com/a/1Xw3N

Talk about fishin
>>
File: DSCN8198a.jpg (123KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8198a.jpg
123KB, 1024x768px
>>959235

Soon.
>>
>>959581
#BOWFIN LIVES MATTER
>>
File: casting intensifies.jpg (210KB, 768x415px) Image search: [Google]
casting intensifies.jpg
210KB, 768x415px
>>959579
>>
>>959568
>i keep getting skunked: example post
>>
>>959588
Mmmm that should do nicely on those overcast days.
>>
Just went to the coffee shop to soak up some WiFi. looked at that video from >>959501

It's very nice and cleared up a few things and taught me a couple of new tricks...but my god that man needs to calm the fuck down. His hands shook so damn much it looked like he had a gun to his head.
>>
>>959618
He has a medical condition, from what I've read. Not because of stage fright or too much caffeine. I have a relative who married into the family with the same problem. Only now it has progressed that her head shakes a lot too. Pretty sad actually.
>>
>>959621
He's just having withdrawals from not fishing enough
>>
>>959631
Fucking kek
>>
>>959631
i am too even though i only went out yesterday,
got one fish refused to leave with a skunk
>>
>>959621
Suck for him but still kinda makes it hard to watch.

>>959631
>Have enough success to have a nice home with pool.
>Not turning that pool into a sweet little stock tank.

Fucking why do people do this shit. Is your love of smelling chlorine every time you go out back so strong that it makes more sense to dump chemicals into water rather than fish.
>>
>>959663
I had a pool at my last house but it was mostly for testing the action of lures.
>>
>>959663
Been planning in doing this for years
Too much work
>>
Looking into my first proper setup and spent about an hour getting my ear talked off by a nice guy at Sail. I was looking for a spinning reel combo for 100-150 but he recommended if I really wanted to do it proper to use a Shimono Nasci 2500 and a Daiwa Aird 6,6. comes out at about $200 canadian plus tax.

https://www.sail.ca/en/shimano-nasci-2500-fb-414270
https://www.sail.ca/en/daiwa-aird-x-s-6-pi-6-po-m-f-2-317381

Thoughts? Would I be splurging a bit too much for what is essentially a beginner rod?
>>
>>959670
Idk much about that reel, but you can't go wrong spending a little money on a Shimano spinning reel. The rod looks like it might be cheaper but that's ok since you really want to figure out what you like in rods before dropping a bunch of money on them.
>>
>>959666
You mean like the work of maintaining a fucking pool. Honestly the hardest part would be closing of the filter system and setting up some dirt for plants to grow. Then add some feeder fish and crappie. Do not even try with that bullshit that it takes more than that it doesn't. If you want a complex set up of catfish, bass, crappie, feeder fish for a 2 acre tank then yes but for a small pool that is basically nothing more than a koi pond it doesn't.
>>
>>959678
Getting a NICE. Pond would require work
Something that is asthetically pleasing , grows fish
Also figuring out how many plants you would need to have to keep the water clear
If you aren't going to have it totally plant filtered you're going to need to run a physical filter and a biological filter
Bio loads on small ponds can be harsh especially if you end up with alot of fish in it
That's like saying cooking is as easy as throwing a bunch of shit in the pot
You aren't accounting for measurements that should be done etc
>>
>>959678
Yeah but I wouldn't want to float in an inner tube and drink beer in a fish pond like I would a pool.
>>
>>959683
I know I know that hot tube out back of my place that was noting more than left to fill with rainwater algae was so hard. It's to small for anything more than the tadpoles and minnows that it holds but hey it took all of 0 fucking working.

Then again you described the way I have cooked everything (except rice) for years, so maybe you can not just do some thing with out a fucking instruction manual.
>>
>>959687
You have never swam in a stock tank?
>>
pepsi tell me where your IL honeyholes were at
>>
>>959691
To clean one I have when I worked in aquaculture but honestly they are pretty gross man.
>>
>>959690
A small scummy pond is different from a clean maintained pond
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with little scummy ponds. That's just now how I'd do it

One way is more difficult than the other
>>
>>959581
nice bowfins. Daily limit is just 1 here.
>>
>>959690
>someone wants to do something differently
>gets buttblasted
>>
>>959696
We might not be talking about the same thing here. Are you thinking fish farming tanks?
>>
>>959702
Yeah but it would be the same deal. I have worked in out door ponds and indoor tanks. They get super gross
>>
File: IMG_2696.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2696.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>959693
Here.

This is the best little suburban pond I have ever gone to. Any given day you can go there and get at least 5 keeper LMB within an hour. Or however long it takes the old people who live there to call the cops on you. Just say your grandma lives in #237.
>>
>>959707
Swimming in stock tanks is a Texas tradition so maybe we are just used to it or y'all just have shitty tanks.
>>
>>959711
If you want to get fish tank granuloma sure.
>>
File: IMG_2697.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2697.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>959693
Used to do these too and got some decent bass.

I mean I'm sure there's better stuff. You can get some nice fish out of Busse sometimes and I know there are some other lakes out by Bartlett or Batavia or some shit but those lakes were close to my house and it's nice to catch consitent 14"+ bass from shore.
>>
>>959713
Do you just sit at home in a bubble because of trace chances of getting hurt? Not swimming in a red tide is understandable not enjoying a day swimming with your friends because your friends brother knew someone that had a buddy in high school that got sick one time is stupid.
>>
>>959718
Dude what? The bacteria that causes fish tank granuloma is pretty common is aquaculture farm settings.

You sound like someone who smokes because grand pappy didn't get cancer from it even though he died from a heart attack caused by smoking. Do you also believe brushing your teeth stops you from getting cancer from dipping?

Would you roll around in pigs water? No. It's the same in a packed fish raising system. It's no where near as clean as natural bodies of water.

When you work in that environment you have to sign papers acknowledging that fish tank granuloma can kill you and that you should not enter the water with open wounds or cuts.
>>
File: tmp_22275-Cordell-Lake1079266446.jpg (455KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_22275-Cordell-Lake1079266446.jpg
455KB, 1600x1200px
>>959722
I'm not talking about a giant concrete pool over crowded with nasty ass farm raised tilapia.

Does this look like a nasty scum filled bacteria ridden hell hole?
>>
>>959755
>tfw want to post the Hope Solo spread pic so bad but blue board
>>
>>959757
Don't hold out nigga you got my email.
>>
>>959755
Yes. It does.
>>
>>959722
Also no I smoke because I'm addicted to it and I don't plan on living past 60 anyways.
>>
>>959763
Enjoy coughing and barely being able to walk 200 yards when your 40 tough guy.

Retards who talk shit about not living into old age are retarded. If you eat right and don't smoke and exercise you can run around in your 70s as a retired man fishing all you want just like when you were 20.

Enjoy destroying you body for nothing.
>>
>>959766
>he doesn't smoke in hope that it kills you quicker

top kek
>>
>>959761
I truly feel sorry for then. You will never the joys of camping out in a ranchers field with a girl. Fishing all day while drinking beer then eating fresh fish cooked over an open fire. Then skinny dipping in the tank while your dutch oven cobbler cooks.
>>
>>959766
Sure is great avoiding all the fun things I life so you can get an extra 20 years tacked on at the end.

>enjoy your proctology exams
>>
>>959770
Well I'm not some 20 year old retard anymore so no I don't miss or desire any of that. I have a real job and I'm saving for an actual boat these days to do real fishing and I don't waste time chasing pussy like a thirsty little fag.

You're from Texas so I'm assuming your 400 pounds and I'm sorry someone had to see you skinny dip.

>>959769
So cool.
>>
>>959773
You sound like you make 9 dollars an hour and justify being poor and unhappy by smoking and drinking.

Grow up and go to a 4 year school or a trade school.
>>
>>959774
Mmm that suburbs life is cash yo. Got to have that mortgage and 2.5 kids while working in a cubical. Haha casual Fridays right guys.
>>
>>959715
thanks friend

ive actually had decent luck at busse even tho people bitch about how pressured it is.

you ever rent a boat at busse?
>>
>>959776
Well I am married and have a vasectomy so I don't get my wife pregnant because she has type 1 diabetes and it would fuck her up so.. yeah sure dude.

Enjoy bank fishing like a nigger forever.
>>
>>959778
TIL swimming in a stock tank means you can't have a boat
>>
guys pls no more fighting

instead recommend me a ML or M rod for drop shotting. ~$125
>>
>>959780
Hell most of the ones I go to the ranchers have boats already at them. I use them when clearing out lily pads for them for rights to the tanks.
>>
>>959783
Are you firm on the $125? St Croix makes some danm nice rods for just a little bit more.
>>
>>959780
Did the Texas comment make you butt mad?

What he's saying is retarded. Especially in warm climates. Small bodied of fresh water carry amoeba that will eat your brain alive on top of other horrible skin infections. If you live in the southwest or southeast and jump in scum pools you're asking for a bad time.

His comments about smoking and "living" are even stupider. It doesn't sound cool or bad ass. It's just immature and dumb and none of it justifies smoking and wasting thousands of dollars a year that could fund a boat or trips to other countries to fish.

>>959783
Abu vendetta or bass pro extreme series rod. 1 piece.
>>
>>959788
id probably drop be willing to do 150
>>
>>959790
http://www.cabelas.com/product/ST-CROIX-MOJO-BASS-CASTING-ROD/2134381.uts?productVariantId=4432204&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04326206&rid=20&gclid=CjwKEAiA3NTFBRDKheuO6IG43VQSJAA74F77aWVXvLMh2FXoofzty7WNlHeZtlvuaSx9ncHDkf488hoCPN_w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
>>
>>959791
St croix makes some cheaper ones but the mojo line is worth the extra $20-$50 IMO.
>>
>>959789
chill out dude your talking to strangers on a Cambodian stick collecting forum. Who gives a fuck what other people choose to do with their lives.

talk bout' fishin
>>
>>959789
>Did the Texas comment make you butt mad?
Maybe a little

But really those cases are pretty rare for killing someone, so I wouldn't be too worried about it personally. You have more of a chance of drowning randomly dropping dead.

His pool idea was pants on head retarded though.
>>
>>959793
This shit really did go off the rails I guess I'm just getting more and more butt hurt about the direction this site has been going faster and faster every year.

I apologize for my shit posts and officially drop this matter.
So what are some good buzz baits to use. After watching that video I have learned that they are mostly weed less and want to give them a try.
>>
>>959796
I like the Buhda Baits one I have in 3/8ths.
>>
>>959796
The more obnoxious the better imo.

I've had the same cheap Strike King black and red buzz bait for years and its caught me countless bass. Its got that nice little squeak as the blade turns and splashes the shit out of the surface.
>>
>>959798
I saw some cheap wahoo ones at academy for like $2 are they worth it for trying them out?
>>
>>959800
I mean they might be alright. I'd just spend the few extra and get Strike King.
>>
>>959801
Alright I'll give it a shoot and just buy one for now.

The San Marcos river has shit tons of wild rice and the Blanco has so many sharp drops and debris that they're snag city.
>>
od damn I want to go to the coast so bad but I have to redo the lift kit on my XJ first.
>>
>>959766
i ice fish with a dude whos 86, still insiss on dragging his own sled, and drilling holes for everyone
>>
>>959808
Yep. It's not uncommon for healthy lifestyles. It's rare if he's 86 and smokes and drinks everyday. Then he's just lucky.

I meet a lot of guys in their 70s who solo hunt elk.
>>
>>959811
nope , he doesnt smoke or drink
he still hunts deer by himself on his own propetty and insists on dragging every deer out himself
>>
>>959777
Checked

And I haven't rented a boat there within the past two decades.

An old friend up there still goes to Busse and he posts nicer bass and walleye from time to time. If you're ever by that one in Rolling Meadows ever, go cast around for 15-20min.

>>959796
Lel somebody started drinkin a lil early today
>>
>>959834
Yes...but honestly I was stone sober when that all started it's just been a shitty couple days.
>>
>>959843
Well a shity couple days on 4chan. The real world has been nice. Got a 147 bowling and we had a large group show up for one of the guys birthday so got to see some people that I aint seen in over a year.
>>
>>959792

All the st croix rods I looked at have larger guides and it makes them look cheap when you're used to small guides.

That being said I almost got the 7'6" inshore rod.....and I probably will before the end of the year. I know that's overkill for what I do but gearfagging is gearfagging after all.
>>
>>959904
Yes they tend to use larger than average guides but they became famous due to surf rods that needed larger guides. Now I think it's more just an ingrained part of them but it does help a little with casting distance (not enough that it really matters).

That being said the larger guides due put a small amount of extra weight forward of the reel seat so when playing with them in the store they seem to have a better balance.
>>
>>959783
Mojo Bass is less than or right around that.
>>959773
>get an extra 20 years
30 - 50 goes pretty fucking fast. I'm not knocking your choices, just saying...
>>
>>959916

more weight in front of the reel is a negative for me. light rods have spoiled me.
>>
>>959928
They are still lighter or about the same as the other brands in their respective price range. But buy putting a little more wieght forward you get better control when jerking and twitching.
>>
File: box.png (2MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
box.png
2MB, 1500x1125px
Attempted to consolidate my most used lures into a 3700 box and realized I'm lacking in the swivel and sinker department. Still got 3 other big boxes to go through. Gotta get dem rooster tails on sale because I only found one left and it's starting to rust.
>>
>>959928
Those mojo bass rods are light as fuck. It's one of the lightest rods I've held.
>>
>>959937
>Dem chartreuse stick baits
>dem lizards
My nigga.

What's the white colored finesse worm?
>>
>>959938
This right here.

If you can find a store that has them in stock talk to them and see if they will put a test reel on it thats the same or equivalent to the reel you plan to pair with it. The balance and light wieght are the main things I like about the mojo series.
>>
friends, gonna try some salt water fishing from shore. shall i go into the shallow sandy surf for surfperch, or go far into the deep rocks for lingcod?
>>
File: gotcha.jpg (207KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gotcha.jpg
207KB, 768x1024px
>>959774
>not some 20 year old retard anymore
>anymore
>a real job
>saving for an actual boat
>real fishing
>don't waste time chasing pussy
>a thirsty little fag

this is the gayest beta non fisherman comment evaarrr? wtf is wrong with you girl? this boy gay as fuk. you say you gotta real job and you savin for a real boat. niqqa whut is a real boat? how much you saved so far? what kinda boat you got now? you ever have a boat before? you soun liek a female who never fished in her life. I give you 2/10 fags.

1 point for tryna attack a drunk niqqa on teh interwebs whilst converasting about fishing.
1 point for being the hugest faggot ive ever seen in a fishing thread.
now go collect your faggot award and be gone. we some grown men tryna talk fishin' that has been established.
>>
File: onions.jpg (59KB, 851x510px) Image search: [Google]
onions.jpg
59KB, 851x510px
>>959946
depends where you at. I will assume north or maybe south of point pidgeon. lots of perch in the surf right now but water clarity is a factor. 2" gulp sandworm tipped with a sliver of pile worm will be you best bet for success in the surf. Catching lings in the rocks will cost you gear so pack extra terminal gear for the day. Inshore lings are is a good prospect this time of year. dont be afraid to use the 5 inch power worms..in camo
Though a bit early, many of the larger females are making their way onto shallow inshore reefs readying for the upcoming spawn...if you think about it is the time when they get fucked...
where exactly are you bro? what are the gps coordinates for where you are fishing? how many fishing rods are you going to bring? what are you going to use for bait? send me a link to google maps of the spot you are going to fish i'll make you a app to use on your phone..bro we need to fish together, we'll slay them. I can fillet fish good because I worked onna boat and shit for a summer. whats your digits bro my phone got stolen and i lost it...
I have a real boat now you wanna fish?
>>
>>959708
Nice. I'm gonna check this out. I just got kicked out of a pond in Inverness today. Those houses were fuckhuge so I'm actually surprised it took so long.
>>
>>959939
Not him but I'm pretty sure that's a zoom trick worm
>>
>>959966
You also sound like a retard.

I have about 70k saved so far. Probably going to get a used bass cat of some type and a deep v boat for the ocean.
>>
>>959938

do you think i should go with ML/XF or M/XF?

was looking to drop shot mostly but wouldnt mind tying on shakey heads and wacky worming.

quick google search seems to recommend the M for general purpose pastics but i have some lighter tackle i wouldnt mind trying out. including a ned rig and smaller blade baits
>>
>>959983

been wondering if some golf places would let me slip in and fish now that its the off season...
>>
>>959983
I should've made friends with more rich kids from my high school. Lots of them lived out by Inverness and Barrington Hills and probably have lakes in their backyards and shit. My one friend who has a 10+ acre yard in Barrington Hills has a creek and little koi pond lel.
>>
>>959783
Enigma makes some nice rods. My net man(ha ha) is sponsored by them and I love the feel of their rods. Myself, I use Abu veritas for drop shot and I haven't found a rod in its price range that compares.
>>
>>959514
Missed you in the earlier thread. I don't know the name, but it's some shitty river a friend of mine knows in the direction of Mornington. I'm open to suggestions though; anywhere in the South Eastern suburbs would be ideal. You an Ausfag?

>>959487
We have a bunch of them between us, so looks like this is the go. Thanks for the advice man.
>>
>>959966
Pepsi, put your trip back on.
>>
>>960006
That's what I thought, but I don't think I've seen that color before on worms

>>960030
If you already have a good medium rod I'd do ML. Definitely try to find one in person though and see what you want.
>>
>>960076
I'm a different anon but am an ausfag.
Your options for fishing in melbourne are the following;

>Bream fishing in the Yarra and Maribyrnong
This is what I usually do, I use lures and it's pretty difficult, especially for beginners
Any fish caught in these rivers shouldn't be eaten btw

>Fishing in the Bay
You mentioned Mornington so if you have access to a boat I'd recommend fishing in the Bay or Western Port. You should be able to catch snapper and flathead fairly easily here in the summer, but in winter those two species will be hard to get. Gummy shark is available all year round as well and tastes great. Fish from these systems are fine to eat.

>Carp
Carp are in every shitty little creek around melbourne. Use google maps to find places to check out, think golf courses, run off drains, that sort of thing. City Carp spook really easily so you'll need to be cautious and quiet if you target them. You can't eat them and if you catch one you have to kill it. They're all pretty big too and fight hard.

>Albert Park Lake
Carp, Yellowbelly and trout can be caught here, all good fun to catch but again I wouldn't eat anything out of that lake.

That's pretty much it for melbourne, the fishing is honestly shitty here. If you have access to a car and camping shit I recommend going camping at the gippsland lakes or lake tyers. Fishing is a lot better there and it's fine to eat anything you catch.

Have fun.
>>
File: IMG_2118.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2118.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>960110
Chartruese pepper? I have like one of everything Zoom makes in that color. Now that I think about it, idk if I have the Trick Worms in chartruese pepper. I know I have the Finesse Worms in that color and the Trick Worms in Limetruese.
>>
>>960076
Yeah I'm from SA, don't know too much about fishing in the far eastern states though apart from what I read and see on TV. If you're fishing that close to the city it would be fair to say anything you catch inland will probably be highly inedible due to pollution, I'd defo research that before going to any river.
>>
>>960129
No the sparkly grey/white ones
>>
>>960116
Do many vicfags ever go to the west to fish much? I live near the SA Vic border and fish within a few hours drive from there and it seems to be usually just us South Aussies and New south Welshmen who go to these spots (Mullaroo, Swan Hill, Neds Corner, Nangiloc, Boundary Bend etc).

Would love to try places like Deniliquin and Lake Mulwala one day but that's a bit of a drive to potentially only just catch a few Carp.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-01-08-09-34.png (355KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-01-08-09-34.png
355KB, 1440x2560px
>>960133
Its their white ice color.

Pic related
>>
File: Untitled.png (256KB, 1212x597px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
256KB, 1212x597px
>dat feel when flooding yet again
>dat feel when Sat and Tues are schedule days for other shit and the past 2 months they have been perfect fishing days
>>
>>960148
I don't see worms listed in that though. That could be bass pros version of the trick worm he has pictured. I think bass pro calls that color ice white too
>>
File: Paper Towel.jpg (9KB, 312x207px) Image search: [Google]
Paper Towel.jpg
9KB, 312x207px
>>960148
>white lure on white background

Looks like someone sprinkled pepper on a paper towel.
>>
File: fuckingfloods1.jpg (464KB, 1592x880px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingfloods1.jpg
464KB, 1592x880px
>>960151
I had this feel for the last few months and couldn't wait for the water to recede. Now the water has dropped back down and the roads are all repaired, all the big native fish were killed off from the blackwater and the European Carp population has skyrocketed to the point they are all you catch now, whether you use a rod or a bait net.
>>
>>960154
Half the lure is clearish grey and the half is solid white. Some lures in that pattern have various glitter added as silver flake or black metallic or blue.
>>
Zoom plastics on sale at cabellas rn
>>
I can use a jerkbait rod for any methods of fishing, right? Are there some things I should avoid using it for?

it's a 6'6 with 0.22 braided line
>>
>>960202
So they're the price they are at Walmart and academy?
>>
>>960210
idk, i dont know what academy is and i dont go to wallmart often
most shit is like $3
>>
>>960209
Yes it'll be fine. Not ideal, but you won't hurt anything.

>>960211
You've never heard of academy sports + outdoors? Where are you at?

They normally have zoom stuff for a dollar or two cheaper than cabelas though, at least in Texas.
>>
>>960009
>70k saved so far

yeah sure you do..
>>
>>960217
Well I make 105k a year pipe welding and fitting so yeah...
>>
>>960216
northeast
>>
>>960217
Not him But im 20 and have 15k+ in savings, no debt, and vehicles paid off

No House yet but thats a next step
>>
Trying to find a bulk pack 50 or 100 jig spinners online and they're way overpriced. Any hookups?
>>
>>960219

>tfw you can tell a liar by the way he types
>>
>>960216
>>960220
Yeah, I always hear people on the internet talk about Academy and Big 5 and I have no idea what the fuck they're talking about either.
>>
File: ass rekt.gif (4MB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
ass rekt.gif
4MB, 425x425px
>>960246
Do you lie or get lied to regularly in middle school, kid?
>>
>>959939
I own a pack, pretty sure they're zoom finesse worms in "white ice" or something like that. Cant find them on zoom's website though
>>
>>960059
>My one friend who has a 10+ acre yard in Barrington Hills has a creek and little koi pond lel.

Yeah, that place is nuts. I live in Crystal Lake and there's no shortage of wealth here, but my one buddies in BH has a fucking lake with nude statues pissing in the middle of it. Pretty obscene.

I think I need to follow your footsteps and GTFO here soon. Fishing isn't anything worth writing home about, and the middle class is quickly disappearing. Soon this area is going to be nothing but McMansions and Section 8.
>>
>>960246
>>960258
What?

The 105 is before taxes so I'm not clearing that even
>>
>>960152
I think they were a limited edition. I definitely owned a pack that was Zoom, got em at Dick's 6 months ago probably
>>
>>960221
>>960251
I guess academy is just a southern thing then

>>960259
>>960265
It's a dope color for sure
>>
>>960265
Wouldn't surprise me. That would beer a good saltwater color
>>
I missed the 1$ Rooster Tail sale at BPS, any chance they're gonna have a similar sale within a couple months? They always have the normal holiday sales but then they'll toss up a random one and I cant find any rhyme or reason to it
>>
>>960272
I only see it once a year usually so you may be boned
>>
File: DSCN8224a.jpg (345KB, 1024x1534px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8224a.jpg
345KB, 1024x1534px
>>959588
>>959612
>purple feathers IRL
>blue in photos

This is actually a very striking purple IRL. This took longer since each step that uses epoxy takes 12 hours to cure and I added an extra epoxy step by applying glitter.
>>
>>960289
>not using 5 minute epoxy

Why?
>>
>>960290
I'm behind 7 epoxies.
>>
>>960272
Make your own. Either via kits or put together your own kit. You just need some thread, feathers, and/or squirrel tail to make dressed hooks.
>>
File: DSCN7677a.webm (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN7677a.webm
3MB, 320x240px
>>960290
30 min epoxy is better than 5 min epoxy because of the extra working time you have. The 30 min stuff is also 2-ton epoxy and holds up better as a topcoat.
>>
>>960295
I gave ur mum a top coat last night. It only took about a minute to spray her with the epoxy though.
>>
>>960298
kek
>>
File: DSCN6855b.jpg (473KB, 920x3108px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN6855b.jpg
473KB, 920x3108px
>>960298
My parents have been dead longer than you've been alive most likely.
>>
>>960301
That's what makes it so sexy.

>pic related is your dad while he watched all ready with a poncho for the sky rockets
>>
File: my_parents_are_deeaaaaaad.jpg (37KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
my_parents_are_deeaaaaaad.jpg
37KB, 320x310px
>>960301
>>
File: Donald trump Wins.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Donald trump Wins.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>960301
>kid
>>
>>960289
That turned out realy well.
>>
Tax refund just hit. Time to blow it on a swimbait setup¿
>>
>>960315
Get a Loomis extra heavy 7 foot 10 with a Shimano curado 300e size
>>
Do you think if the eyes are not even/symmetrical on a lure/fly it will swim off kilter?
>>
>>960133
I don't recall ever seeing any white Zoom worms, do you?

>>960148
I have some Flukes in that color, it's almost transparent on the bottom and then white on top.

>>960261
Yeah I hate going back up there now. Being in the actual city is nice, but I get bored so fucking quick. Plus the weather makes you want to kill yourself 6mos out of the year.

Last time I was up there, I stayed with a friend in Palatine and planned to be there for like 10 days and left after 4. I couldn't take it anymore.

It's 87F and sunny for 6mos here and 75F and sunny the other 6mos.
>>
>>960174
It should have been shot on a neutral color so you can see it better. "contrast" and all that.
>>
>>960329
Nah that's why I was wondering who made them

>>960317
Idk I'm still not sold on the swimbait thing it seems pretty impractical for where I am, but I really like the idea of it.
>>
>>960006

Yeah it is. I don't have any shorter worms.

Picked up more stuff today while walmart and basspro still have things on sale.
>>
>>960343
I'm shocked that you don't use them living in texas. Get the new live target gold shiner swim bait. Texas and Florida is loaded with those bait fish and bass kill them daily. If they are not eating shad they are killing golden shiners and roaches
>>
File: 64364442.jpg (150KB, 463x340px) Image search: [Google]
64364442.jpg
150KB, 463x340px
>>959581
>>
>>960291
kek
>>
>>960355
Damn, that would be a good one if it were better quality and didn't have that shitty website on it.
>>
File: 2016-02-02-SKP-EDUart-reels-755.jpg (109KB, 755x400px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-02-SKP-EDUart-reels-755.jpg
109KB, 755x400px
Redpill me on baitcasters /out/. I get that they are supposed to be more accurate than spinning reels, but more than that there seems to be a sort of pretentious attitude towards them. Basically:
>spincaster
For kids
>spinning
For amatuers
>baitcaster
For pros
>flyreel
For purists and old timers

I have always used a spinning reel, should I invest in a baitcaster? Is there any really good reason to do so?
>>
>>960352
Well in DFW there isn't a lot of clear water or big numbers of big bass. I'm not not patient enough to throw one lure all day and get one big fish. I'd rather catch 5 3 pounders than 1 10 pounder.

I might get one of those live target swimbaits though. I saw one at BPS the other day and they looked good.
>>
>>960363
They are pretty cheap too and swim good.

I catch smaller fish on them as well. Sometimes you can stack fish up with them when a senko, jig, or spinner bait isn't getting hit.
>>
>>960362
Bait caster for things over a quarter ounce or more. Spinning for finesse presentation and 6 to 8lb fluorocarbon lines and drop shots.

Saltwater? Your choice. Just maintain the bait casters better. You cast much further with bait casters I don't care what anyone says. If you know how to use one week with limited braking or magnetic back lack resist you can throw heavy lures off the spool.
>>
>>960370
Thanks
>>
>>960362
I don't get what people mean when they say baitcasters are more accurate, I have both types of reel and notice no difference.

Spincasters are indeed for kids, they are notorious for breaking or failing in some way very quickly, they have low line capacity, and they are ugly in my opinion.

The things I like about baitcast reels are: they have a fast retrieve speed which means you don't need to reel as fast to retrieve fast moving lures. They perform well no matter how full the spool is, so if you have to cut off some line you will not lose casting distance. Since you don't need to hold the line with your finger while casting, you can cast heavy lures very hard using braid and not have the line hurt your finger. I also think that baitcast reels and rods are aesthetically pleasing and fun to use.

The obvious downside is that you will be a bit limited in the lure weight you can use. 1/4 ounce weights and up are ideal. You can throw a 1/8 oz lure on a lighter casting rod with light line, but anything under that will be difficult and not worth using a baitcast reel for.
>>
>>960362
I got a black max because I was so used to spinning reels and wanted to learn about other ways to fish (heavier lures, longer casts, a little more technical). I havent found out exactly what makes it better besides looks though since there's a learning curve
>>
>>960363
Dick's has a sale on Livetarget baits, at least around me. Ends March 3rd
>>
>>960374
My bad on the typos. On mobile.

Just learn to use a baitcaster. You will thank yourself later.
>>
>>960378
You can easily stop a baitcaster cast heading towards a dock bt thumbing the spool and slowing down the lure mid flight. Doesn't work as well with a spinning reel. You also aim down the lure through the rod eyelets on the cast which lends to more accurate casts if you realize it or not you still do it because it allows for better follow-through of the cast.
>>
>>960386
Aim down the rod* not lure. Typos. By, not bt
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2848x2070px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2848x2070px
>>960362
>non level wind conventionals
For gods.
>>
>>960369
I'd be willing to give it a try, but I dont think I'm ready to commit to a full blown set up for them.

>>960378
I'm more accurate with bait casters because I think it's easier for me to consistent with my thumb. I'll fuck up and and shank it right/left way more with a spinning reel.

I used to be pretty good when I used spinning all the time tho.

>>960381
Thanks for the heads up
>>
do you guys ever post recent catches or is that some kind of fagging that you dont like here
>>
>>960395
>recent catches

The ice was too sketchy this year for ice fishing so the last time I caught anything was months ago and the new season doesn't start until 15 Apr
>>
>>960398
im sorry anon, plenty of ice up here in ontario
>>
>>960400
Yeah, it sucks. I'm in the Maritimes. The ice was touch and go into January here, when it did freeze enough it was still too questionable to drive onto with a plough but was covered in like a meter of hard-packed snow that wasn't worth trying to shovel. Now it's too soft again. I've got the Spring fish fever bad now though, so I'm counting the days until the season opener.
>>
File: IMG_0018.jpg (416KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0018.jpg
416KB, 1080x1920px
>>960395
we rarely catch anything

we just like buying stuff and talking about it
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 360x640px
>>960395
I posted a couple new feesh in the last thread
>>
>>960388
I have 3 of these passed down from my grandfather. Are they just used for trolling? I really have no idea how to use them.
>>
File: conehead.jpg (82KB, 639x1136px) Image search: [Google]
conehead.jpg
82KB, 639x1136px
>>960413
>>960411
nice largies. Cant wait for spring to get back out for largemouth and smallmouth. currently ive been fishing for trout, but I did get 1 largie through the ice.
>>
File: reels.png (1MB, 848x1464px) Image search: [Google]
reels.png
1MB, 848x1464px
>>960362
>>
File: Panzer virgin killer sweater.jpg (6KB, 249x202px) Image search: [Google]
Panzer virgin killer sweater.jpg
6KB, 249x202px
>>960395
I rarely ever even take my camera with me fishing. It is too much of a bother trying to keep up with rods.

>>960151
Can't fish when everything is flooded and I can't even leave the house. The upside is I can fish off my front porch now...

>>960158
lol They actually block the roads there? Here we either ford it or fuck off but it is never blocked by a fence. It is rare there's a current across any of the roads.
>>
>>960433
Aren't conventional reels used almost exclusively for large species saltwater angling and surfcasting?
I live near the ocean but do 99% of my fishing on inland freshwater.
>>
File: 1488413287759.png (2MB, 848x1464px) Image search: [Google]
1488413287759.png
2MB, 848x1464px
>>960433
fixed
>>
yo faggots first time poster, whats the best way of catchin big catties. im fairly new to actual fishing but were i go fishing is a river nearby and its full of catfish, the occasional bream, bullsharks and eels.

i used prawns as bait and most of my catches are pretty small catfish. now and then i'll catch a cattie about 30cm + long but they're usually smaller.

whats the best bait i could use for fishing for bigger catfish. do catfish like squid?

>pic related
>>
File: 976987697869876.png (369KB, 348x1024px) Image search: [Google]
976987697869876.png
369KB, 348x1024px
>>959581
>>959581

daily reminder that if you aren't fishing Shimano you are a gear-nigger
>>
>>960447
Catfish will bite almost everything. They don't even have to be hungry, they are very territorial and will bite anything near their hole.
Worms are great for catfish, you will also have a lot of luck with bacon, chicken gizzards, or hotdogs.
If the water is very murky, as is common in Spring, use something that smells strong, like rotten oily fish bits or chicken gizzards, and something that makes a bit of noise, like a top water or rattle.
>>
File: IMG_20170301_132158470.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170301_132158470.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
First time getting a fish on first cast.

Crappie are beautiful but I can't seem to find any bass recently.
>>
>>960449
hows the clarus do you own any?
>>
>>960449
what about penn?
>>
>>960291
well played
>>
>>960329
>It's 87F and sunny for 6mos here and 75F and sunny the other 6mos
I'd lose my fucking mind. I need/love the weather changes in the northeast. I can't stand anything over 75f/75% humidity.
>>
File: 1461642138405.jpg (11KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1461642138405.jpg
11KB, 360x240px
>spring break is in two weeks
>all the ice on the lake is gone
>walleye season is open until the beginning of may
>will more than likely be able to get the boat out on the water for the second time, first time actually fishing out of it
>mfw
>>
>>960492
wow nvm walleye season is only open until the 15th of this month

fuck me
>>
whats the difference between a rat l trap and other lipless crankbaits?
>>
>>960500
Amount of vibration/rattle/angle of the dangle and slight variations in profile
>>
>>960327
If the eyes are protruding, sure.

>>960437
The day before that photo the water was covering half the road, was going to go and see how much it went up the next day and saw they blocked it, bastards, I was keen on trying to run some Carp over.
>>
File: 4.jpg (103KB, 566x662px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
103KB, 566x662px
>>960395
>>
File: 2.jpg (87KB, 662x662px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
87KB, 662x662px
>>960527
>>
File: 5.jpg (102KB, 1010x662px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
102KB, 1010x662px
>>960529
>187 / 38 / 42 / 1 [
>>
File: 7.jpg (57KB, 662x662px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
57KB, 662x662px
>>960530
short ice season this year
>>
File: 9.jpg (35KB, 372x662px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
35KB, 372x662px
>>960531
should i go fishing tomorrow?
>>
File: IMG_0579.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0579.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>960530
>>960531
>>960529
nice i went out for panfish, didnt get any and this happened
>>
File: 3.jpg (27KB, 662x662px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
27KB, 662x662px
>>960539
nice one, i only got out 4 times this year, No big bass this year either
a handful about this size but not much bigger
though i watched a guy pull a 7 pounder out on a tip up
>>
File: IMG_20170228_204949.jpg (351KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170228_204949.jpg
351KB, 1200x1600px
I'm here again
Is it spring yet?
Will Pepsi buy me more braid?
>picture unelated, #4 crease fly I did with some glitter foam I found at Wal-Mart for ¢77/sheet
>>959591
>picture stolen
>>959670
You dont need to spend nearly that much
>okuma avenger ~$50 us
>Fenwick eagle ~$50 us
Youll be set for years
>>959755
I mean I would boil it before drinking but...
>>959769
>when you don't smoke cigs for the single reason of it hurts your lungs with each drag, ignoring the cancer
Pipes and cigars are nice though
>>959773
To be fair its probavly not going to be a quick death
Horrible pain, coughing up blood, etc
I'll probably just one day decide life sucks enough to end it all before I'm that old though
>>959937
Lead gets pricey quick, doesnt it
>>959946
Both
Or if you have to choose one, ask the
Local tackle shop which is biting better
>>960289
Gotta love cameras huh
>>960327
Maybe but it can probably be tuned if it does
>>960362
Honestly I prefer baitcasters for finesse shit if I can cast it, just more comfortable to me
And a fly rod doesnr have to be that way
>be me
>fishing
>crappie loving 1 inch floating rapala
>hard to casy past 25'
>tie it to fly rod and drop the front hook
>easy 40'+ casts
>purist wants to murder me
>>960388
This
>>960395
No fish in ohio from me yet
>>960445
>no fly reel
Go find a picture of an old man holding up a 7 inch brook trout and finish your picture
>>960464
Crappie are fun
>first cast fish
Thats a bad sign for me. Never had a good day when I got something first cast
>>960533
Yes
>>
File: 6.jpg (77KB, 1264x662px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
77KB, 1264x662px
>>960539
>>960541
aa few little pickerel on jigs as well as well as this perch
>>960530
that was a nice big 16 inches
>>
tomorrow will probably be a shitty day to fish
just rained
no preassure /slowly building
colder then today by 15 degrees

am i right in assuing fishing will be shit?
>>
File: 92TYL2W.jpg (33KB, 356x356px) Image search: [Google]
92TYL2W.jpg
33KB, 356x356px
So my experience with fly fishing is only catching a bluegill with a paracord lure. I bought a pair of some grasshopper flies at wally world for $2.
I know I can cast a paracord lure about 8 feet away with my spinning rod, and so I guess I should give the grasshopper a try in the river where the current can take it.
Any suggestions? Should add split shot?
>>
>>960543
I was actually just thinking about you today skid (no homo). I missed your autistic fly posts. It's almost spring so I should be able to finally put what you've taught me to use
>>
>>960547
Yeah post front days usually suck. Still worth going out though.

>>960548
Out of curiosity why didn't you get one of those rebel grasshopper top water lures?
>>
>>960554
i guess il go to my pickerel pond and see if i can get anything stirred up
>>
>>960554
>>960556
i might even bring a second heavier rod an try throwing spinnerbait to see if that gets anything
>>
>When the sun was setting and you can't stop for beer on your way fishing.
>When you finally get home and slam that first one
>When you see skid is back

>>960543
Welcome back faggot it's been a while. Have you been working extra or what?
>>
>>960395
I am not big on pics but my buddy is so here is his gar from yesterday.
>>
>>960556
>>960563
Worth a try. I still haven't really figured out the bite after a front. Usually a senko is the only thing that works for me.

>>960572
Did you ever catch anything on those jigs I made?
>>
>>960584
Not yet. This gar are just starting to get active again and I left them at home. Going to try them next time.

I might trail a perch behind one as they kept stealing our bait today and we could not get a hook set with the circle hooks.
>>
File: skids_next_bike.jpg (67KB, 750x634px) Image search: [Google]
skids_next_bike.jpg
67KB, 750x634px
>>960543
>>960464

>first cast fish
>Thats a bad sign for me. Never had a good day when I got something first cast
Agree with you on this skid. If I catch something on my 3rd cast it almost always turns out to be a good day. 1st or 2nd cast it almost always turns to shit.

Good to see you back.
>>
>>960584
Oh I got 2 spinner baits and some 50% florocarbon line at Academy today. Thinking about trying them out after I let the chickens out tomorrow.
>>
>>960601
50% off*

They had 200 yards of 15 lb h2o express marked from 14 and some change to 7 and some change
>>
File: IMG_20170228_190431.jpg (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170228_190431.jpg
1MB, 1200x1600px
>>960548
Biggest suggestion: buy a fly rod

If you're not in to that, get a float bubble so you can cast it, but it will make a good disturbance in the water
If youre having trouble try "drowning" it (soak it with water so it sinks slightly, will also give it a little weight to cast)
>>960551
Definitely check the orvis reports on water near you, if you fish bigger rivers at all, theyll give you tips on species and patterns from actual guides
And the local fly shop is your friend
>>960565
Nah, ive been wasting all my time on my boyfriend. Cant fish, not tying much, didn't really bother with the thread much, so ive been bugging him
With things barely warming up and the rain insane that trend will probably continue. I'm probably moving again soon so I'm going to be jobless again for a hot minute but thats enough blog posting from me
But I love this foam
>pic related
>>960584
How are thode big baits treating you?
>>
>>960594
>that thing
I dont know what it is but it's kinda cool
And thanks, hopefully crappie will wake up soon
Ive been tying #12-#6 clouser minnows lol
>>
File: IMG_6180.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6180.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Okay I finally finished putting the grip and butt on my rod and wrapping paracord in between. Can't wait to use it.
>>
>>960621
that's pretty neat
>>
>>960529

what are you gonna do with that big ass shiner?
>>
>>960543

bought more lead today, probably enough to last this year. going to bullet/cone shaped weights has been the best thing i've ever done since they can't come off. split shots seem to always disappear after a while no matter how much clamping with pliers i do.

i occasionally rig a split shot onto a hook as a ghetto rigged weighted hook for small swimbaits to keep them upright.
>>
>>960621
Tactical Fishing Rodâ„¢
>>
>>960447
>not going for the bullsharks
>>
>>960643
If you're not over worried you can wrap the line around the split shot so your line runs through it twice. that's what I do and it holds nicely
>>
>>960447
Chicken liver tied in pantyhose on a 2/0-5/0 circle hook depending on whst looks right to you, that gets me channel cats up to 28 inches (well over 60 cm) which is about all the bigger id want to eat
>>
>>960642
Just get it out of the pond
Said pond has alot of them in it and alot getting to the large stage
Not too many bass left In there that will eat them. And large gold shiners eat bass eggs
Trying to get rid of the big golden shiner population in that lake

I also was going to keep it live for pike bait but I didn't used it for cut bait instead
Or I might have tossed that one to the seagulls to keep them away from our good fish
>>
>>960679
Oh yeah. You're that retard who thinks they have degree is fisheries biology and just pull fish from a lake to kill them for "management" lol.

Kill yourself. PBR and ice fishing rod don't qualify you to do what you're doing.

Even small bass eat large golden shiners you dumb fuck.
>>
>>959581
hey peps can i get the image without the text pls? x
>>
File: 1486042512095.jpg (376KB, 730x801px) Image search: [Google]
1486042512095.jpg
376KB, 730x801px
>>960694
>>
Has anyone fished the Boise river near garden city yet? The higher waters are making a lot of nice jettys.
>>
>>960588
Cool I'm excited to see if they work lol

>>960601
Let me know how it is. I'm always wary of trying store brand lines.

>>960603
Still haven't caught anything with them. Those worms might do work in the next month or so tho.
>>
>>960694
i do though
and i was asked by the owner of the pond to help do exactly that
im not going to go against what the owner of a private pond asks just because im a chode like you
>>
>>960717
He's a retard and so are you
>>
File: tmp_5163-TXFL991856212382.gif (673KB, 1170x1170px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5163-TXFL991856212382.gif
673KB, 1170x1170px
Happy Independence Day to all my Texas friends. Thight lines and cold beer for everyone.
>>
>>960726
Might go get an Alamo tat today to celebrate
>>
>>960730
>>
I just bought one of those gander mtn vortex rods that were one sale for 20 bucks. Did you get one Pepsi?
>>
>>960739
Danm $20 bucks is a nice price.
>>
im thinking about getting a mini casting rod for fucking around
anthing from throwing crankbaits to tossing bucktails in the salt etc
45 inches,
how shitt of an idea is this
>>
>>960744
If you want it to be small for transport then get you a telescopic rod. I have one that stays in my XJ with a small pack of gear so I can pull off and fish new areas or when I have time to kill.
>>
>>960746
I don't want a shitty telescoping rod that will break
Plus I don't think many cheap telescoping rods can handle me flinging1 oz bucktails or punching with then
>>
>>960753
Just get a st Croix travel rod
>>
>>960755
i just want to give a babby rod a shot, i can keep a 7 ft one piece rod with me all the time in my truck if i want

i want to catch stripper and bluefish bigger than my rod
>>
>>960759
I guess man but your cast distance is going to blow. I would get a 9 foot 4 or 5 piece travel rod if I was tossing bucktails and poppers for blues and striper from shore
>>
Will 10# flouro be enough for catching redfish/sea trout or should I up my line a little?
>>
>>960763
I use 20-25 for reds and 15 for spec but I fished in places with fast moving water or oyster beds.
>>
>>960763
Where are you going?
>>
>>960768
Freeport/Galveston most likely. I probably won't have to use my own rods, but I'm gonna bring one just in case. Worst case I'll just set the drag fairly loose and hope for the best.
>>
>>960763
Just use 20lb fluorocarbon leader with braid
>>
>>960771
You should be fine with 15lb out there.
>>
>>960764
i going tobe int he chorpus christy area in 1-2 months
how to fish to catch stuff
>>
>>960744
I've heard worse but maybe consider a take down rod?
>>960763
Double it
>>
>>960784
2 way split leader with 2oz pyramid wieght on the bottom and a size 5 or 6 hook on the top. Bait with dead shrimp, cut squid, cut bait fish, crab, or dead finger mullet. Soak on the bottom from from the pier. At night use a size 4 treble hook on a trout popper with steal leader, bait with live shrimp and fish near (not right under) the lights.
>>
>>960795
do you fish the area? il be a bit firther south there In Port a to be exact, not surre what kinds of rods il have access to
>>
>>960798
No I surf fish the PINS when in Corpus but that set up will work for redfish, black drum, sheapshead, small shraks, sting rays, gafftop and a few others for the soak bait. The night time one will get you spec and sand trout. This works for any spot on the gulf coast and can be done with minimal gear requirements. Surf fishing on the other hand can be done the same as the soak bait method but is far better done with surf gear.
>>
why are muskies considered so difficult to catch?
>>
>>960772
>>960780
>>960794
Damn I was trying to keep from respooling a reel. I can probably do some swapping around though. Thanks y'all.
>>
>>960813
10lbs is going to be fine if there is no structure but fish will break that shit even if they rub it through a small sand bar and you're going to be pissed off or if you hook a monster.
>>
Some new stuff in for bass and perch fishing this summer
Also lakeforktackle throws in a bunch of freebies when you order direct from them
>>
File: IMG_20170302_124836298_HDR.jpg (5MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170302_124836298_HDR.jpg
5MB, 5344x3006px
>>960815
Pardon my dumb
>>
>>960801
i dont want to pay to go off the pier , cant i just fish from t he shore? if i dont mind not catching monsters
>>
>>960811
They are large intelligent fish in relatively low numbers depending on the fishery. Most monster musky have been caught before and are cautious of lures. You probably will cast at the same musky in a small lake hundreds of times before it even chased a lure if its 60 inches or more.

That's why they call it the fish on 10 thousand casts

Small ones are easier to catch.

>>960816
That fry ring worm is dank
>>
I think I'm gonna get a the new Chronarch MGL soon, but the Metanium is looking really good too. Pls help.

>>960814
Well the reel spooled with 10# on is a glass rod, so it should be a little more forgiving. I'll give it a shot either way worst cast I have another rod I can use.
>>
>>960820
ive never had much luck with lures like that , though ive never fished them much, they feel pretty soft and look like they would have akiller action
>>
>>960813
You could stay with 10lb but just keep in mind that these are fish that are used to swimming in tides and currents all day not sitting next to a log like bass. They are fast and strong, they will peel off line with some very impressive runs. I know people that have landed big 30"+ bull reds on on light tackle but I have also watched my 30lb line go slack slack when I thought an extra turn on the drag would be ok and a redfish decides he is going to make a third run.
>>
>>960819
Sure if thats what you want to do, a pier will get you further out to where the better spots are but I have landed some nice fish from the shore. Just not as often.
>>
>>960824
Ned rig them on z man mushroom head jig heads work them slow and dead stick them.

Thank me later.
>>
>>960831
i need to get some mushroom jig heads , i never buy jigheads or hooks
>>
>>960826
What's the minimum line capacity you'd suggest? All of mine should be 125-150 yds.
>>
>>960816
>garlic and salt impregnated

Let me guess, you were drunk when you ordered those off QVC at 2am.
>>
>>960837
All lake fork soft plastics are like that. It actually works. Replicates the flavor of blood very well. That's why garlic and salt soaked fish work so well for catfish.
>>
>>960829
i dontknow what rods my family will have , id like to bring hooks of my own and lures of my own but cant bring them on the plane
>>960837
thats how all of them are, the smell isnt that overwhelming but nice balence actually
>>
>>960837
>he's such a noob he thinks lake fork tackle lures are some banjo minnow meme from TV commercials
>>
>>960840
>tfw made mom order me banjo minnows when i was super young
>>
>>960841
Kek.

Did you enjoy trying to cast them as the wind made them their bitch?
>>
>>960834
15lb if you are mostly just casting lures in flats and off piers and such for reds and trout. Best to have a steal leader for the trout but I use 50lb spiderwire for my trout leaders as it allows a more natural presentation while still holding up to their teeth.
>>
>>960842
i never fished them much, and dont think i caight a single thing with them
>>
who here carpfish?
in about a week im going to be spencin a bunch of time at my grandfathers house to take care of him ,
he's fine most of the time more for just checking in on him
nearby is a small pond with panfish bass and carp so i will probably fish that a bunch when im there,
how to catch carp?
>>
>>960834
Oooo get yourself a couple flounder jigs and bounce them along the bottom.
>>
>>960841
>tfw I did too and I actually liked them/got fish on them
Now I nose hook flukes on an octopus hook, works nicely. I actually might buy banjo minnows on amazon just to see how shit they really are compared to.my memory
>>
>>960849
normal flukes i run like that, paddletail i still usually run weedles

was going to go out today and go fihing but its rediculously fucking windy so fuck that
>>
File: Gimmicks.jpg (31KB, 361x226px) Image search: [Google]
Gimmicks.jpg
31KB, 361x226px
>>960838
>>960839
>>960840
>how to catch a sucker every time: add flavor to the bait
>>
>>960845
> #2 baitholder with corn on it
>add weight
>plunk
>wait
>carp
Or you could try a fly rod
>find a fly the carp like
>find a feeding carp
>cast several patterns iver dozens of casts at a carp with its tail up
>???
>carp
>>
>>960854
corn usually ends up getting picked off bu the bluegill there
plus i feel like me throwing lures with a second rod spooks them off
>>
File: QT with fish.jpg (125KB, 1024x646px) Image search: [Google]
QT with fish.jpg
125KB, 1024x646px
OP image for a future thread?
<-------------
>>
wats your braided line of choice friendos
>>
>>960855
Carp can be pretty shy, so lures might scare them off, but ive never had an issue with the corn
You could get in to the ivwr complicated boilie bullshit the eurocucks do
>>
>>960845
>how to catch carp?
Use a bow

>>960847
I'll see if I can find some
>>
>>960859
Powerpro
>>
I recently bought a 2000 sized spinning reel since all my reels are 4000s and above and I wanted to pair it with either a light or medium light rod for redfish, speckled trout, flounder, and LMB if I'm ever near fresh water to make it more challenging. Which pole should I choose?
>>
>>959966
kek
>>
>>960872
7 foot medium light fast
>>
>>960872
Okuma sst Kokanee's ultralight .7 ft 6
If you're gonna go light. Go light
>>
File: aaa.jpg (978KB, 1716x3051px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
978KB, 1716x3051px
>>960395
>>
>>960888
Nice rainbow bowfin.
>>
File: aaaa.jpg (1MB, 1657x2946px) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
1MB, 1657x2946px
>>960893
locals call em broods. they stock them in various rivers around my hometown around this time of year. they're dumb as shit but fun as hell to catch on a 5wt. fins look like they've been put in a blender from living in stock tanks for so long.
>>
>>960895
broods usually refers to broodstock , meaning theyre of breeding age, where i from we only put inbroodstock when they stop producing , though theyre usually much bigger
>>
how much work would it be to strip a rod down to its blank and rebuild
or at minimul rip the eyelets off and replace the,
the reel seat is okay still but want to replace some eyelets
>>
>>960906
Get a heat gun and don't get it too hot and fuck it up.

Good luck.
>>
>>960901
yeah. that's what they are. they are fairly good sized fish and easy to catch after they get dumped. a lot of purists turn their nose up at them because they are stocked and put strain on the wild brown trout populations. i still like catching them though
>>
>>960907
if im replacing some of them i may as well replace them all , i also would like to replace the rear cork since the old one is kinda fucked up
>>
>>960908
Purists are fags who smell their own farts and gather around in assless waders to fuck each other on the bank of the river.
>>
>>960882
This was more what I was thinking
>>960884
I was considering UL as well, but I think an over slot red wouldn't have a problem breaking that while fishing in a kayak?
>>
>>960911
hahaha
>centerpin purists
>>
>>960918
Run some 15-20 lb braid and keep a light drag
I'm going to try to get some big carp on my ultralight this upcoming week
>>
>>960893
>rainbow bowfin

This is why we need to use scientific names only. Around here we call those "rainbowfin" not something retarded like "rainbow bowfin".

If you want to get technical, "Oncorhynchus spp meema calva".
>>
File: Your Favorite Lure.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Your Favorite Lure.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>960911
You sure do know a lot about that lifestyle.
>>
>>960934
kek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUYriO5a2zk
>>
File: Flat Gayfish.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Flat Gayfish.webm
3MB, 480x270px
>>960935
kek
>>
i have a ML st croix eyecon and i cant see myself using it for LMB
>>
>>960934
seems like a decent musky topwater desu
>>
>Shitting in Cabelas while shit posting after some beer and bbq.

This is such a nice day.
>>
>>960934
I'm a connoisseur good man.
>>
>>960959
Someone from Texas is fat what a surprise
>>
>>960965
epic troll bro XD
>>
>>960816
Nice. I recognized the "Lake Fork" and then expanded the pic and saw the sneks. Those soft baits look decent.
>>
File: 1488491288545.jpg (125KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488491288545.jpg
125KB, 600x800px
Fresh out da oven
>>960983
>>960983
>>960983
>>
>>960447
Check out "Catfish and Carp" youtube channel. Luke will teach you everything there is to know about kitty wrangling.
>>
>>960292
where u get this ?
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.